Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #451
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

I'm curious to see Nicks on the colts this year. All last year he was hurt and had his head up his ass because Cruz got paid and he didn't. He still made a lot of nice catches but way too much was practically not there.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #452
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Well, apparently the Seahawk coaching staff thought Browner was good enough to start so until his play says otherwise I'm going to put some faith in their opinion of his abilities.

At the end of the year Maxwell was starting. This is some horrible logic. Scott Brooks starts Kendrick Perkins, doesn't make him a good player or better than Steven Adams.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #453
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
At the end of the year Maxwell was starting. This is some horrible logic. Scott Brooks starts Kendrick Perkins, doesn't make him a good player or better than Steven Adams.
Of course Maxwell was starting. Is Browner supposed to start while he's suspended? That's a pointless "point" to be making. You really don't have an argument there. All I'm saying is, with one of Seattle's starting corners who made the PB in the past and Darrell Revis who many believe is the best corner in the game the Patriots may have the best CB duo. And that's a fairly indisputable statement. Now they may not be that good, I'm not going to say Maxwell didn't sufficiently replace Browner. Seattle clearly didn't miss a beat. But there is no denying the fact the Pats brought in some major talent. There's no argument to be made otherwise.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:23 AM   #454
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

I've watched practically every game Browner has started in the NFL. Assuming no big drop-off from last eyar, Brandon Browner was a solid add for the Patriots. He is a good CB, nothing amazing or shutdown, but a a good solid cornerback. He is very physical, his cornerback play is even more physical than Sherman's I would say. He is big and above average for a CB against the run. He also has solid playmaking instincts. His weak points are he is not that fast so can get burned deep, and he gets a lot of pass interferences lol, I guess that is the consequence of playing too physical. But his PIs are more "I dont want to get burned" which is not good. But still he will do a good job covering his guy for the most part, and that big physical presence is a plus for any CB. Him and Revis should make a great CB duo.

As for Maxwell vs. Browner, I will take Browner. Maxwell is an average CB. I think Thurmond before his injuries earlier this season had maybe a case for being as good as Browner, but he kind of fell off. Maxwell though surely is not as good as Browner even last year. Teams 'targetted' Maxwell in several occasions/games, that you would never see happening against Browner. They used to do that in his 1st season from the CFL but then he got what 6 interceptions, made the pro bowl, and all that stopped lol.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #455
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Peppers to Packers

Tate to Browns if he passes physical.

Mack to Colts

^ hopefully
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #456
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Patriots have re-signed WR Julian Edelman.

The Browns have signed RB Ben Tate to a 2 Year Contract worth up to 7 Million Dollars.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #457
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Browns have signed RB Ben Tate to a 2 Year Contract worth up to 7 Million Dollars.

Really like what Farmer has done so far.

Ben Tate
Andrew Hawkins
Karlos Dansby
Donte Whitner

Plus, it looks like Alex Mack will be sticking around another year. Good stuff.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #458
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Patriots have re-signed WR Julian Edelman.

What's the contract like? Love what we've done so far this offseason. Not only do we have a sick CB partnership now with Browner and Revis, but we've kept Edelman too and might be able to get another top FA. Too bad Wilfork had to go.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #459
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Of course Maxwell was starting. Is Browner supposed to start while he's suspended? That's a pointless "point" to be making. You really don't have an argument there. All I'm saying is, with one of Seattle's starting corners who made the PB in the past and Darrell Revis who many believe is the best corner in the game the Patriots may have the best CB duo. And that's a fairly indisputable statement. Now they may not be that good, I'm not going to say Maxwell didn't sufficiently replace Browner. Seattle clearly didn't miss a beat. But there is no denying the fact the Pats brought in some major talent. There's no argument to be made otherwise.

Maxwell flat out played better than Browner last year. As did Thurmond. You're 100% right about Revis. He's 100% a top 2 corner in football but Browner was average last year and now he is a year older and gone a year without playing football. Not to mention the fact that he is 1 failed drug/ped test from a massive suspension. I think he got overpaid.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #460
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Seahawks in serious talks with Henry Melton
Old 03-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #461
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Lord, as I lay tonight I pray the Cowboys/Weeden rumors are true. Amen.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #462
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Maxwell flat out played better than Browner last year. As did Thurmond. You're 100% right about Revis. He's 100% a top 2 corner in football but Browner was average last year and now he is a year older and gone a year without playing football. Not to mention the fact that he is 1 failed drug/ped test from a massive suspension. I think he got overpaid.
I don't think our discussion is covering any new ground. I'll just point out that none of the facts I've brought up have been shown to be incorrect and leave it at that unless some new point is brought up.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #463
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Really like what Farmer has done so far.

Ben Tate
Andrew Hawkins
Karlos Dansby
Donte Whitner

Plus, it looks like Alex Mack will be sticking around another year. Good stuff.

Really nice additions there I think. Forgetting what you think Clev will do given what you heard/read/"rest assured" Who do you want the Browns to draft?

Same deal with you DukeDelonte, who would you like the Browns to draft?

I mean as far as both first rd picks fellas.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #464
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780

What's the contract like? Love what we've done so far this offseason. Not only do we have a sick CB partnership now with Browner and Revis, but we've kept Edelman too and might be able to get another top FA. Too bad Wilfork had to go.
I'm wondering what Edelman gets as well. IMO his stats are greater than his real impact and I doubt he talks to SF if the deal was big. And SF didn't offer him much more if they offered him more at all.

It probably sounds like I hate Edelman and I really don't. I just don't see him as even a good #2 receiver. Basically a poor replacement for Welker. It's not that I want him gone, I just want the Pats to finally get Brady a star receiver. I'd bet that Brady equals Manning's stats with a good core and should at least get an average group. The Patriots have done a bad job for a long time of getting Brady the receivers a great QB should have.If he had Larry Fitzgerald his whole career he'd challenge Favre's records and Fitzgerald would be a lock for the Hall of Fame.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #465
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
I don't think our discussion is covering any new ground. I'll just point out that none of the facts I've brought up have been shown to be incorrect and leave it at that unless some new point is brought up.
You brought up no legitimate facts. You implied Browner was better than Maxwell last year because the Seattle coaching staff had Browner starting to begin the year but that's an irrelevant point since we see in sports all the time where the backup plays better than the starter and takes over. There is a reason why Seattle expressed almost no interest in bringing Browner back - he wasn't that good last year. Average imo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: