Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #46
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: Your top 5 GOAT QBs as of today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
He had no running game and no defense. What are you talking about?

They had decent running games and defenses at various times. Stop changing history and making up excuses.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
that just flat out sucks in ANY era...I knew Elway's numbers were poor but had not seen his SB numbers isolated like that...that's awful

his post season numbers in general are poor for his era as well, a 67 rating in this era would make a case for worst QB in the NFL.

His career numbers are pretty baffling because I watched Elway's entire career and know he was an elite QB. Looking at those SB numbers makes me want to rewatch his SB games though, because I just don't see how it is possible for him to throw 8 INTs and only 3 TDs and have played "good". He does have a SB MVP to his name though.

All that matters.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #48
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
To say Brady > Montana is homerism at its finest and screams idiocy. Certainly no surprise here coming from you. Not only does Montana make SBs... he wins them... all of them. You could make the argument Brady and the Pats should have an *asterisk* beside their rings/titles. This isn't Brady's fault, but it's still a factor to be considered, and even if you throw the cheating scandals out the window Montana is still getting the nod (not by much though) over Brady as GOAT. With the cheating conspiracies and all still in play, it's a no-brainer that Montana > Brady. Your Brady > all is laughable at best. Just imagine how many additional SBs Montana could have made/won if Bill was the 49ers coach during Montana's era?

If I were Brady I'd be disgusted knowing my championships are somewhat tainted. If I were a NE fan I'd be as equally disgusted too, but here you are, like it's no big deal. You probably don't even acknowledge it ever happened - brushing it off like it's some myth made up fairy tale because if it were true (which it is) it would crush your soul and those memories from back when you six or seven years old and they got their first title in the early 2000's would haunt you. Your world and mental stability would all come crashing down if you let even the slightest bit of truth enter your frail protected wanna be not real championships obtained by cheating world.

LOL

Montana's team cheated during all 4 of his Superbowl championships, and the cheating was considered much worse than anything the Patriots did. To the point not to getting fined or losing draft picks, but to having owners banned from the league forever.

Montana also had one of the best coaches off all time you idiot. Not to mention having prime Rice for several years.

If anything is "homerism" and "idiocy", it's the total bullshit you just posted.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-05-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #49
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
his post season numbers in general are poor for his era as well, a 67 rating in this era would make a case for worst QB in the NFL.

His postseason QB rating is up near 80 and ahead of guys like Dawson, Marino, Simms, Staubach, Cunningham, Kelly, Fouts, Unitas, Griese, and Tarkenton. As for the SB, I think it was a problem of him trying to do to much without having a whole lot of offensive talent around him (until his last 2 SBs).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: