Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #31
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Teams with the brightest future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
I'm not saying y'all are the worst team around or have a terrible future but you certainly don't possess any foundation that would inspire confidence to claim the Raiders are a team with one of the brightest futures.

Any team/fan could devise a hypothetical offseason to where their team can plug all their holes and get who they need and then be optimistic about the season but don't mean it's gunna happen. Also, doesn't mean shit when you start playing the other teams who have better skill players and more of a foundation. Like you mentioned, you still have to re-sign some of your only good players. They could very well decide to leave OAK and leave a little money on the table with all that cap room and go to a better situation.

The Raiders simply don't apply to a discussion like this yet. I don't mind the Raiders, I would cheer for them if they became a dark horse surprise but there isn't anything to suggest they are ready to be anything but under .500.

I know man. But it's been over 10 years now.
Shit, we have to start winning sooner or later. Lol.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #32
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I only brought up the Saints because you basically just named the top defensive teams in the league aside from them. Also, you listed Arizona. Palmer is nearly as old as Brees, but not close to as good. Also, their run game was as poor as the Saints.

A lot of teams have young talent. The Redskins have plenty of young talent. You need for it all to come together, but sometimes it's hard to say if it will. It came together for the Redskins, but then it all fell apart the next season. Maybe Lovie Smith can bring it together for the Bucs, but I'd look at a number of teams before them like the Packers, Chiefs, Lions and Eagles to name a few. Hell, the Browns have plenty of young talent, but who knows if they'll find the right coach and QB?

Why not say the Packers? They have some young talent on defense, but they also have a top offense with a proven, elite QB who's not too old.

Well I put more emphasis on strong defense, and the last 15 years really should demonstrate to you that great defenses prevail. Chicago, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks...

Arizona weren't great this past season because of Palmer. Why even bring him up? You switch Brees with Palmer, and Arizona probably wins 13/14 games this year. But both Brees and Palmer are old, and NO relies a lot more on Brees then Arizona does on Palmer which just solidifies my point, no?

Sorry, Redskins don't have as much talent on defense. David is arguably a top 5 linebacker this past season. Revis is one of the best shut down corners in the league; the Barron/Goldson duo is one of the best in the league at safety. Than you have a very talented defensive line. That defense is far better than Washington's.

Eagles, Lions, Packers, Chiefs, Brown are all good choices bro, which is why I created this thread. Look I don't know every roster in the league and I named a couple off top of my head that I thought are worth discussing. I think you're overlooking Tampa's defense though. They have a special kind of talent on defense and perhaps Lovie can bring it all together for them.

I really like Brown's young talent though; I mean Haden, Ward, Cameron, and Gordon are as good as they come at their respective positions. I think both Ward and Haden are top 5 in their position; Gordon was the best wide out this past season statistically and Cameron could easily be the best TE in the league in the near future. They got some great pieces down there...
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:36 PM   #33
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Well I put more emphasis on strong defense, and the last 15 years really should demonstrate to you that great defenses prevail. Chicago, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks...

Top offenses can prevail, too. It's not easy to keep a great defense together for years. Defenses can fluctuate wildly from year-to-year. Here's the Saints rankings over the past 5 years: 4, 32, 24, 4, 25, and the Redskins: 18, 28, 13, 31, 10. Some teams have been able to sustain great defenses over years, but I think most don't.

Quote:
Arizona weren't great this past season because of Palmer. Why even bring him up? You switch Brees with Palmer, and Arizona probably wins 13/14 games this year. But both Brees and Palmer are old, and NO relies a lot more on Brees then Arizona does on Palmer which just solidifies my point, no?

You brought up the running game, but Arizona's run game sucked just as much as New Orlean's. Also, the Saints still do have Sproles, Graham, Colston and other decent receivers. Who knows if their defense will fall apart or not, but even if it does, then they still have an offense they can rely on. What happens if the Cards defense falls apart?

Quote:
Sorry, Redskins don't have as much talent on defense. David is arguably a top 5 linebacker this past season. Revis is one of the best shut down corners in the league; the Barron/Goldson duo is one of the best in the league at safety. Than you have a very talented defensive line. That defense is far better than Washington's.

The Bucs defense was better, but they don't have recent history of being a great defense. They were middle of the road this year, and one of the worst in the previous 2 years, so it's not convincing at all. And to top that off, they had one of the worst offenses in the league. Oh, but you have hope for the Bucs because they have some young talent. Hope. You bring up Barron/Goldson, but they weren't very good last year. Oh, there's hope they can become a top safety duo. Well shit, I have hope that some of the promising rookies in the Redskins secondary can turn into great players. Hope. The Bucs may have an elite level type player on the DL, LB, and in the secondary, but what else? I am aware of the Redskins defense, but hey, I have hope. Maybe the secondary that scares me can come around. What about offense? The Redskins is far, far better.

Quote:
I think you're overlooking Tampa's defense though. They have a special kind of talent on defense and perhaps Lovie can bring it all together for them.

I'm just not as high on the whole potential thing as some people. I've seen a lot of players and teams with a lot of potential that didn't work out. Some players/teams peak early and then regress. Tampa just doesn't stand out as a team with a bright future (not saying they couldn't but just that they don't stand out). I generally look at teams with a proven QB and/or defense and Tampa has neither.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: