Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #31
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Your top 5 GOAT QBs as of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Kurt Warner never gets any love.

He should though. He was absolutely much better in the playoffs and Superbowl than Peyton ever has been.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #32
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
1. Joe Montana - Was cool and clutch...He did have all star teams though

2. Dan Marino - He is probably still is the best QB I have ever seen. Passes are bullets. Can read defenses well. But never had the talent around him to win the bog one.

3. Tom Brady - Brady is relentless at his craft. Great QB and has the hardware to show.

4. Peyton Manning - If he won last night he would of been number 2 on my list. Yeah it was a team effort but losing they way they did last night...not good.

5. Johnny U - Come on now...this guy INVENTED being a pocket passers basically. Have to have him on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
Marino is the GOAT passer. The Dolphins failed to put a team around him. Damn shame. He carried bad teams to the playoffs every year.

What the hell? He had an all time coach, great offenses, great offensive lines, and terrific receivers his whole career. WTF are you talking about?

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-04-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
At worst, Manning is #3. He's the GOAT in my mind, but if people want to put him 2 or 3, then fine. Anything else is ignorance. How do you overcome the whole 5 MVP thing? That alone pretty much kicks any argument against him right in the teeth. To round out the rest of the top 5 it would be Montana, Marino, Brady in some sort of order, and then I'm not sure who the 5th would be. Probably Favre or Unitas.

But as stated, it's rather difficult to compare QBs from different eras. Otto Graham led his team to the championship game in all 10 years of his career winning 7 of them, but it wasn't in da Suuuuper Boooowl era, so for some reason it doesn't really 'count' to some. The Super Bowl is just an overhyped game that they did an incredible job of marketing, so much so that some foolishly treat it as if it's the only thing that matters when comparing QBs. You have a rather weak argument and all you can do is hide behind 'Super Bowl', and it's kind of sad. The NFL marketing team has you brainwashed.

Probably because the championship game is only equivalent to the NFC title game today.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #34
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
How is Elway better then Favre when Favre has better career stats, more accolades and Elway only has one more SB than him? Please educate me, because the Elway I saw play had a stacked team, and even back then I thought Favre was better.

The also played around the same era, so don't give me that different era crap

It's some kind of revisionist history bullshit. People are making Marino, Elway, and Montana all out to be much better than they were, and you can tell that 95% of them never even saw any of them play, or they are just completely blowing smoke up all of their asses.

It's mostly done though it seems to downgrade guys like Brady and Favre in the all time rankings, but strangely enough, never is it done to downgrade the golden messiah of Manning.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #35
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
MVP's are subjective awards given by people who have bias. 2009 Brees should of been MVP. They are not the best way to judge QB's.

Exactly. And besides that, it's just a debate for who is the best REGULAR SEASON quarterback ever. Marino? Manning? Favre? The game does not end at the regular season, it ends at the Superbowl.

That's where Manning falls short compared to other quarterbacks like Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Brady, Elway, his little brother, ........

People that can't grasp this incredibly simple concept out themselves as biased.

Now if we want to discuss who is the best REGULAR SEASON quarterback ever, then I am all for throwing Manning up there in the mix with Favre and Marino in that.

But he's not "the best quarterback ever", because that includes the play all the way through until the end, and he consistently plays like shit in the big games for the last 15 years.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-04-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
Jameerthefear
Thanks Jameer! (04-14)

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Montana
Manning
Elway
Marino
Brady
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #37
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleKong
1. Montana
2. Manning
3. Brady
4. Elway
5. Marino

I have Manning above Brady because Manning holds every QB record right now.

Actually, Favre still has most of the records.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #38
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
What the hell? He had an all time coach, great offenses, great offensive lines, and terrific receivers his whole career. WTF are you talking about?

He had no running game and no defense. What are you talking about?
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #39
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Josh is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Brady>>>>

Favre is also better than Elway,not on pure skills but overall

To say Brady > Montana is homerism at its finest and screams idiocy. Certainly no surprise here coming from you. Not only does Montana make SBs... he wins them... all of them. You could make the argument Brady and the Pats should have an *asterisk* beside their rings/titles. This isn't Brady's fault, but it's still a factor to be considered, and even if you throw the cheating scandals out the window Montana is still getting the nod (not by much though) over Brady as GOAT. With the cheating conspiracies and all still in play, it's a no-brainer that Montana > Brady. Your Brady > all is laughable at best. Just imagine how many additional SBs Montana could have made/won if Bill was the 49ers coach during Montana's era?

If I were Brady I'd be disgusted knowing my championships are somewhat tainted. If I were a NE fan I'd be as equally disgusted too, but here you are, like it's no big deal. You probably don't even acknowledge it ever happened - brushing it off like it's some myth made up fairy tale because if it were true (which it is) it would crush your soul and those memories from back when you six or seven years old and they got their first title in the early 2000's would haunt you. Your world and mental stability would all come crashing down if you let even the slightest bit of truth enter your frail protected wanna be not real championships obtained by cheating world.

LOL

Last edited by Josh : 02-05-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #40
zoom17
Banned

zoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputationzoom17 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
He had no running game and no defense. What are you talking about?

keys to winning a championship.
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #41
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Exactly. And besides that, it's just a debate for who is the best REGULAR SEASON quarterback ever. Marino? Manning? Favre? The game does not end at the regular season, it ends at the Superbowl.

That's where Manning falls short compared to other quarterbacks like Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Brady, Elway, his little brother, ........

People that can't grasp this incredibly simple concept out themselves as biased.

Now if we want to discuss who is the best REGULAR SEASON quarterback ever, then I am all for throwing Manning up there in the mix with Favre and Marino in that.

But he's not "the best quarterback ever", because that includes the play all the way through until the end, and he consistently plays like shit in the big games for the last 15 years.

Uh, Manning at 89.2 has a higher QB rating in the postseason than Brady at 87.5.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #42
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Elway is an interesting case study. People always slam Manning now for his superbowl performances, and playoff loses, but perhaps as he retires and time goes by it will be forgotten. Maybe not.

Here's Elways stats in his five superbowls:

225 yards per game
50 percent completion
3 Touchdowns (7 total touchdowns, 4 rushing)
8 INT's
59 QB Rating

In playoff loses his stats are:

203 yards
9 touchdowns (11 total touchdowns, 2 rushing)
11 picks
67 QB Rating

And nobody even mentions it when talking about Elway now.
that just flat out sucks in ANY era...I knew Elway's numbers were poor but had not seen his SB numbers isolated like that...that's awful

his post season numbers in general are poor for his era as well, a 67 rating in this era would make a case for worst QB in the NFL.

His career numbers are pretty baffling because I watched Elway's entire career and know he was an elite QB. Looking at those SB numbers makes me want to rewatch his SB games though, because I just don't see how it is possible for him to throw 8 INTs and only 3 TDs and have played "good". He does have a SB MVP to his name though.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #43
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
To say Brady > Montana is homerism at its finest and screams idiocy. Certainly no surprise here coming from you. Not only does Montana make SBs... he wins them... all of them.

LOL
Montana has gotten blown out in the playoffs multiple times

Bill Cowher(Former Steelers coach) on spygate:
Quote:
I think if they’re guilty of anything, they’re guilty of arrogance, because they were told not to do something. But it was something that everybody does. The only thing they got caught [was] doing it with a camera. We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everybody attempted to do that."
But what am i doing arguing with a dumbass like you anyways
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #44
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Russell Wilson
2. Joe Montana
3. Tom Brady
4. Peyton Manning
5. Dan Marino/Kurt Warner/Brett Favre/John Elway

serious list is 2-5

Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb : 02-05-2014 at 02:03 PM.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #45
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Every great QB has had postseason flameouts at some point, if you wanna go down that road, but in the Super Bowl, Montana is a perfect 4 for 4. Brady, Manning, and elway have lost multiple Super Bowls. This is what seperates Montana from these other guys.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: