Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #16
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best War Films of All-Time

10. Kagemusha
9. Saving Private Ryan
8. Apocalypse Now
7. The Deer Hunter
6. Das Boot
5. Glory
4. Paths of Glory
3. Schindler's List
2. The General
1. Platoon
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #17
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Lots of platoon votes....I think im gonna hafta go watch that.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I even said (Wars not suppose to be a funny topic but add Robin Williams and anything is funny) so if you think Iím making light of war you need to relax I was raised by a retired marine (my Dad) and have a brother who just got back from Iraq & Afghan.
That wasn't it at all, actually. I was more mentioning that that film simply isn't near the class of the ones mentioned so far.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lots of platoon votes....I think im gonna hafta go watch that.
A wise choice. You won't be disappointed.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #20
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Saving Private Ryan by a country mile...Platoon is a great movie but highly overrated...Full Metal Jacket is pretty interesting, mainly the boot camp scenes...Enemy At The Gates was probably the most thrilling war movie I've seen.

But Private Ryan is at the top of my list, amazing acting, great scenes...Apocalypse Now is a boring movie, I fell asleep watching it...it has a great story to it, but it loses the audience mid way through...very slow movie.

Schnidler's List or Saving Private Ryan to me are the two best war movies ever made.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Saving Private Ryan by a country mile...Platoon is a great movie but highly overrated...Full Metal Jacket is pretty interesting, mainly the boot camp scenes...Enemy At The Gates was probably the most thrilling war movie I've seen.

But Private Ryan is at the top of my list, amazing acting, great scenes...Apocalypse Now is a boring movie, I fell asleep watching it...it has a great story to it, but it loses the audience mid way through...very slow movie.

Schnidler's List or Saving Private Ryan to me are the two best war movies ever made.

oh i forgot about schindlers list...that one was good too
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #22
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
But Private Ryan is at the top of my list, amazing acting, great scenes...
You realize both Tom Berenger and Willem Dafoe were nominated for Best Supporting Actor, right?

You're one of those people that I alluded to earlier, aren't you?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #23
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Platoon is a great movie, it's a great movie because of the acting and the storyline...to me Saving Private Ryan is on another level, but why should I even argue with you?

You have the freaking movie on your avator.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #24
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

No, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just have trouble understanding you saying SPR is better by a "country mile," especially when you really didn't explain it in your initial post.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #25
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Platoon is great mostly because of the method acting training involved in shooting. The special features on the DVD are GREAT. They had these guys camping out in the middle of Buttf*ck, Phillipines and while they slept the crew would **** with them by busting out in gunfire and bombings in the middle of the night

Also loved the interview with Willem Dafoe where he talks about waking up in his hotel room in the Phillipines one morning....looking out the window and watching the revolution break out in the streets
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Yeah, the special edition DVD really shows the sht they had to go through.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #27
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

lord of war
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #28
Dr. Pimpski
I brick open layups

Dr. Pimpski has an OK reputation so far

Schindler's List isn't a war movie; there's no battelfield. Hunt for Red October fits the bill a lot more than that one does. Heck, Lord of the Rings is a better fit than that.
Dr. Pimpski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #29
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

patton, guns of navarone, memphis belle, platoon, and we were soldiers are good war movies.
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #30
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pimpski
Schindler's List isn't a war movie; there's no battelfield. Hunt for Red October fits the bill a lot more than that one does. Heck, Lord of the Rings is a better fit than that.

True, but it is about what went on during war namely the holocaust, and that was a big issue in WWII. Just because there is no fighting does not mean it isn't a war movie.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: