Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #751
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: 2014 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Patriots have re-signed DT Vince Wilfork to a 3 Year/22.5 Million Dollar Contract.

It's essentially a 1 Year/8 Million Dollar Deal with 2 option years. Looks like the rift between Wilfork and the Pats is over.
Nah, the misses said "you ain't going nowhere" and he didn;t
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #752
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
he had a lot of white boy swag going today...pretty sure he could pull off the Namath fur if he wanted...

Yea he did. I ain't even gonna lie. Cuts were bumping in back round and everything.

Definitely got me thinking he MIGHT make me eat my words after today. If somehow he can chAnge his decision making process.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #753
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The Patriots have re-signed DT Vince Wilfork to a 3 Year/22.5 Million Dollar Contract.

It's essentially a 1 Year/8 Million Dollar Deal with 2 option years. Looks like the rift between Wilfork and the Pats is over.
<3
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #754
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.

the eagles just released DeSean Jackson.
u mad gobb?
TheWINdyCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #755
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

OMGZ Desean Jackson just released...

no contract now...GO GET HIM JERRY!!!

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #756
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Eagles release Desean Jackson. Mr. Belichick, I would really like to see Tom Brady throw 40 TDs this upcoming season. That would be nice. How are the two subjects related? Well, you're a highly intelligent man, I'm sure you can figure it out.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #757
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.

makes you wonder just what the hell is up.. I mean they could of got at least a mid 2 late round pick for him.. something must be up.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #758
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWINdyCity
makes you wonder just what the hell is up.. I mean they could of got at least a mid 2 late round pick for him.. something must be up.
Quote:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports DeSean Jackson's off-field behavior, particularly his connection to a Los Angeles street gang, is the Eagles' chief concern and main reason they're entertaining trading or releasing him.
Jackson has a problem with missing team meetings, and the Eagles reportedly believe his friends are becoming a powerful, negative influence. The team is "concerned about having [Jackson] around the younger players. Jackson has become close with a man named Theron Shakir, a member of the Crips and one of two men charged in the murder of a 14-year-old rival gang member. The Eagles simply don't want to wake up to an Aaron Hernandez situation one morning. Jackson has very likely played his last down for the Eagles.

irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #759
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

it is confusing, supposedly the Jets DID offer them 2 late picks...wtf

reports coming out that the Eagles are worried about DeSean being involved in gang activity...

knew there was more to this than the public was aware of...
Old 03-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #760
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
His contract is one that teams didn't want. At any rate they are saying on Numbers Never Lie that he may have "gang connections," whatever that really means. So long as he's not getting arrested I don't care, I'll take him on my team.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #761
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
His contract is one that teams didn't want. At any rate they are saying on Numbers Never Lie that he may have "gang connections," whatever that really means. So long as he's not getting arrested I don't care, I'll take him on my team.

you really think coach belichick wants him after those reports irondarts just showed?!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #762
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Eagles release Desean Jackson. Mr. Belichick, I would really like to see Tom Brady throw 40 TDs this upcoming season. That would be nice. How are the two subjects related? Well, you're a highly intelligent man, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Because people who get released because of possible gang ties are a good idea for the Pats right now. Not like anything like that ever hurt them.

I remember mentioning prior that the Eagles talked about his robbery like it was almost his fault. Now we know why. Eh, better for him, better for Eagles if they really suspect bad things, and he's a good pick but do your due dilligence.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._troubles.html

Last edited by niko : 03-28-2014 at 01:00 PM.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #763
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
There is more to the DJax story than fans know...guy must have some serious personality issues that they are not willing to look past

I know he is due a decent amount this coming year but Philly has the room and THEY DRAFTED THE GUY...it isn't like he busted, you can even pin certain wins directly on DJax plays

this reaks of Philly knowing more than we do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Howie Roseman, Chip Kelly did not draft Desean Jackson. Eagles I believe are ranked 2 in the NFL in WR salary. Meaning the position is the 2nd highest paid in the league. What more do we not know? That Djax has made a stink/held out over a contract? That he was given a deal, and not so long after didnt demand more money but implied he outperformed the deal? That him and his WR coach do not get along and Jason Avant was a mentor/mediator/leader of that unit? Which is why some sparked the talks of Djax when Avant was released as far as who would be there to control him as he did?

Yeah definitely more that us fans don't know. Clear as day. I mean let's be honest, Djax is a game breaker talent no question. But he's not a legit #1 WR in my book and lacks the ability to do other things that would really make him a player. For one he lacks size. That affects his potential in redzone situations, winning jump balls, getting that tough first down catch on 3rd and 8. He also cant play the slot. Not to diminish his impact, as I said you get him the ball he is a big play threat. But he's not irreplaceable and he gets paid a lot of money for someone who is limited in what he can do as a WR.

Not to always side with Eagles management tho. You overpaid Riley Cooper who in a contract year benefited greatly from Djax being across from him. No way his run blocking as a WR is that good. Lets be real, he's no burner and doesnt get a lot of separation from defenders. Then you sign Maclin who is a better WR imo than Djax to a 1yr deal where he all but said "I will get PAID next season and take a contract year deal this season".

So you get rid of Djax, and go to battle with an WR coming off injury and a guy who had his best year last season. And you're going to go WR with your first pick over defense...the side of the ball you need to address? Or WR 2nd rd?

So yeah what don't we know as Eagles fans about the Djax situation? Surely he didnt bone Chip Kelly wife. He simply didnt return phone calls/keep in contact with the guy.
clear as day...
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #764
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Because people who get released because of possible gang ties are a good idea for the Pats right now. Not like anything like that ever hurt them.

I remember mentioning prior that the Eagles talked about his robbery like it was almost his fault. Now we know why. Eh, better for him, better for Eagles if they really suspect bad things, and he's a good pick but do your due dilligence.

yeah I doubt the patriots organization wants a situation that could be similar to the aaron hernandez scandal
Old 03-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #765
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
you really think coach belichick wants him after those reports irondarts just showed?!
I don't know how much appetite the Pats have for risk post-Hernandez but I heard the Pats inquired about his avaialability when Philly was seeking a trade partner. I do know that the Pats have brought in several players of questionable character in the Belichick era and pre-Hernandez I'm completely sure a gang rumor wouldn't stop them from going after a major asset. For myself, unless a guy is getting arrested or I know he's up to some bad stuff I'd go for it. He's friends with some gang member? May be poor judgment but I bet lots of players have some friend(s) from childhood or even adulthood that break law.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: