Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #136
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Whoa.. y is this turning into a manziel thread? You can do all the comparisons you want. Bottom line is this.. in order for a most (80-85% would be a accurate measure) drafted athletes to succeed. You will first have to define what success is.. second, once you do that.. then a combination of.. players ability, athleticism, intellect, along with a teams system, coaching, and support system must all work cohesively.. then the road to success can then be ridden. So in other words in ish's dialect.. I'm going to say it really depends where manziel goes.. If he's first overall and goes to the texans, I think he will do all right there, because a lot of things will be in place for him and some great vets that can protect/guide/mentor him. Although I honestly believe Jadeveon is the smart pick for them. Now if manziel goes to cleveland then I believe he is set up for absolute failure there. He has to come in and immediately be the man, which is truly unfair for any 20 yr old. Ok enough with this manziel stuff, I'm done.

Back to the draft.. I think mike evans is a vincent jackson clone and might wind up having a better career than him. mike evans is very impressive. I'm a chicago bears fan and they are picking 16. The player I would love to see them get is aaron donald from pitt. I think this guy has a couple of pro bowls in the future. Exactly what the bears need. Yes, he is under sized for a DT at 6 feet and about 285. but his strength to weight/size ratio is impressive and he also clocked a 4.7 40yd dash and 35 reps bench press, and his 10yd split was also impressive. I would love for the bears to grab him but he might've catapulted his stock and some mocks have him going 8-14 range. When just last month he was a fringe 1st rounder-mid second rounder. My second pick for the bears would be timmy jernigan. He's good and he showed up for his bowl game but I just like aaron donald so much better. Another guy I'm keeping an eye on is anthony johnson from LSU. Johnson used to be the #1 def lineman coming out of highschool and he's tapered off since then. I haven't watched too many LSU games this year but I know they have a knack for producing some impressive DT. I'm assuming he was constantly double teamed the entire year but his underwhelming numbers this year makes no excuse. Maybe he's someone that gets motivated by money
I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him in the mid second.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #137
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Deepest draft overall in a while.

I can't remember the last time a draft had this much talent and so much debate where they're going. Seems like no team is a lock to pick anyone.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #138
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Here's what I got for the Colts, ranked in order of who I want most.

Quote:
2014 Draft:

WR:

2nd Round: Devante, Moncreif, Matthews

3rd Round: Coleman, Jarvis, Robinson, Bryant

5th Round: Huff, Norwood, TJ Jones, Street, Davis, Paul Richardson

Late Round: Ryan Grant, Washington, Abbresdis

Surprise pick: Cooks

3/4 DEF END:

2nd Round: Tuitt, Hageman

3rd round: Quarles

5th Round: Brent Urban, Ego Ferguson, Stinson, Daquan Jones, Coleman, Kareem Martin,

late round: Mauro, Pagan, Shamar Stephen

3/4 OLB:

2nd round: Marcus Smith, Attochu

3rd round: Van Noy, Chris Smith, Trent Murphy, Lawrencem Powell

5th Round: Lynch, Gayle, Shembo, Reilley, Will Clarke

late round: Hubbard, kirksy

Question Marks (Can they play 3-4 OLB?) - Chris Smith, Will Clarke, Gayle

ILB:

5th Round: Smallwood, Zumwalt

Late Round: Borland

Corner:

2nd Round: Verrett, Breeland, Roby, Fuller, McGill, Joyner, Dessir

3rd Round: Mitchell, Baptiste, Roberson

5th round: Hampton, Purifoy, Watkins, colvin, Gaines, Phil Gaines

Late Round: Dontea Johnson, Aikens, Davis (Auburn), Cockrell

Safety:

2nd Round: Ward

3rd Round: Buchannon

5th round: Brooks, Dixon, Reynolds, Sunseri

Late Round: Trey Boston

Def Tackle Rusher:

2nd Round: Easley

3rd Round: Quarles, Johnson

5th Round: Reid, Sutton, Bromley

Late Round: Uko, Whaley, Gaston
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #139
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Thanks for posting something other than Manziel BS.

If Hageman is still there in the 2nd, jump all over that shit - that guy is special. Also Anthony Johnson from LSU could be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. Guy has massive talent but wasn't consistent in college, he could be a steal for some team.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #140
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, let's not talk about "Manziel BS" in the draft thread
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #141
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Yeah, let's not talk about "Manziel BS" in the draft thread
It's fine to discuss him. But the Draft is not strictly Manziel. It's pretty clear where everyone here stands on him, do we need to rehash the same arguments over and over again?

I mean, he's a love/hate guy. You love him, I love him, pretty much everyone else here hates him. At this point it's not really worth it.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #142
Rodmantheman
Local High School Star

Rodmantheman has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Deepest draft overall in a while.

I can't remember the last time a draft had this much talent and so much debate where they're going. Seems like no team is a lock to pick anyone.

2012 Draft
Rodmantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #143
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manziel shit is overkill. Give it a rest already.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #144
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys if a couple of us want to discuss Manziel for pages then that's what's happenin...not my fault that this thread isn't very active with other shit. You see Manziels name in the post just skip it and move on, it's not difficult.

He is easily the biggest attention getter in this draft so you should do yourselves a favor and not get all pissy when his name comes up because it's gonna happen.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 AM   #145
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's a short, less athletic, weaker armed Jay Cutler

^best comparison

He's gonna be butt

Jay also butt btw
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #146
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Guys if a couple of us want to discuss Manziel for pages then that's what's happenin...not my fault that this thread isn't very active with other shit. You see Manziels name in the post just skip it and move on, it's not difficult.

He is easily the biggest attention getter in this draft so you should do yourselves a favor and not get all pissy when his name comes up because it's gonna happen.

You can always find draft info and post it. You don't have to keep talkin about Manziel in thread after thread. Soon as you disagree with someone you go running to pull up links and what have your why can't you apply that same approach to news in general about the draft? You weren't even insulted when posters asked if the Manziel talk can chill. Yet you're rolling eyes and making smartass responses.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #147
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
2012 Draft
At least teams knew who they were gonna pick.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #148
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wilson would go #3 overall if the draft was done over...like I said

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ussell-wilson/
That's lip service. The absolute HIGHEST I saw someone rate Wilson pre-draft was late 1st and that person was laughed at. We're talking about them solely as prospects not as pros.

You might say that Wilson has changed the way you evaluate QBs but even STILL saying that someone who would have been a 4th round prospect 2 years ago is now worthy of a #1 overall is insane. I don't even dislike Manziel - I like him and would take him in the 2nd-3rd round if i needed a QB.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #149
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As for comparisons: The more I think about it the more Manziel reminds me of Vick without the elite physical attributes.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #150
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Don't y'all need a RB? I like Lache Seastrunk from Baylor a lot.

As for Jordan Matthews I think he's a 1st rounder.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: