Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #61
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You guess? He has a rep going back to college. No guessing he is a certified scumbag. Also offtopic the Pouncey brothers are coming across as goons.

This is probably the weirdest story in sports I've come across in some time. What next will be revealed?
to be honest I had incognito pegged as an asshole off appearance alone.

I had him peg as a bro do you even lift kind of guy off appearance alone.

Some of his texts to martin were non-assholish imo.

But yeah it doesnt surprise me he is an asshole. Its crazy that he thought he was bullying a guy to the point where that guy might take a gun and shoot up the dolphin facility and that he continued to do so.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #62
niko
I Run NY.

Incognito is an asshole period. It's not debatable. He got kicked out of a few schools, he has the golf incident, he's always been like this.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #63
irondarts

The Worst Stuff From The Dolphins Investigation

This report pretty much destroys Ingognito as well as Turner.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #64
irondarts

It also appears that Richie Incognito has deleted his Twitter account. And his attorney's response to the report is so lame.

The guy is done. Legitimately feel bad for Jonathan Martin. This stuff is just awful.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #65
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

uggh ... I just read some of the stuff that went on that report... SMH

it was basically disgusting.. I could see how someone would to kill themselves (if they didn't have enough stones to snap and kill Incognito, Pouncy, and jones)

I don't even know what to say other than that.. I'll post what I read if any one wants to see it
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #66
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Ross needs to hire an outside auditor to work with the rest of the front office and basically do a clean sweep, get rid of all the rubbish, starting with Incognito and Pouncey, the OL coach, the head trainer and work your way outwards from there. The report also makes it clear that Philbin has no business being a head coach. Either he was aware of this and was trying to basically pull the "see no evil/hear no evil" bit or, even worse, he didn't know anything about it and then he's completely out of touch with his team.

The most damning part is the treatment of the assistant trainer, some of that shit I read I'd swear was 100% parody, couldn't be true if we didn't know better. Miami needs to clean up their mess before the NFL decides to drop the hammer as well.

Incognito clearly needs to be gone, like for good, he's on Twitter hours after this basically trying to portray himself as a victim when the report clearly exposes him for being a compulsive liar and completely trying to manipulate the truth, just telling flat-out fairy tales in that Jay Glazer interview. This guy is so far gone, so sociopathic that he actually thought the report would.....exonerate him? Locker rooms will be locker rooms but Incognito is an absolute disease, like one of the players interviews by Wells stated, he's the type of guy who completely destroys a locker room over his antics. You won't find this sort of environment with successful teams like New England, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver...etc, they have strong leadership that would nip this in the bud quickly however in Miami it is clear that the inmates were running the asylum.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #67
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
It also appears that Richie Incognito has deleted his Twitter account. And his attorney's response to the report is so lame.

The guy is done. Legitimately feel bad for Jonathan Martin. This stuff is just awful.

He needs to go to a good organization that will support him. He's got plenty of talent, he showed it in college, I'm sure dealing with all this shit, day in and day out would reduce anyone's performance. I think if you send him to the 49ers with his old coach or Seattle with a guy like Carroll running the show, that you'd see a much improved player overall.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #68
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Nate garner

I guess incognito is an asshole. I still dont think he is a racist, in that he treated martin badly because he was black.

You mean calling the assistant trainer a C$%k wasn't enough? It's one thing when you've got players ribbing each other, now you're ****ing with a guy whose sole job is to help you, degrading him and humiliating him over and over, all of those guys can go eat a big bag of *****.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #69
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Your first instinct is usually the right one.

Incognito = massive scumbag

In fact, this whole Dolphins line is looking, once again, like a group of 300-pound children. Trying to make another man cry? Seriously?

These are adults?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #70
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Your first instinct is usually the right one.

Incognito = massive scumbag

In fact, this whole Dolphins line is looking, once again, like a group of 300-pound children. Trying to make another man cry? Seriously?

These are adults?

No real leadership in that locker room, that is how a douche like Incognito managed to hold sway. No leadership from the coaching staff, heck a bunch of them took part in the BS antics, no leadership from Philbin or the GM, no strong veteran leadership of any kind from the players, they were either cowed by Incognito and worried about him turning on them so they went along or they were happy to perpetuate a toxic, divided locker room.

Its no wonder their offensive line looked so shitty, when you have this much dysfunction and then offensive line coach is a real piece of shit to boot, its impossible to be shocked at the eventual results.

In the end, its not Jonathan Martin and his issues that will incur the NFL's wrath the most, but the anti-homosexual comments made about the guy that got cut and the racist and degrading comments and actions towards the Japanese assistant-trainer.

When Goodell drops the hammer, you're going to see a lot of suspensions handed out, for guys like Incognito and the OL coach, they might be looking at multi year suspensions even, this sort of thing being made public has to be deeply embarrassing to the NFL and there will be hell to pay.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:07 AM   #71
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
No real leadership in that locker room, that is how a douche like Incognito managed to hold sway. No leadership from the coaching staff, heck a bunch of them took part in the BS antics, no leadership from Philbin or the GM, no strong veteran leadership of any kind from the players, they were either cowed by Incognito and worried about him turning on them so they went along or they were happy to perpetuate a toxic, divided locker room.

Its no wonder their offensive line looked so shitty, when you have this much dysfunction and then offensive line coach is a real piece of shit to boot, its impossible to be shocked at the eventual results.

In the end, its not Jonathan Martin and his issues that will incur the NFL's wrath the most, but the anti-homosexual comments made about the guy that got cut and the racist and degrading comments and actions towards the Japanese assistant-trainer.

When Goodell drops the hammer, you're going to see a lot of suspensions handed out, for guys like Incognito and the OL coach, they might be looking at multi year suspensions even, this sort of thing being made public has to be deeply embarrassing to the NFL and there will be hell to pay.

Incognito knew this was coming, too. That's why he tried to sway public opinion in the last couple weeks by making those text messages available. Funny thing is, while he didn't come off like a monster in those texts, it wasn't exactly the kind of personality you'd want holding court within your football team.

Yet, those were his best counter to these investigations, which he knew were going to be bad. This guy is something else.

Goodell is going to deal with these guys incredibly harshly and they will deserve every bit of it and more...

I've worked with people who may not have been 30y/o bullies (only in the NFL would that be even remotely possible), but they did make doing my job more difficult. It is one thing when bosses make going to work not fun, but when it is your fellow co-workers? That can really f#ck with your mind. I don't care how old you are.

Seriously, f#ck these guys. Drop the hammer, Rog.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #72
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

You guys are a bunch of fuccin sissies.

Jesus. Grow some damn balls.

That's that nfl life. Every team in league does this.

The only thing out of ordinary is that Martin is a beta bitch and he couldn't handle it.

Y'all need to get your g strings out your ass.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #73
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

The only thing out of ordinary is that Martin is a beta bitch and he couldn't handle it.

Get out of here with that bullshit. If you don't think they crossed serious lines you're a moron. I'm tired of this stupid ignorant attitude. That just because it's football and the locker room that this behavior is somehow OK. It's not OK in any other work environment and it shouldn't be OK in sports locker rooms. These men get paid millions of dollars to play a sport and they need to be held accountable for their behavior. It is not OK to treat other human beings in these disgusting ways and to act like ignorant children. Grow the hell up.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:51 AM   #74
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

You sound ****ing pathetic, maybe you haven't learned this from your experiences asking people "would you like fry's with that", but there are a series of federal labor laws that apply even in the NFL, yes even in the locker room.

You can take Martin out of this and due to the Japanese trainer being harassed consistently, being called a Jap and a C##nk, none of which Incognito denied, the systematic harassment he experienced alone is enough to violate almost a dozen of these laws.

"It's just normal locker room" behavior doesn't explain away any of that bullshit. What went on is far from normal and far from acceptable. It promoted a toxic environment in the locker room, not only did it negatively affect performance out on the field, but you had guys being pushed up to and beyond their breaking point. This shit isn't acceptable, I don't give a **** about your macho bullshit or the 2 years you played in Pop Warner.

This is the kind of shit that we end up looking back on after someone goes on a shooting spree and wonder what could have been done to stop it. Incognito even joked about Garner coming back and shooting the place up. They knew they were pushing the guy beyond his breaking point and absurdly continued to do it. That's the result when the leader of your locker room is a ****ing sociopath.

GTFO with your fake tough guy bullshit.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #75
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
If the Dolphins were a college, after the report released by Ted Wells on Friday, they might be facing the death penalty.

That's why what happened in Miami is even worse. It's a professional football organization, a billion-dollar business in a multibillion-dollar industry. And after reading Wells' report of what has happened in the Dolphins organization during the past few years, it makes you wonder who was minding the fort this whole time.

The tales of racism, sexual harassment, bullying, hazing and general unacceptable behavior from various members of the Dolphins roster -- and coaching staff! -- make it sound like the NFL's version of Lord of the Flies. A bunch of preschoolers put in charge of an island with zero discipline or responsibility for their actions and the core leadership group being the biggest part of the problem.

Want to point the finger at someone for all of this? The biggest problem isn't finding someone to blame. The biggest problem is making sure that there's enough blame to go around for everyone at fault.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-top-to-bottom
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: