Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
coolhandsteve
I hit open 5-footers

coolhandsteve has an OK reputation so far
Default Best Fit for Johnny Manziel?

So many mock drafts and stuff got him going somewhere in the top 10, most of them top 5. But which team would be the best fit for Johnny Football's skill set?
coolhandsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Best Fit for Johnny Manziel?

Edmonton Eskimos.
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lmfao Bless.

I say Cleveland I guess. Esp if they can get a workhorse back.

Kyle Shanahan has experience and has had previous success with mobile passers. The offense can lean onto their good defense a little bit, ease his transition into the League, not ask him to do too much too early.

Now, whether he will be a great hit in the NFL is something else entirely. I see his ceiling being a mediocre starter who gets banged up a lot. I don't see the guy at the top of any notable QB categories or winning individual awards at the NFL level like, ever.
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I wouldn't call the Cleveland defense good. They were 20th in points per possession allowed.

I would say Houston. The have very good weapons, offensive line and a defense that was just a year removed from being elite. With the return of Cushing and development of the younger guys they could probably return to near that level.

That's a lot to surround Manziel with.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

True. Scheme and coaching is still a huge question mark for CLE defense but they have really good talent there.

I don't think Manziel is a good fit for Bill O'Brien considering his resume and past success with the type of QBs he's worked with. Unless he wants to take a mobile, instinctive QB and turn him into a more disciplined pocket guy I see the Texans looking elsewhere for their new QB
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I wouldn't call the Cleveland defense good. They were 20th in points per possession allowed.

I would say Houston. The have very good weapons, offensive line and a defense that was just a year removed from being elite. With the return of Cushing and development of the younger guys they could probably return to near that level.

That's a lot to surround Manziel with.
They were really good in the first part of the season until our offense became too anemic, which resulted in them being on the field a ridiculous amount of time and inevitably led to a series of crucial injuries.

There's a good amount of talent on that defensive side and when all things were even at the start of the season, they were borderline elite.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Dude is gonna get crushed out there.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #8
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

come to tampa

doubt he falls this low but a healthy TB defense is second only to carolina in the nfc south and can be a top 10 D at worst. david is already one of the most underrated defenders in the league and one of the best LB's. then add in goldson and foster. with lovie smith, it should be better than that, which means johnny doesn't necessarily have to go out and put the team on his back.

i fully expect manziel to go to cleveland though. weeden is not going anywhere. that's if jax doesn't pick him. if he's there for TB at #7? uhh, wouldn't mind that pick at all. i just see johnny off the board at that point and TB going after OT robinson out of auburn, which i wouldn't be stoked with but satisfied. robinson's big and gifted but my boy, edwards jr, sure did hold his own against him in the NCG.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 02-09-2014 at 02:22 AM.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: