Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
mattyp4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mattyp4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why no trade with Portland?

With all the craptastic trades Portland made how could we not get something out of them for #1?

I would have taken #4, 31 and Jack for #1

Perhaps #4 and #7 for 1# (Gay or Roy or Foye at 7)

I am a little disappointed that we could not work something out with a Team that seemingly had no idea what it wanted to do tonight, especially if it meant getting 2 picks in the top 10 and saving money on Bargs.
mattyp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #2
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Portland had no need to make the trade thats why. A little while before the draft it was known that they wanted 4 and 7.. and they wanted Aldridge and Roy. They had no need to move up to #1.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

thats true..but i think the dude meant more as in the early stages of the draft im sure they were interested in our number one and we probably could've pulled something but colangelo is a smart guy we probably werent getting what we wanted so he jus said screw it...

He (colangelo) shouldnt of taken the bulls serious though..there was speculation that the bulls were trying to throw a curve ball saying that they would draft Bergnani if he was available and i think that is why colangelo played it safe to take andrea at 1...I think they had a verbal commitment with TYRUS and and he was theure guy from a long time since maybe they worked him out.

Last edited by 23jordan23 : 06-29-2006 at 01:19 AM.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
mattyp4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mattyp4 has an OK reputation so far

yes portland had no need to but early on it was reported that they were interested in #1. I'm just saying if they were willing to give a package to the bulls for #2 why not some sort of package to us for #1?
mattyp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:49 AM   #5
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

ya like chris duhon ..would b kool
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp4

I would have taken #4, 31 and Jack for #1

Perhaps #4 and #7 for 1# (Gay or Roy or Foye at 7)

first...htey probs won't trade jack seein as they just traded telfair...plus theres no need for them to trade the number 4..cuz they know full well we want bargnani...
the second idea is just LUDA
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

the blazers traded #4 AND NOTHING for #2

what makes you think they would have given anything of value to move up anohter spot?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Zalendar has an OK reputation so far

It is really amusing.

You talk about these potential trades as if they were on the table.

It is funny when people say oh he should have taken this trade, or I would have done that trade. So you are happy about a trade rumour that was most likely made up by some random fan on the internet.

Like the 4 and 7 for 1 thing... soon as they aquired the number 7 pick Raps fans were like, oh man it would be great if we could get the 4 and 7 for the first pick.

There was nothing legitimate about it. Just some fans daydreaming about it. Yet you're like oh man I would have so done this trade. I can't understand why BC didn't do this trade, he should have done something!

It is just so funny to watch people get bent out of shape when they have no clue about what is going on.

The majority of trades that go down, nobody saw coming.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im pretty sure they gave up Khryapa, hes more than nothing. He is solid
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #10
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

but i think Portland was afraid that the Bulls were gonna take Aldridge..tahts y they threw in Khrypa...but everyone knew we were taking Bargani..so whats the point of throwin players in
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Im pretty sure they gave up Khryapa, hes more than nothing. He is solid

ok yer i forgot about him but where does he fit in with the bulls, they've got deng and nocioni
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #12
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

MattyP4

Perhaps you should be the Raptors assistant GM and get an idea of the real actual offers shuffled around.

If this was an offer perhaps Portland did not want to give away 2 picks (one a couple of spots down in the draft) and Jarrett Jack. That seems expensive for the #1 pick in this year's draft.

Trading down is not necessarily safe either. What if they did and the guy they really wanted Bargnani was taken before they had their chance. Then they would have to do another trade to try to get that pick. Trading does not guarantee anything.

Last edited by huppcap : 06-29-2006 at 03:58 PM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: