Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #31
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,494
knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you probably said it more eloquently than I did...

He's not a good guy, and there is no reason why people should be defending this dude

I think we can all agree that Icognito is a douchebad/meathead and someone you'll never want your daughter near a 25 mile radius.


BUT that being said Martin has handled the situation like a total bitch despite the fact he's 6'5 300 lb's+ and plays in a sport where toughness is a main requirement.

Again none of the texts show there was any bullying nor that Icognito was a racist(just makes him out to be a total idiot). We just see texts/pictures of Martin and Icognito hitting up clubs, parties, nailing strippers and what not. We can assume they were friends.

I'm sure alot of the times they were with other teammates as well
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #32
CelticBaller
lite kobe
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: minus the raping and chucking
Posts: 14,535
CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
you probably said it more eloquently than I did...

He's not a good guy, and there is no reason why people should be defending this dude
He's not a good guy, but he's definitely not on the wrong here
Martin was being a ***** while Incognito thought he could handle friendly ribbing.

The fact that the whole locker room backs up Incognito speaks for itself
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #33
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think we can all agree that Icognito is a douchebad/meathead and someone you'll never want your daughter near a 25 mile radius.


BUT that being said Martin has handled the situation like a total bitch despite the fact he's 6'5 300 lb's+ and plays in a sport where toughness is a main requirement.

Again none of the texts show there was any bullying nor that Icognito was a racist(just makes him out to be a total idiot). We just see texts/pictures of Martin and Icognito hitting up clubs, parties, nailing strippers and what not. We can assume they were friends.

I'm sure alot of the times they were with other teammates as well

I don't think they were ever actually "friends"... I think Martin pretended to be his friend because he was too mentally soft to stand up to the guy

I also think a guy who says "Im gonna shoot you and get away with it because Im white" (in Florida) and uses the N word a lot, is too close to a racist for my liking..

If you just wanna call him an idiot, I wont nitpick it because his race comments aren't the worst part of all the things he's done
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #34
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller

The fact that the whole locker room backs up Incognito speaks for itself


No... Incognito's words speak louder than the support of the locker room.. The fact that the locker room backs him speaks poorly for the whole locker room..

The guy has a history of other issues beyond martin.. If the Dolphins had character guys in their locker room who defended him? then maybe you say "Incognito is misunderstood"..

but they don't...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,494
knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
No... Incognito's words speak louder than the support of the locker room.. The fact that the locker room backs him speaks poorly for the whole locker room..

The guy has a history of other issues beyond martin.. If the Dolphins had character guys in their locker room who defended him? then maybe you say "Incognito is misunderstood"..

but they don't...

I don't know if anyone came out in his defense(although I thought Wallace did) but to be fair no one called him out and no one took Martin's side at all either. Although I don't think any of the players want to take sides and get dragged into this.


Let's not act like Martin is a Saint either.. Besides the obvious strippers/texts/etc, he may have been checked into a drug rehab center. I just think he couldn't handle the pressure of it all and used Icognito as a scapegoat.

But it's still lulzy the apparent "bullying" in a NFL lockeroom.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #36
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't know if anyone came out in his defense(although I thought Wallace did) but to be fair no one called him out and no one took Martin's side at all either. Although I don't think any of the players want to take sides and get dragged into this.


Let's not act like Martin is a Saint either.. Besides the obvious strippers/texts/etc, he may have been checked into a drug rehab center. I just think he couldn't handle the pressure of it all and used Icognito as a scapegoat.

But it's still lulzy the apparent "bullying" in a NFL lockeroom.


I agree that Martin is no saint... Its partially his fault this situation became the problem that it has..

I also agree with the laugh at the bullying in the NFL.. I think incognito is a wannabe bully, but I shake my head at Martin for being cowed into such a situation.. No one should be able to bully a grown man if they don't allow it...

I admit it happens in many instances (in and outside the NFL) but the power is in the hands of the person who allows it to happen. Have some courage and stand up for yourself when sh*t is not right...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #37
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,677
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I don't personally see why anybody should speak up for incognito.. all the vile sh*t he said and did speaks for itself..

it wasn't just texts..he had incidents before martin..

How about the incident with the woman at the golf event? should the woman he harassed speak up in his defense too?

Oh he's just misunderstood


GTFO
he deserves all that has happened to him.. guy needs to grow the f*ck up

I think we can all agree Incognito is a douchebag but to suspend him and turn this whole situation into a scandal is overboard.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #38
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,980
blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

some of these can't be taken literally. i mean, the underlying thing going on here is that this reiterates they were good buddies and sent these texts for fun and to 'one-up' each other.

shit, i've sent some gay ass texts to friends that would be taken totally out of context if just shown out of the blue

i've told one of my good friends i wanted to curb stomp him and $hit on his mouth. if someone just saw that, they'd think we hated each other. they're just ridiculous to the point of being goofy.

it does weaken martin's case but physical bullying is different.

the biggest criticism to me for martin is that he did not seem to pursue all solutions before going public. even if that whole locker room/coaching staff was toxic, he could have done a couple more things. this whole situation remains strange as hell.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #39
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,613
MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Incognito is a f*ckin racist fggt and wannabe bully.. Martin was just too soft to stand up to him..

Martin was too busy trying to find a way to fit in with the ass hole Incognito..

If Martin was more sure of himself, he wouldn't have put up with all the bullsh*t

You really got that impression out of the texts?
I totally disagree. To me the texts disprove definitively that incognito is a racist or bullied martin.

Evidence:
1. He continuously tries/pressures martin to go to various clubs/strip joints with him martin. He continuously tries to get martin to have sex with more woman. In what universe does a racist white man try to do that for a black man?

2. He constantly tries to get martin to party with him and the team. He is constantly throughout the texts pressuring martin to go out and party with him. What racist white man has ever tried to get a black man to party with him? If incognito was racist he would be trying to avoid partying with martin imo.

3. at least on some occasions martin went out and he and incognito tried to pick up chicks together. And according to their texts they were rather successful. They even bragged to each other about various woman they ****ed.

Also maybe incognito is insensitive and stupid but he clearly thought of martin as a friend. I dont see how anyone reads those texts knowing that Martin is black and comes away with the impression incognito is a racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
People have went from Incognito is innocent to Incognito is a good guy. I'm not aware yet if he is a bully or not (not everything is out to make a decision) and you can see with the evidence it's almost moving toward not unless something else is out there. HOWEVER he's undoubably an asshole. He got kicked out of two colleges, he has a bunch of incidents, he uses the N word like it's going out of style and he ain't black. He's a ****ing idiot. He might turn out not to be a bully in this incident, but the tide turning where Incognito is the kind of guy you want as a teammate i find ridiculous.

I disagree that people started with the impression that incognito was innocent. The media basically called him a racist, dumb, bully.

And I agree that incognito is a meathead and probably very violent. But the 2 main accusations were that he was a racist and a bully against martin. That appears untrue based on those texts.

Incognito is definitely a meathead, and based on those texts obviously views woman as objects. Also with the golf incident he is obviously not a guy a woman should be left alone with. So no one is saying he is Ghandi.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #40
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 29,894
niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
You really got that impression out of the texts?
I totally disagree. To me the texts disprove definitively that incognito is a racist or bullied martin.

Evidence:
1. He continuously tries/pressures martin to go to various clubs/strip joints with him martin. He continuously tries to get martin to have sex with more woman. In what universe does a racist white man try to do that for a black man?

2. He constantly tries to get martin to party with him and the team. He is constantly throughout the texts pressuring martin to go out and party with him. What racist white man has ever tried to get a black man to party with him? If incognito was racist he would be trying to avoid partying with martin imo.

3. at least on some occasions martin went out and he and incognito tried to pick up chicks together. And according to their texts they were rather successful. They even bragged to each other about various woman they ****ed.

Also maybe incognito is insensitive and stupid but he clearly thought of martin as a friend. I dont see how anyone reads those texts knowing that Martin is black and comes away with the impression incognito is a racist.



I disagree that people started with the impression that incognito was innocent. The media basically called him a racist, dumb, bully.

And I agree that incognito is a meathead and probably very violent. But the 2 main accusations were that he was a racist and a bully against martin. That appears untrue based on those texts.

Incognito is definitely a meathead, and based on those texts obviously views woman as objects. Also with the golf incident he is obviously not a guy a woman should be left alone with. So no one is saying he is Ghandi.
People are saying he's a good teammate and a good guy. Literally using those words. not you, but quite a bit of the media has went in that direction. He's not. If he's innocent then yes he deserves vindication but he's a career dipshit which is why he didn't get the initial benefit of the doubt some other players would have.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #41
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,613
MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
People are saying he's a good teammate and a good guy. Literally using those words. not you, but quite a bit of the media has went in that direction. He's not. If he's innocent then yes he deserves vindication but he's a career dipshit which is why he didn't get the initial benefit of the doubt some other players would have.
Mike Wallace and Mike Pouncey were the 2 dolphin players to come to incognito's defense.

People in the media were killing him and the dolphin organization though.

I agree he is a dipshit, but that and being a good teammate isnt mutually exclusive.

I am just saying that those texts greatly weaken Martin's case. And if he wasnt friends with incognito, he sure didnt do anything to make it clear.

He even reciprocated with taunts/threats to incognito. After which they joke around, talk about woman/partying and mundane stuff like practise times. Those texts are similar to how my friends and I joke around.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #42
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,677
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Incognito is a f*ckin racist fggt and wannabe bully.. Martin was just too soft to stand up to him..

Martin was too busy trying to find a way to fit in with the ass hole Incognito..

If Martin was more sure of himself, he wouldn't have put up with all the bullsh*t

I just caught the "fggt" part. Was that really necessary? It seems you are just as insensitive to using derogatory terms as Incognito.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #43
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I just caught the "fggt" part. Was that really necessary? It seems you are just as insensitive to using derogatory terms as Incognito.


really?

you are reaching pal... lol.. You wanna defend this ass hole.. that's what you are in here for..

I would personally be at war with a punk like incognito..

you saying I'm " just as insensitive to using derogatory terms as Incognito" is simply dumb...

you gotta admit that
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #44
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,677
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
really?

you are reaching pal... lol.. You wanna defend this ass hole.. that's what you are in here for..

I would personally be at war with a punk like incognito..

you saying I'm " just as insensitive to using derogatory terms as Incognito" is simply dumb...

you gotta admit that

I was playing devils advocate but my point still remains and is valid.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #45
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,485
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I was playing devils advocate but my point still remains and is valid.


your point is not valid at all

If all Incognito did was use the term "fggt" in a text would his actions be an issue?

No they wouldn't and you know that
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy