Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #16
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Favorite Rapper?

chopper city boyz and lil wayne. some tight beats. o yeh, the game doin his thing too.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
JMEWLS

Swizz Beatz and Lil Wayne.

Just always come up sweet beat and rhymes. Great rappers.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

The peak of my childhood was in the early 90s, so I have to go with MC Hammer with Ice Cube and Tupac right behind him.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Black Thought of The Roots. Unmatched lyrical ability IMO.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #20
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

My favorite Rapper is definetly T.I. he has some great flows and has some sick beats. I just overall love the way he raps. He has been my favorite for a long time and he is the self proclaimed King Of The South.

Last edited by Cool : 03-05-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #21
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RZA. the guy is a genius.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #22
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

All time
Nas, Biggie, JayZ, Big Daddy Kane, Ice Cube, Scarface

Now
kanye, Jadakiss, Cassidy, Fabolous, Game, Andre 3000
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #23
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

all-time: Biggie, nas, and jay-z.

right now: lupe fiasco, ludacris, 50 cent, and kanye west.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #24
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
Mos Def because he can do the battle rhymes or do a conscious flow while teaching some history/sending a message.
also with talib, common and black thought.

street: nas, after that saigon is sort of "nas-esque"

my favorite is andre 3000
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 AM   #25
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

im surprised more people havnt mentioned Lupe Fiasco, his album is flawless, every song is as fresh and original as the next.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #26
DueceDime210
Can barely lace up my sneakers

DueceDime210 has an OK reputation so far

z-ro and lil wayne, no explanation really needed haha
DueceDime210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #27
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Mobb Deep in their prime, right now The Game when hes not acting bipolar.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #28
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

I posted these on another message board, and I'll put them here too...

Best rappers I've ever heard...

2Pac (pre-Death Row; I still believe to this day that if it wasn't for Suge Knight, he'd still probably be alive)
DMX (when he isn't acting like Ron Artest)
Snoop Dogg (I liked his eariler stuff better; he kinda lost me when he joined up with that God-awful Master P)
Biggie (I agree with another poster, Jay-Z and a lot of New York-area rappers of today owe their careers to him)
Eazy-E (lyrically, he had other people write his rhymes, but his energy and delivery was up there among the best; plus, he was the one who brought hardcore rap to the West Coast)
Outkast (their earlier stuff was a lot better than their current ****, I go back to their first album in '93--Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik--a classic)
Wu Tang (what like about them is they're most different than most other rappers, not the same bull**** you hear from the rest of these copycats)
DJ Quik (very good rapper, but he's probably a much better producer and musician--he's one of the few in rap that can play his own instruments)
Ice Cube (just always been steady and consistent)

Now, for worst rappers I've heard...

Pretty much every Southern rapper, except for Outkast, Scarface, Ludacris (who I can barely tolerlate), and maybe Juvenile
Everybody from G-Unit, outside of maybe 50 Cent (when 50 is you're best rapper--and he's OK at best--you got problems)
Daz Dillenger (just because he's Snoop's real-life cousin doesn't mean he can flow, and Kurupt carried him for years)
Ja-Rule (OK rapper, just ****ty songs)

Most overrated...

Jay-Z (I've always heard from many how's he the greatest of all time, but from the many songs I've heard over the years, he's not all that special, but to each his own)
Dr. Dre (OK rapper, again just like Eazy, other people wrote his rhymes, but that's not my issue...it's his production. From what I've read and heard, he actually doesn't really do half of the production on the songs he produces, but gets all the credit, and plus he takes forever to finish songs)
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #29
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
I posted these on another message board, and I'll put them here too...

Best rappers I've ever heard...

2Pac (pre-Death Row; I still believe to this day that if it wasn't for Suge Knight, he'd still probably be alive)
DMX (when he isn't acting like Ron Artest)
Snoop Dogg (I liked his eariler stuff better; he kinda lost me when he joined up with that God-awful Master P)
Biggie (I agree with another poster, Jay-Z and a lot of New York-area rappers of today owe their careers to him)
Eazy-E (lyrically, he had other people write his rhymes, but his energy and delivery was up there among the best; plus, he was the one who brought hardcore rap to the West Coast)
Outkast (their earlier stuff was a lot better than their current ****, I go back to their first album in '93--Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik--a classic)
Wu Tang (what like about them is they're most different than most other rappers, not the same bull**** you hear from the rest of these copycats)
DJ Quik (very good rapper, but he's probably a much better producer and musician--he's one of the few in rap that can play his own instruments)
Ice Cube (just always been steady and consistent)

Now, for worst rappers I've heard...

Pretty much every Southern rapper, except for Outkast, Scarface, Ludacris (who I can barely tolerlate), and maybe Juvenile
Everybody from G-Unit, outside of maybe 50 Cent (when 50 is you're best rapper--and he's OK at best--you got problems)
Daz Dillenger (just because he's Snoop's real-life cousin doesn't mean he can flow, and Kurupt carried him for years)
Ja-Rule (OK rapper, just ****ty songs)

Most overrated...

Jay-Z (I've always heard from many how's he the greatest of all time, but from the many songs I've heard over the years, he's not all that special, but to each his own)
Dr. Dre (OK rapper, again just like Eazy, other people wrote his rhymes, but that's not my issue...it's his production. From what I've read and heard, he actually doesn't really do half of the production on the songs he produces, but gets all the credit, and plus he takes forever to finish songs)

DR.DRE OVERRATED!?!?

F' outta here, Dre is an actual PRODUCER, not a BEAT MAKER like 99% of the other so called " PRODUCERS" in the game, what he does goes far beyond banging some pads on an MPC. He coaches the artist, mixes and engineers it, ok so he didnt play the keys on Still Dre, guess what, Quincy Jones didnt play the instruments and lots of his songs, but he PRODUCED IT, blended all the musical aspects into a cohesive blend that sounds damn good to the ear. There is a reason why a Dr.Dre sanctioned album/song tends to go on big, because it sounds good.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #30
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
DR.DRE OVERRATED!?!?

F' outta here, Dre is an actual PRODUCER, not a BEAT MAKER like 99% of the other so called " PRODUCERS" in the game, what he does goes far beyond banging some pads on an MPC. He coaches the artist, mixes and engineers it, ok so he didnt play the keys on Still Dre, guess what, Quincy Jones didnt play the instruments and lots of his songs, but he PRODUCED IT, blended all the musical aspects into a cohesive blend that sounds damn good to the ear. There is a reason why a Dr.Dre sanctioned album/song tends to go on big, because it sounds good.
nailed
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: