Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Thread

I think his playing style is similar to Kap, but the physical attributes and skills much different. Kap way bigger, way more arm strength at this point, Manziel better accuracy.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #17
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah that's not bad. Manziel is pretty unique. I'll give him that.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Manziel is very unique but if I were to describe him I would say that he is a version of Mike Vick with less arm strength but more accuracy with Romo-like-tendencies...

kind of a long comparison lol, but I think it is pretty accurate
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #19
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Manziel is very unique but if I were to describe him I would say that he is a version of Mike Vick with less arm strength but more accuracy with Romo-like-tendencies...

This is a very good comparison
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #20
Le Shaqtus
House Stark

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A lot of buzz has been generating for Bortles since his measurements came in. He was measured at 6'5 (was measured 6'4 his time at UCF) and 230 lbs. This is awesome because it makes him look like the more prototypical QB a team would want. He's also super coachable, he says he needs help with his techniques and passing (which do need improvement) but he's willing to learn and knows he may not start straight away in the league, but he's ok with that.

I knew Blake could be a top 10 pick, but I never thought he would have a chance to go #1. I still think it's safer for Houston to go for Bridgewater because he is the better passer. But if they take Blake he's going to get better as he progresses, and his size is definitely a plus over Bridgewater too.
Le Shaqtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #21
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Auburn OT Greg Robinson had himself a very nice combine.

Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio had an awful combine. Awful 40 and several teams have reportedly failed his medicals due to an arthritic knee, it's doubtful he goes in the 1st Round anymore.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #22
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Texans need Bridgewater. He seems like a really hard worker. He looks like the type of guy who'll start practicing right after being drafted instead of partying in Vegas or something like that.

Fuq Blake Bortles. Everyone is so high on him because of his 'size'. Get outta here. Size isnt everything. I'd rather have a 5'7 QB with great accuracy, and great mobility with good football IQ than a 6'5 QB with an ok game.

Bridgewater is 6'2 and weighs 215 pounds. Thats fine with me. I watched every single Louisville game and god dayum... I was impressed with his passing ability. In the bowl game he was a monster. 400+ yards, 3 td's, 0 int. Bortles had 2 interceptions in his bowl game, but other than those INT's he was pretty good.

I feel like Blake is the next Gabbert. I want Teddy
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #23
Le Shaqtus
House Stark

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Texans need Bridgewater. He seems like a really hard worker. He looks like the type of guy who'll start practicing right after being drafted instead of partying in Vegas or something like that.

Fuq Blake Bortles. Everyone is so high on him because of his 'size'. Get outta here. Size isnt everything. I'd rather have a 5'7 QB with great accuracy, and great mobility with good football IQ than a 6'5 QB with an ok game.

Bridgewater is 6'2 and weighs 215 pounds. Thats fine with me. I watched every single Louisville game and god dayum... I was impressed with his passing ability. In the bowl game he was a monster. 400+ yards, 3 td's, 0 int. Bortles had 2 interceptions in his bowl game, but other than those INT's he was pretty good.

I feel like Blake is the next Gabbert. I want Teddy

If you've watched Blake at all while he was at UCF you'd know that doesn't just an "ok" game. He isn't a better passer than Bridgewater yet but his game is much better than ok. He's also great at extending plays with his feet, throwing from the pocket, and is a very mobile QB despite his size. He's got some things he has to learn but so does every one of these players going into the draft.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #24
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation herezoom17 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Hands aren't "huge". Above average for someone his size but nothing special. RW3 had 10.25 inch hands at 511. Favre had 10.63 at 6 2.

Same size as Andrew luck 6'4
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

The thing that made Michael Vick such a unique young player was his combination of arm strength, quickness and top-end speed. I have to say, I really don't see Manziel touching a young Vick in any of these three categories.

Vick could flick the ball 65 yards on a rope. Manziel has pretty good arm strength, but I've never seen him approach that level of arm strength.

Vick often looked like the quickest/fastest player on an NFL field. Manziel has nice quickness and speed, but I don't see him approaching that level of quickness/speed.

On top of that, Vick was 6-1, 210 pounds... Bigger, faster, stronger than Manziel.

Johnny is a unique football player which is why he's intriguing for a lot of teams and scary for many others. I have a lot of concerns, though, that probably wouldn't be so overwhelming if he were close to the freak of nature that Vick was.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ebron is looking like the next beast TE.

250 pounds and runs a 4.50 40-time. He's going in the Top 10. Book it.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmook A. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
If you've watched Blake at all while he was at UCF you'd know that doesn't just an "ok" game. He isn't a better passer than Bridgewater yet but his game is much better than ok. He's also great at extending plays with his feet, throwing from the pocket, and is a very mobile QB despite his size. He's got some things he has to learn but so does every one of these players going into the draft.
I know you like UCF and all but no way in hell is Bortles a better passer than Bridgewater.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #28
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

I really, really, really hope we can snatch Mettenberger in the 3rd. Fell in love after the Georgia game, kid's got some NFL throws in his arsenal already.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #29
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
I really, really, really hope we can snatch Mettenberger in the 3rd. Fell in love after the Georgia game, kid's got some NFL throws in his arsenal already.
I favor this plan over going QB first, personally.

My personal wishlist for the first round is Sammy Watkins at 4 and then coming back and grabbing CJ Mosley at 26. I'd maybe even consider trading up to get Mosley if they don't think he'll fall to 26. I like that kid a lot and we desperately need an upgrade at ILB.

Grab the best QB available in either the second or third round. Mettenberger would be fine with me.

A Josh Gordon / Sammy Watkins / Jordan Cameron trio would cause a lot of problems.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #30
Le Shaqtus
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
I know you like UCF and all but no way in hell is Bortles a better passer than Bridgewater.

I never said he was better, but Bortles has the potential to and work ethic to become a better passer.

Like I said, Bridgewater is an excellent QB and the safest pick for Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked him. But Bortles has the highest ceiling of all the QB's.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: