Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #16
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I didn't get that sense reading through the texts. I just think Martin is much more sensitive than he was trying to let on. Incognito didn't realize it in his football/partying haze. It comes off as though Martin was trying to be a good sport and return fire, but it was a show.

It also appeared as though he might be more of a loner who likes to chill at home whereas Incognito is the life of the party type who was constantly trying to coax him to go out. You can see, Martin is constantly making excuses for why he can't go out.

I don't really think anyone is to blame. Just conflicting personalities, except Martin was trying to paint himself as something he wasn't and Incognito didn't realize it.

A sort of really weird incidence of peer pressure.

How about the guy that let the guy he obviously was friends with get crucified by the media?

The last few texts:
Incognito: Whats up with this? (referring to the controversy)
Martin: I got nothing to do with it man I haven't said anything to anyone
Incognito: I heard it's all coming from Ur agent?
Incognito: I need you buddy I'm getting killed in the media.
Incognito: Bro can we talk? The dolphins are talking about releasing me

Martin never responds despite talking to incognito a lot before.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
How about the guy that let the guy he obviously was friends with get crucified by the media?

The last few texts:

That's ****ed up.

This situation makes Martin look awful. I don't think he'll ever be welcomed into an NFL locker room again.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The last few texts:

Were they really friends, though?

When you boil these texts down to their basics, here's what you see (or what I see)... Incognito loved going out, especially to strip clubs. He invited Martin to join him on many occasions. Martin usually came up with an excuse why he couldn't go, whether it was...

"I don't like prostitutes."
"We have practice early in the morning."
"I have diarrhea."
etc.

The vast majority of these texts follow the same formula.

Incognito: "I'm going to Ts. Come with us."
Martin: "I think I'm just staying in tonight."
Incognito: "You're a psssy."
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow.. So let me get this straight

1) Martin and Icognito were pretty much bros who were having the times of their life
2) Martin probably can't handle the pressure of being an NFL player and starts blaming "locker room culture" as the reason he leaves despite the fact he's just as bad(if not worst) than those meatheads in the lockeroom
3) Leaves team and Icognito is viewed as the main culprit because he's the closest to him and the most outspoken person in the team
4) Martin says nothing to clear Icognito's name as Martin is viewed as the vitim
5) Icognito says wtf did I do can you come out to the media and say the truth
6) Martin ignores because it will make him look even worst now and he'll look like a major ***** to everyone(more so before)

So basically everything opposite of the media was saying

Media was acting like this dude had to get gulf balls shoved up his ass or wasn't allowed to eat with the linemen but instead this dude was banging strippers and going to frat parties. Oh the torture!
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #20
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Were they really friends, though?

When you boil these texts down to their basics, here's what you see (or what I see)... Incognito loved going out, especially to strip clubs. He invited Martin to join him on many occasions. Martin usually came up with an excuse why he couldn't go, whether it was...

"I don't like prostitutes."
"We have practice early in the morning."
"I have diarrhea."
etc.

The vast majority of these texts follow the same formula.

Incognito: "I'm going to Ts. Come with us."
Martin: "I think I'm just staying in tonight."
Incognito: "You're a psssy."
At the very least to me it appears that incognito was under the impression they were friends. And that martin played in to the impression they were friends. Also if he hated martin and/or was racist against martin he wouldnt be inviting martin to party with him. He even talks to him about GTA. Obviously incognito was being friendly towards martin and martin betrayed him imo.

Richie Incognito: you pull any ass last night
Martin: Nah I was too wasted bro lol
Incognito: Hahaha! I was shitty too. Had a blast tho. What u doin today?
Martin: Sitting in James Bond right now, gonna run some errands. Do we have Tuesday off?
Incognito: No. We have Thursday off

That sounds like 2 friends to me.

After the scandal broke.
Incognito: What's up dude Glad to hear Ur ok I'm here if u ever need to talk. I've been through enough shit myself to understand.
Incognito: I miss Ur stinky armpits
Incognito: How u doing buddy? Feeling better?? I miss us
Martin: Wassup man? The worlds gone crazy lol I'm good tho congrats on the win
Incognito: Thanks dude It's unbelievable all the attention this is getting. All that's important is that you feel better and know we miss u dude

It continues on, but incognito comes off as really caring in this exchange.

Edit: at the very least even if martin was secretly offended by how incognito behaved. He should have come to Incognito's defense when the media was portraying him as a racist bully, who was bullying martin because of his race. Also how about at 1 point telling incognito he was being offended, incognito cant read his mind. He just let the media crucify incognito, with accusations he knew were false.

The media was killing incognito. Whitlock called incognito a prison yard bully. People were calling him a racist. Speculating he was intimated by martin's intelligence and hated martin, etc. It turns out he was constantly trying to get martin to party/hang out with him and the rest of the team. It's almost the opposite of what the media was reporting.

I dont think a racist white man would invite a black man to go party with him.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 02-04-2014 at 10:34 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #21
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^
The racist part was obviously blown up by the media to attract viewers and to make the case more scandalous than it was. Race is just a taboo topic always was/always is.

Apparently Martin went to drug rehab and was on some heavy shit. Maybe that's the main reason he left the team and not because of "bullying"
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
At the very least to me it appears that incognito was under the impression they were friends. And that martin played in to the impression they were friends. Also if he hated martin and/or was racist against martin he wouldnt be inviting martin to party with him. He even talks to him about GTA. Obviously incognito was being friendly towards martin and martin betrayed him imo.

Richie Incognito: you pull any ass last night
Martin: Nah I was too wasted bro lol
Incognito: Hahaha! I was shitty too. Had a blast tho. What u doin today?
Martin: Sitting in James Bond right now, gonna run some errands. Do we have Tuesday off?
Incognito: No. We have Thursday off

That sounds like 2 friends to me.

After the scandal broke.
Incognito: What's up dude Glad to hear Ur ok I'm here if u ever need to talk. I've been through enough shit myself to understand.
Incognito: I miss Ur stinky armpits
Incognito: How u doing buddy? Feeling better?? I miss us
Martin: Wassup man? The worlds gone crazy lol I'm good tho congrats on the win
Incognito: Thanks dude It's unbelievable all the attention this is getting. All that's important is that you feel better and know we miss u dude

It continues on, but incognito comes off as really caring in this exchange.

Edit: at the very least even if martin was secretly offended by how incognito behaved. He should have come to Incognito's defense when the media was portraying him as a racist bully, who was bullying martin because of his race. Also how about at 1 point telling incognito he was being offended, incognito cant read his mind. He just let the media crucify incognito, with accusations he knew were false.

The media was killing incognito. Whitlock called incognito a prison yard bully. People were calling him a racist. Speculating he was intimated by martin's intelligence and hated martin, etc. It turns out he was constantly trying to get martin to party/hang out with him and the rest of the team. It's almost the opposite of what the media was reporting.

I dont think a racist white man would invite a black man to go party with him.
I agree with you that Incognito was under the impression that they were friends. And, I think Martin did everything in his power to make it seem like he was cool and he was a poon-hound.

Like I said in my above posts, I think Martin just felt some peer pressure to act a certain way to fit in. Now, whether he had to put on those fronts to survive in the league... that's debatable. I think if he had just been straight up with these guys and said, "Look, I have nothing against you guys but I'm more of a chill guy who likes to hang out at home most of the time"... I think Incognito would have been cool with that, just based off of what I read and his general demeanor.

Because Martin tried to play the cool guy / party animal, Incognito believed he wanted to be a part of the crew.

In reality, he was just trying to fit in and, being an overly sensitive cat, he took those "*****" and "weirdo" remarks to heart. I can sit here and say the guy is a b!tch or whatever, but I've never walked in his shoes so I'm not going to make a judgement on him as a person.

I completely agree with you that Incognito is not the menace he was being made out to be in the press. He's pretty clearly not racist nor does he seem like a bad guy.

I will say that I've been friends with guys like Incognito -- or at least the way he comes off in the texts -- and they can be a bit overbearing. We've all had those wild friends that love to party and they can wear on you after a while. They're really fun in small doses, in my experiences.

At the end of the day, I see a giant misunderstanding and, like I said, I don't blame either guy unless Martin was truly behind all of the stuff that leaked to the press about Incognito being a bully and a racist (he claims he wasn't). Maybe Martin just confided in the wrong person?

I'm going to wait for it to play out before casting blame. I do feel for Incognito because he has been dragged through the mud and it is pretty clear that he at least truly thought Martin was his friend.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #23
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Martin is a snake and a bitch, and he also sucked ass as our LT. An old injured McKinnie was better than him.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There has to be something else to this right? Because if this was just texts, it's not only stupid, it's wrong, and to look over it for months is insane.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #25
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I feel like. Martin is a homosexual and he was having issues with it.
He debated coming out, when they teased him and called him names, he played it off because he didn't want to break down and show he was offended because he truly was homosexual. (His Reply is usually "F you!")

So then Martin goes to see someone, close to telling them he's gay, backs down, and says "uhh. It's the culture."

When doctor asks, "uhh. They teAse me, call me names"

Proof?

"Uhh.. Here look"

Shows examples of multiple players texting but incognito was most frequent, he gets the blame.

F.ucken homosexuals.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Incognito is a f*ckin racist fggt and wannabe bully.. Martin was just too soft to stand up to him..

Martin was too busy trying to find a way to fit in with the ass hole Incognito..

If Martin was more sure of himself, he wouldn't have put up with all the bullsh*t
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, I do believe that Martin should have spoken up when Incognito was being villified. Based on those texts it seemed like Martin was just to scared to speak up so he let Incognito get killed.

I definitely understand how the scenario RBA is talking about could be very real but it was cowardly to let Incognito get such a massive black mark on his record. He is still a professional that needs to get work to provide for his family and this will definitely hurt him.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I don't personally see why anybody should speak up for incognito.. all the vile sh*t he said and did speaks for itself..

it wasn't just texts..he had incidents before martin..

How about the incident with the woman at the golf event? should the woman he harassed speak up in his defense too?

Oh he's just misunderstood

GTFO
he deserves all that has happened to him.. guy needs to grow the f*ck up
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #29
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I don't personally see why anybody should speak up for incognito.. all the vile sh*t he said and did speaks for itself..

it wasn't just texts..he had incidents before martin..

How about the incident with the woman at the golf event? should the woman he harassed speak up in his defense too?

Oh he's just misunderstood

GTFO
he deserves all that has happened to him.. guy needs to grow the f*ck up
People have went from Incognito is innocent to Incognito is a good guy. I'm not aware yet if he is a bully or not (not everything is out to make a decision) and you can see with the evidence it's almost moving toward not unless something else is out there. HOWEVER he's undoubably an asshole. He got kicked out of two colleges, he has a bunch of incidents, he uses the N word like it's going out of style and he ain't black. He's a ****ing idiot. He might turn out not to be a bully in this incident, but the tide turning where Incognito is the kind of guy you want as a teammate i find ridiculous.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
People have went from Incognito is innocent to Incognito is a good guy. I'm not aware yet if he is a bully or not (not everything is out to make a decision) and you can see with the evidence it's almost moving toward not unless something else is out there. HOWEVER he's undoubably an asshole. He got kicked out of two colleges, he has a bunch of incidents, he uses the N word like it's going out of style and he ain't black. He's a ****ing idiot. He might turn out not to be a bully in this incident, but the tide turning where Incognito is the kind of guy you want as a teammate i find ridiculous.

you probably said it more eloquently than I did...

He's not a good guy, and there is no reason why people should be defending this dude
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: