Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #481
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2014 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

looks like Melton will be a Seahawk.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #482
Bless Mathews
Fucc Darrell Bevell!!!

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
looks like Melton will be a Seahawk.
Too many question marks to give big money to.

Hopefully cheap and short.

Could look like another great move if he can go back to '12 form.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #483
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Low risk high reward. He knows he has a QB that makes guys look good. Might do that with Britt.
I would take a risk with Britt on the Jets but we got rid of one prima donna in Holmes.

Definitely an incentive based contract would be top priority

Last edited by Rameek : 03-16-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #484
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Too many question marks to give big money to.

Hopefully cheap and short.

Could look like another great move if he can go back to '12 form.
Agree around 5 mil for 2-3 years would be solid. When healthy he's one of the top pass rushing DTs in the league.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #485
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rams should sign Britt
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #486
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

while i think the byrd signing was totally awesome for the falcons, i think it's getting overhyped simply because of how much they spent for him. like holy crap, he's getting near shutdown corner money. even if he's the best safety in the league with consistency, i feel they overpaid him. atlanta will need to draft an OT, DE and RB in the draft. all are big needs.

revis is pretty big for the pats. even playing out of scheme and coming back from an injury, he was a shutdown corner at times. can totally see him becoming the best CB in the league again. whether or not pats find consistency at WR with not dropping passes is another thing. also, i don't care what the stats show, brady is on the decline and is losing arm strength.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #487
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
To be fair TJ ward is better than Whitner but yeah Browns with a competent QB are a playoff threat.
TJ was a loss, no doubt. With that being said, there are some things I think we'll gain with Whitner as opposed to Ward, namely coverage skills. That was always a worry with TJ. He improved quite a bit with it last year, but he was still inconsistent in coverage.

Now, against the run? I think he may be the best safety in the league in that respect. He's also imposing in the middle of a defensive backfield. Even in today's league where guys have such a small zone they have to respect when making a hard hit, TJ manages to be a menace and intimidator.

Tough loss, but Whitner is not a bad replacement. He's 16 months older than Ward, but this team (and defense) is so young pretty much across the board, bringing in a couple of veterans like Whitner and Dansby could help these guys take the next step to creating a winning culture.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #488
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Really nice additions there I think. Forgetting what you think Clev will do given what you heard/read/"rest assured" Who do you want the Browns to draft?

Same deal with you DukeDelonte, who would you like the Browns to draft?

I mean as far as both first rd picks fellas.
I'm to the point where I don't feel comfortable enough with any of the top QBs in this class that I want to take one at 4. If we did go that route, I'd want it to be Bortles, but I'm leaning hard toward other positions.

For me, I'd like to see them take whoever is there between Clowney, Mack and Watkins. I feel both Clowney and Mack are future star pass rushers. I watched Mack toy with Ohio State last season long before he recently hit the ball out of the park at the Combine and his Pro Day. He was so by far the best player on the field against OSU, it was like he was playing against kids.

And, that OSU offense is hardly chopped liver. That's how he made them look. In fact, I might lean toward Mack over Clowney, only because I still worry about Clowney's drive and Mack doesn't seem to have any of those issues and, in fact, his nonstop motor is one of his best traits.

Either way, I'd take either of them. Problem is, it is looking more and more like both will be gone. I think both will go in the Top 3.

So, if that happens, I'm taking Watkins.

Think about this... Ben Tate in the backfield. Josh Gordon at WR1. Sammy Watkins WR2. Either Hawkins or Travis Benjamin in the slot, two of the fastest receivers in the NFL. Jordan Cameron at TE.

That is a loaded set of skill positions. And, best of all, they're all extremely young and can grow together for a long time. Also, Watkins gives us a safety net if something were to happen to Gordon, who is one more strike away from being suspended for a full season.

I love Watkins' game. Great speed. Incredible hands. Good route running. He may not have the height of a Calvin Johnson or the strength of a Larry Fitzgerald, but I could see him being a better version of Mike Wallace.

He doesn't have Wallace's insane 4.3 speed, but he's no slouch at 4.4. And, he's slightly taller with what looks to be all the intangibles.

Quote:
The accolades continue to pour in for Sammy Watkins. Additional sources at the workout confirmed earlier reports on the receivers position drills. I'm told his hand quickness and ability to snatch the ball from the air with ease was incredibly impressive.

Scouts raving about Sammy Watkins pro-day...one claiming "best pro-day workout I've ever seen from a receiver":

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ro-day-workout

I know this is a deep draft for receivers, but the idea of putting Watkins on the otherside of Gordon is just so damn appealing.

As for 26... it really all depends on what we do at 4. If we get Bortles, Mack or Clowney at 4, I'd think WR at 26. Take the best one there, be it Beckham, Cooks, Lee, Benjamin... whoever they like the best and is available. Like I said, really strong year for WRs, it seems.

If they go Watkins at 4, then things get more complicated. I love CJ Mosley, but we'd probably have to trade up to get him. Ryan Shazier is another option if we want to go the linebacker route.

Then there's Derek Carr, who I haven't watched a ton of tape on, but if the Browns don't go QB at 4, he might be the target at 26. So many possibilities. Should be fun.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-16-2014 at 06:51 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 AM   #489
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Drew Bledsoe was starting over Tom Brady at one point. Michael Bishop was ahead of Brady on the depth chart. Doesn't mean anything. In terms of on the field play this year Maxwell > Browner and it wasn't particularly close.
The fact you have completely failed to understand is that Browner being made the starter and having been a Pro Bowler shows that he has it in him to be one of the better corners in the NFL. The Seahawk coaching staff have a high opinion of him. Thus, teamed with a guy that may be the best corner in the game it's completely justified to say the Pats may have the best duo. "May." You still can't process this? Fine. Let's move on.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #490
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good post RBA, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I would take a risk with Britt on the Jets but we got rid of one prima donna in Holmes.

Definitely an incentive based contract would be top priority

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Not sure NYJ want to take on that risk tho.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #491
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm wondering what Edelman gets as well. IMO his stats are greater than his real impact and I doubt he talks to SF if the deal was big. And SF didn't offer him much more if they offered him more at all.

It probably sounds like I hate Edelman and I really don't. I just don't see him as even a good #2 receiver. Basically a poor replacement for Welker. It's not that I want him gone, I just want the Pats to finally get Brady a star receiver. I'd bet that Brady equals Manning's stats with a good core and should at least get an average group. The Patriots have done a bad job for a long time of getting Brady the receivers a great QB should have.If he had Larry Fitzgerald his whole career he'd challenge Favre's records and Fitzgerald would be a lock for the Hall of Fame.
Agreed. There arent any great WRs left in FA but I wish we went for Steve Smith while he was available. Now our only option is to trade for a top WR and the only viable option up for trade imo is Larry Fitzgerald and what would it take to get him?
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #492
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Agreed. There arent any great WRs left in FA but I wish we went for Steve Smith while he was available. Now our only option is to trade for a top WR and the only viable option up for trade imo is Larry Fitzgerald and what would it take to get him?

Agree I would have loved to see them sign Smith, they really need a guy who will go up and fight for the ball. That being said I think with resigning Edleman and signing LaFell that they'll be fine at WR as long as they go out and sign or draft a quality TE. As long as they have that big middle if field threat, wether it Gronk or someone they draft, it opens up the game for everyone else. Edleman is reliable, amendola is talented and you would assume at least one if last years 3 rookies will have a breakout sophomore season. Plus they can always sign guys like Collie during the season to help move the chains, what they really need though is another TE.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #493
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The fact you have completely failed to understand is that Browner being made the starter and having been a Pro Bowler shows that he has it in him to be one of the better corners in the NFL. The Seahawk coaching staff have a high opinion of him. Thus, teamed with a guy that may be the best corner in the game it's completely justified to say the Pats may have the best duo. "May." You still can't process this? Fine. Let's move on.
He was a pro-bowler 2 years ago in 2012. He is no longer that player.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #494
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Giants have signed CB Walter Thurmond III to a 1 Year/3.5 Million Dollar Contract.

The Broncos have signed WR Emmanuel Sanders to a 3 Year/15 Million Dollar Contract.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #495
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Giants have signed CB Walter Thurmond III to a 1 Year/3.5 Million Dollar Contract.

The Broncos have signed WR Emmanuel Sanders to a 3 Year/15 Million Dollar Contract.

where are the Broncos getting the money didn't Peyton contact limit the Teams cap space. If they don't win it all next year
zoom17 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: