Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Do you like the job Kevin McHale is doing?

What do you think of the way McHale has run the show, both in the past and in the past season or two?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far
Default McHale gets an INCOMPLETE Grade

I will give McHale this season to wrong his rights, and see if his master plan works out. Even accourding to him he thinks he's just a few pieces away. I agree. I love Jaric's game, but he needs to play at the 3, he did some last season and worked well. They need a healthy McCants, still loving this draft pick. They need to use RickyD and trade him away before the season starts. EIther to move up in the draft for Adam Morrison or package him with their high 2nd round picks or 1st round pick to get a big time point guard. They are not going to be able to afford to keep Banks, he will be in Lakerland next season, guarenteed.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I like how versatile jaric is. It's a positive, but sometimes a negative when it isn't clear what his role is, or when he just plain isn't doing what needs to get done

Adam Morrison or Rudy Gay sound like the perfect additions
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not really. Are swing men go as follows.

SG- Ricky Davis / Rashad Mccants
SF- Trenton Hassell / Justin Reed

that's good enough IMO we need some frontcourt help.

PF- Kevin Garnett / Mark Madsen
C- Mark Blount / Eddie Griffin

that's not very good. they should take Tyrus Thomas if he falls to them IMO, even though people are sayin he's gonna be a bust, it's worth the try. We could also possibly grab Shelden Williams or maybe Marcus Williams. My choice would be Marcus Williams.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i am getting sick of mchale. and it looks like nothing is gonna happen this offseason either...

"I don't know if so much dynamic change is called for (this offseason). The difference between winning 58 [in 2003-04] or winning 48 was a shot here or a shot there. And the difference between winning 44 or 33 this year was a shot here, a shot there. It's always a much finer line than people think."

-from an interview out of star tribune

looks like another losing season for KG and the wolves. i think half of the people here could do a better job than mchale.

not only are we not gonna make some big deals like cassell and spree, but looks like we're losing people, especially marcus banks to the lakers.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
tlang1982
I airball my layups

tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Not really. Are swing men go as follows.

SG- Ricky Davis / Rashad Mccants
SF- Trenton Hassell / Justin Reed

that's good enough IMO we need some frontcourt help.

PF- Kevin Garnett / Mark Madsen
C- Mark Blount / Eddie Griffin

that's not very good. they should take Tyrus Thomas if he falls to them IMO, even though people are sayin he's gonna be a bust, it's worth the try. We could also possibly grab Shelden Williams or maybe Marcus Williams. My choice would be Marcus Williams.

Justin Reed is a free agent, i hope they resign him. I love his hustle. But Tyrus Thomas is a 3 year project. And he's short for his position even though he does have 9 foot wing span. Sheldon Williams is nothing more than another Reggie Evans and Marcus Williams is 3 years away from being great.

Adam Morrison good NOW! I agree we need a good big man next to KG, but there's nothing in this draft.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #7
podsportart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

podsportart has an OK reputation so far
Default Point Guard Visionary

McHale's tenure can be judged entirely by his handling of the point guard spot. Drafted Paul Grant instead of Bobby Jackson. Traded a first rounder to get Bobby Jackson. Let Bobby walk for nothing to draft William Avery. Resurected Billups career when Avery flopped then let him walk for nothing. Traded J. Smith for one year with Cassell (second year doesn't count since he just tanked it along with Spreewell) Trading Cassell and his expiring contract for Jaric and a silly long term deal. AND A FIRST! Finally getting the quick off the bounce point we need (Banks) and now it looks like he is going to let him go for nothing. How do I think McHale's doing? I think if Isiah makes one good move that McHale is the worst in the league.
podsportart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #8
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsportart
McHale's tenure can be judged entirely by his handling of the point guard spot. Drafted Paul Grant instead of Bobby Jackson. Traded a first rounder to get Bobby Jackson. Let Bobby walk for nothing to draft William Avery. Resurected Billups career when Avery flopped then let him walk for nothing. Traded J. Smith for one year with Cassell (second year doesn't count since he just tanked it along with Spreewell) Trading Cassell and his expiring contract for Jaric and a silly long term deal. AND A FIRST! Finally getting the quick off the bounce point we need (Banks) and now it looks like he is going to let him go for nothing. How do I think McHale's doing? I think if Isiah makes one good move that McHale is the worst in the league.
Cassell was hurt. He wasn't tanking it.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: