Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Seahawks defense GOAT? Start of dynasty?

In this offense friendly nfl, it's definitely up for debate.

To completely DESTROY "best offense ever", goat Qb????

Been typin all year, harvin is a monster.

Imagine if we had him all year???!!!???!??

Young team.

I can't remember a team this stacked in all positions, except o line. Imagine a decent line???

Even punting game kills it.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Seahawks defense GOAT? Start of dynasty?

Gotta lot of players to lock up.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
dazzer87
Great college starter

dazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

dynasty? Nah these players will want to get pay. Maybe one more yr then players will go and get paid.
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #4
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Dynasties are almost impossible nowadays.
A lot of your guys are making league minimum
They will get paid, your gm is either going to have to replace them with great draft picks or get rid of some of them to get under the cap, and hope other players improve.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer87
dynasty? Nah these players will want to get pay. Maybe one more yr then players will go and get paid.

Pretty much.

This is why dynasties are almost impossible to build and maintain nowadays. Just look at the Steelers throughout the 2000's who were the closest thing to a dynasty. They won with different players because other teams would always sign their young guys away after each SB win. They never repeated due to that.

Seahawks will be able to hold onto their primary core players, but I expect most of their expiring contracts to move onto other teams. The defense will still be awesome next year, but not LEGENDARY status like they were this year. I would say this season's Seattle defense is top 5 underneath the 70s steel curtain, 85 bears, 2001 Ravens & early 90s Giants.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:22 AM   #6
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Pretty much.

This is why dynasties are almost impossible to build and maintain nowadays. Just look at the Steelers throughout the 2000's who were the closest thing to a dynasty. They won with different players because other teams would always sign their young guys away after each SB win. They never repeated due to that.

Seahawks will be able to hold onto their primary core players, but I expect most of their expiring contracts to move onto other teams. The defense will still be awesome next year, but not LEGENDARY status like they were this year. I would say this season's Seattle defense is top 5 underneath the 70s steel curtain, 85 bears, 2001 Ravens & early 90s Giants.

This 100%
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Josh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputation

Congrats to the Seahawks on their first Lombardi. Dynasty in the making? IDK, but if anyone currently in today's NFL has the potential, why not them? I'm just wondering to myself just how great this Wilson kid truly is. The idea of him being a fluke is out the window. He can only get better too - now how scary a thought is that? Two years in the league, and the most wins of any QB in the history of the game.

Sure, give the defense the bulk of the credit, but give this kid due too. He deserves it. I think it'd be foolish to say he's never making another SuperBowl. I think the real question is how many, and of how many he makes how many he wins? He's certainly no Peyton Manning and it's highly unlikely he'll finish his career the better QB, but it's very possible, even likely he'll finish his career with more SB wins (hell even his own brother Eli has accomplished that).

While we're on this subject ... you can't help but notice in big time games, in big time situations, Peyton Manning seems to come up short, often. He'd made the playoffs countless times, and he's lost in the playoffs countless times. As great as Peyton is, being clutch in the biggest games at the biggest moments, he doesn't measure up. The young Russell Wilson IMO has already proven he's more of a clutch QB in very high level clutch situations.

Peyton will be remembered as one of the game's greatest QBs, maybe even the greatest, but unlike guys such as Montana, Favre, Brady (and Wilson if he continues finishing his career as well as he started) Peyton will be remembered for not having the clutch gene as they call it. Last night put the exclamation point on it and solidified this claim if nothing else. I actually felt bad for the man.

Last edited by Josh : 02-03-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

He doesn't have the clutch gene, but holds the NFL record for comebacks and game winning drives.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Josh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He doesn't have the clutch gene, but holds the NFL record for comebacks and game winning drives.

I'm just talking about (and I explained this) in big games - such as playoff games he doesn't perform as well as one would be lead to believe. When you consider how many seasons a Peyton Manning team made the post season and how many SuperBowls made, how many SuperBowls won, it leaves one wondering why the lack of SB appearances/wins. That's all I'm saying. The greatest QB of all time you'd expect more than 2 SB appearances and half as many SB wins.

Last edited by Josh : 02-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dynasty? Seattle "fans" kill me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #11
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dynasty? Seattle "fans" kill me.
Lol.

Young team. Stacked

It's not coincidence we accurately choose 4,5,6 round. Undrafted free agents that are huge contributors. Super Bowl mvps. Perennial all pros. Smh

You don't know football

John scheinder best gm. Carrol best coach - voted by players. You know, the players that want to come here via free agency?

It's possible. We here.

Keep re watching those nfc championship games when y'all allllmoooosrttt won.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #12
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Lol.

Young team. Stacked

It's not coincidence we accurately choose 4,5,6 round. Undrafted free agents that are huge contributors. Super Bowl mvps. Perennial all pros. Smh

You don't know football

John scheinder best gm. Carrol best coach - voted by players. You know, the players that want to come here via free agency?

It's possible. We here.

Keep re watching those nfc championship games when y'all allllmoooosrttt won.

You forgot to add fantastic lawyers that win appeals when your players get busted. I mean there is a reason why that LB playing SS is so big right?

Then again you probably weren't a fan back when that happened so I guess we can let it slide.

Hmm, how does a Lakers fan become a PEDhawks fan? Makes me wonder, wouldn't it have made sense for him to be a Sonics fan then? Or a Raiders/Rams fan? Hmmm...... **thinks to himself**
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:30 AM   #13
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
You forgot to add fantastic lawyers that win appeals when your players get busted. I mean there is a reason why that LB playing SS is so big right?

Then again you probably weren't a fan back when that happened so I guess we can let it slide.

Hmm, how does a Lakers fan become a PEDhawks fan? Makes me wonder, wouldn't it have made sense for him to be a Sonics fan then? Or a Raiders/Rams fan? Hmmm...... **thinks to himself**
You're an idiot

Weed is not a ped dip shit

Been down since day one

Curt Warner will always be a Seahawk name to me. (Go google punk )

Don't step fucc face.

And btw, do you know who that is in my avatar???

Then look at my screen name.

Just don't step.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #14
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
You're an idiot

Weed is not a ped dip shit

Been down since day one

Curt Warner will always be a Seahawk name to me. (Go google punk )

Don't step fucc face.

And btw, do you know who that is in my avatar???

Then look at my screen name.

Just don't step.

Calm your tits little one. Just cuz people know you're a groupie doesn't make you manly enough to roll with the big boys just yet.

Weed isn't the only thing they popped for moron. You think with a coach like that that there isn't something shady going around in that locker room? Boy you must be bugging.

Down since day 1? I'd say more like down since Week 1 for most you bandwagoners.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #15
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Calm your tits little one. Just cuz people know you're a groupie doesn't make you manly enough to roll with the big boys just yet.

Weed isn't the only thing they popped for moron. You think with a coach like that that there isn't something shady going around in that locker room? Boy you must be bugging.

Down since day 1? I'd say more like down since Week 1 for most you bandwagoners.

Fucc you idiot.

Get your googler out.

Stop derailing threads with your nonsense.

You're a fuccin mosquito. Don't step.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: