Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #16
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Teams with the brightest future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I am really interested to find out how the Rams treat the #2 overall pick

with Quinn and Long at DE, they are about the only team in the NFL that really doesn't need Clowney

although if they draft Clowney and made him a DT that would be just disgusting
They should either trade it or take this guy:

Greg Robinson - Left Tackle from Auburn

Although the last time they took an OT 2nd Overall it didn't work out so well, so we'll see. They probably will trade the pick.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #17
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

I almost impossible to predict the future in the NFL. the nfl has the salary cap, which basically ensures parity. No team can get too good for too long, or too sucky for too long.

Everyone thinks the seahawks are going to be the best, but what happens once Russell wilson starts demanding a new contract? How about richard sherman? Cam chancellor?

Paul allen is a rich dude, but there is no luxury tax in the NFL.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #18
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Probably the team with the best player in the world

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #19
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I almost impossible to predict the future in the NFL. the nfl has the salary cap, which basically ensures parity. No team can get too good for too long, or too sucky for too long.

Everyone thinks the seahawks are going to be the best, but what happens once Russell wilson starts demanding a new contract? How about richard sherman? Cam chancellor?

Dude. Chancellor signed a 5 year extension in April. He's locked in.

Sherman and Thomas have one year left. We gotta extend them. Cut rice and Zach miller we'll figure it out.

Wilson has 2 years left. Wilson is the type of player to take a little bit less to keep us in tact. Watch.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Kam has already been signed. Thomas should get a deal done soon. Same with Bennett. Sherman has another year left and then he'll either take a discount or be tagged and traded.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #21
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
So basically, you just listed the teams with the top defenses in the league, but left out the Saints and randomly replaced them with the Bucs? Why the Bucs? They had a mediocre defense and shitty offense this season. You think a healthy Martin can propel them from a 4-win team to an elite level team?

I listed teams who did very well this past season and/or have a lot of young talent. New Orleans? I'd love to see how they do without Brees. The dude is in his mid-30's no? Read the thread again, it says "future".

Hence I didn't put teams like Denver on my list or New England.

Bucs have Revis, Barron, Goldson, L. David, Bowers, Clayborn, Martin, McCoy.

With Vincent Jackson on the team and a good QB, I think this team has a bright future. They didn't respond well to their head coach this past season and don't have a good QB. But they have a lot of youth and talent (especially on defense). With a good QB in the draft and a solid head coach, you don't think this team has a bright future?

I mean Barron, Revis, Goldson, David, Bowers, Clayborn & McCoy?? That's a rediculously good talent on defense. With Martin, Jackson & a good QB...they can be a pretty damn well rounded team with a good head coach.

Saints without Brees aren't that great...mediocre running game with a good defense. I just think they're highly dependent on Brees. Once he retires, you don't think they will collapse a little? I mean this past season, they relied heavily on Brees. They were 25th in rushing yards per game this season...
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #22
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Kam has already been signed. Thomas should get a deal done soon. Same with Bennett. Sherman has another year left and then he'll either take a discount or be tagged and traded.
lol Sherman isn't taking a discount. He will want to be the highest paid Corner in the NFL, and might even want to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
lol Sherman isn't taking a discount. He will want to be the highest paid Corner in the NFL, and might even want to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
Yep. I think he will want to as well.

Then Wilson up after that. Smh.

We'll figure it out.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #24
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Yep. I think he will want to as well.

Then Wilson up after that. Smh.

We'll figure it out.

Somebody's gotta go... gotta love what the salary cap and the spontaneous moves that follow.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #25
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
I listed teams who did very well this past season and/or have a lot of young talent. New Orleans? I'd love to see how they do without Brees. The dude is in his mid-30's no? Read the thread again, it says "future".

I only brought up the Saints because you basically just named the top defensive teams in the league aside from them. Also, you listed Arizona. Palmer is nearly as old as Brees, but not close to as good. Also, their run game was as poor as the Saints.

Quote:
Bucs have Revis, Barron, Goldson, L. David, Bowers, Clayborn, Martin, McCoy.

A lot of teams have young talent. The Redskins have plenty of young talent. You need for it all to come together, but sometimes it's hard to say if it will. It came together for the Redskins, but then it all fell apart the next season. Maybe Lovie Smith can bring it together for the Bucs, but I'd look at a number of teams before them like the Packers, Chiefs, Lions and Eagles to name a few. Hell, the Browns have plenty of young talent, but who knows if they'll find the right coach and QB?

Quote:
I mean Barron, Revis, Goldson, David, Bowers, Clayborn & McCoy?? That's a rediculously good talent on defense. With Martin, Jackson & a good QB...they can be a pretty damn well rounded team with a good head coach.

Why not say the Packers? They have some young talent on defense, but they also have a top offense with a proven, elite QB who's not too old.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #26
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nobody mentions Oakland with some nice young guys with #5 draft pick plus a few more picks in this loaded draft plus $60+mil in cap space.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #27
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did you seriously just mention Oakland as a team with one of the brightest futures in the league? wtf brother.

Rattle me off why they are anything but last in the AFC West. Having a bunch of cap room doesn't = having a bright future.

I'm very perplexed by this. Are you a homer?
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #28
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Did you seriously just mention Oakland as a team with one of the brightest futures in the league? wtf brother.

Rattle me off why they are anything but last in the AFC West. Having a bunch of cap room doesn't = having a bright future.

I'm very perplexed by this. Are you a homer?

Yeah F.ucker. We could have Easily have won 8 games this year. We were competitive, we just didn't have the talent to get it done. Plus the talent we did have, was hurt all year!
We need to improve our defense and offensive line tho.

Next year, if we sign our guys like Lamar Houston, JVeldheer, and then we go and draft Clowney with the 5th, in the 2nd round take a QB, pick up some quality players in FA, and boom. You have a different team.
One that will be winning 8-10 games.

That's a big turn around, and the season after that, I see us having more Cap to get some more players and a good draft. We'll be looking like Seahawks or chiefs

And remember this, so in a year or 2, when Raiders are relevant again, I don't want any of these F@ggot@ss niner or Seahawk or whatever team they're jumping on, to jump to my team.

Silver&Black!
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #29
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not saying y'all are the worst team around or have a terrible future but you certainly don't possess any foundation that would inspire confidence to claim the Raiders are a team with one of the brightest futures.

Any team/fan could devise a hypothetical offseason to where their team can plug all their holes and get who they need and then be optimistic about the season but don't mean it's gunna happen. Also, doesn't mean shit when you start playing the other teams who have better skill players and more of a foundation. Like you mentioned, you still have to re-sign some of your only good players. They could very well decide to leave OAK and leave a little money on the table with all that cap room and go to a better situation.

The Raiders simply don't apply to a discussion like this yet. I don't mind the Raiders, I would cheer for them if they became a dark horse surprise but there isn't anything to suggest they are ready to be anything but under .500.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Yeah F.ucker. We could have Easily have won 8 games this year. We were competitive, we just didn't have the talent to get it done. Plus the talent we did have, was hurt all year!
We need to improve our defense and offensive line tho.

Next year, if we sign our guys like Lamar Houston, JVeldheer, and then we go and draft Clowney with the 5th, in the 2nd round take a QB, pick up some quality players in FA, and boom. You have a different team.
One that will be winning 8-10 games.

That's a big turn around, and the season after that, I see us having more Cap to get some more players and a good draft. We'll be looking like Seahawks or chiefs

And remember this, so in a year or 2, when Raiders are relevant again, I don't want any of these F@ggot@ss niner or Seahawk or whatever team they're jumping on, to jump to my team.

Silver&Black!

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: