Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
9erempiree
Banned

Default Re: have you ever fell in love with.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Reads like cliche advice from a badly acted friend character in a shitty romcom.

Says the guy that uses the term "romcom"
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
b1imtf
raep tiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
yes

then i realized how much of a beta i was, catching feelings for a 6 smh
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #18
CavaliersFTW
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #19
Derka
Wicked F*ckin Retahded

No.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #20
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Against my better judgment, I'll relay something I'm dealing with right now.

I've mentioned before that I'm coaching my buddy's kids in basketball. He also coaches soccer. And though this is our second year at hoops. But his soccer kids love him, and several requested us as coaches.

As I've come to find, this was as much due to the parents as it was the kids. Two in particular have gotten extremely close with his wife. These three hang out all the time. The two couples, and the third single. It's a horrible story that I haven't fully gotten to the bottom of in part because I don't want to know, but her husband died about 5 years ago.

She's an incredibly sweet girl. Smart. Clever. They were drinking one night and started texting me to bust my chops. Not uncommon, but first with this group. Since she's initiated a number of playfull texts. She's a smart girl. Her and I have a common "cleverness", I'll say, that causes me to engage more than I'd like. Thing is, she's just not that attractive. She's a bigger girl. And while I feel bad about it, nothing is going to happen.
But I just can't avoid her. The coaching, my buddy's wife. I'm always invited to everything. Now she's coming to other stuff through the kid. My buddy's wife has put out feelers, and it's very hard to say that I'm just not attracted to her. And at the same time if she engages with me I can't seem to keep myself from responding. I say I'm just not being an asshole, but I also worry I'm giving her the wrong idea. I've hoped my delicately letting my buddy's wife know will make things clear. But I think she has a fantasy of all of us going out for dinners, something she wouldn't do with most of the company I keep.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Quote:

Says the guy who's full of shit.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #22
I<3NBA
NBA rookie of the year

yes. she was pretty though. i just did not lust after her.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 PM   #23
AKA AAP 23
Banned

Quote:
I consider the next serious girlfriend I have to be the luckiest person in the world because I have learned from the past of my wrong doings, therefore, the next one will get a better version of me.

You don't know much about life other than propping Kobe blindly. You think a girl looking at you while you are giving a speech in your community college class is thread worthy.

Maybe you need to get deported back to your parent's country so you have less exposure to Kobe, and maybe you can start progressing in life.
AKA AAP 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #24
Bandito
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP 23
You don't know much about life other than propping Kobe blindly. You think a girl looking at you while you are giving a speech in your community college class is thread worthy.

Maybe you need to get deported back to your parent's country so you have less exposure to Kobe, and maybe you can start progressing in life.
Respect him as he is a full fledged Chef with credentials
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #25
Bandito
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Against my better judgment, I'll relay something I'm dealing with right now.

I've mentioned before that I'm coaching my buddy's kids in basketball. He also coaches soccer. And though this is our second year at hoops. But his soccer kids love him, and several requested us as coaches.

As I've come to find, this was as much due to the parents as it was the kids. Two in particular have gotten extremely close with his wife. These three hang out all the time. The two couples, and the third single. It's a horrible story that I haven't fully gotten to the bottom of in part because I don't want to know, but her husband died about 5 years ago.

She's an incredibly sweet girl. Smart. Clever. They were drinking one night and started texting me to bust my chops. Not uncommon, but first with this group. Since she's initiated a number of playfull texts. She's a smart girl. Her and I have a common "cleverness", I'll say, that causes me to engage more than I'd like. Thing is, she's just not that attractive. She's a bigger girl. And while I feel bad about it, nothing is going to happen.
But I just can't avoid her. The coaching, my buddy's wife. I'm always invited to everything. Now she's coming to other stuff through the kid. My buddy's wife has put out feelers, and it's very hard to say that I'm just not attracted to her. And at the same time if she engages with me I can't seem to keep myself from responding. I say I'm just not being an asshole, but I also worry I'm giving her the wrong idea. I've hoped my delicately letting my buddy's wife know will make things clear. But I think she has a fantasy of all of us going out for dinners, something she wouldn't do with most of the company I keep.
Happened to me once and I ended it the worst way possible by f*cking her

She wasn't chubby but she was full of tats and I am not attracted to girls with tats.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
sundizz
National High School Star

Definitely a combination of inner and outer. There are girls that aren't great..like girls I wouldn't hit on at the club...that i become attracted to because I spend time with them. I do sometimes fantasize about fat girls that I have a great connection with (well fantasize about them losing weight and then me dating them haha).

Unfortunately, for me I've pulled a 9 (looks to me) with about a 4.5 in pure non physical chemistry. We completely love each other but definitely I know she's not my true "soul mate" when it comes to the type of personality I look for in a girl.

Don't get me wrong...this girl has a great personality, loving, strong, caring, loyal etc. It's just that I let the "one" get away so I always know how high the bar is when it comes to that personal connection.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #27
kobebeangoat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
So y'all can love a person that's a 10/10 with a shitty personality?
yes
kobebeangoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #28
red1
raptors

Quote:
People don't just fall in love with a person because of their personality.

They fall in love due to lust and physical attraction. Having sex with someone is as close a person can get with another. That is how love happens.

I fell in love once in my life and I don't think I can fall in love again. In my opinion it happens once. Even thoug I believe it to happen once but if there is a second time, it will be different but will be better.

I consider the next serious girlfriend I have to be the luckiest person in the world because I have learned from the past of my wrong doings, therefore, the next one will get a better version of me.
you make me sick
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #29
ItsMillerTime
Born Ready

You're not "in love" with a person that looks 10/10, but you also get annoyed being around. Need a perfect balance of good looks and personality. Everyone has a different style, date around for a while until you find someone that you click with on both levels.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #30
Random_Guy
I rep the Celtics

Yes and no. Put it this way, Id much rather have a 8/10 with a great personality than a 10/10 asshole who thinks she deserves everything. And I like conversation, I used to date a 10 once but the dates were HORRIBLE except in the bedroom. We couldn;t keep up conversation and the only time she seems remotely interested is when she was talking about new clothes and shit. Theyre nice to keep around but not good marriage material. Put it this way, unless you are thinking of divorce every 15 years, there is no point in dating a hot chick. Looks go away, intelligence dont
Random_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: