Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #31
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF
 
BGriffin's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,664
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
You're like Ted Kaczynski without the intelligence, education, looks, sociability or capacity to actually do anything significant in the grand scheme of things; good or bad.

You'll contribute nothing and only continue to consume and enjoy the fruits of scientific minds unfathomably greater than yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Coming from the guy who admits to not being able to socialize with co-workers and attractive females? N*gga, you don't have any friends. Get outta here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
niqqa talking about this generation lacking social skills

1. you consistently look to argue with members on a basketball message board about nothing that is basketball related. you know other forums exist right? or did science inhibit your ability to figure out such?

2. you signed up to a dating website because you lack the social skills and very likely the appearance as well to attract any females so you ended up with a fat b1tch who ***** reeked and took that down because that was possibly the only willing sex partner you've had for years

to top it all off you swear that youre so much smarter than everybody else here but everything youve said and done points to the exact opposite. you are a retard

ether
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #32
ForeverHeat
Banned
 
ForeverHeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,834
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Yall are some real haters. The guy is just putting across his opinion and 90% of you are just hating. If you think hes wrong why dont you just give some intelligent reasons why. No need for grown ass men to try "page break" threads because they disagree with the comments. Pathetic.
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,865
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
You nerds can rationalize all you want, but it is pretty much a fact your generation has absolutely no social skills.

Look at your elders and learn from them. We knew how to make friends and didn't rely on the computer to make us socially relevant.

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #34
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,216
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Rambo
Just because an idea is unique and you thought of it yourself, doesnt make it intelligent.
Also become educated and being able to retain that education is a good thing.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #35
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Rambo
Just because an idea is unique and you thought of it yourself, doesnt make it intelligent.
Also become educated and being able to retain that education is a good thing.

I really don't know why I have to keep on explaining myself on this:

Although I have an education (BS degree to be exact), I'm glad I don't have an educated mind.

Education doesn't exercise creativity; it doesn't want you to think on your own, so I find it as a compliment you are trying to insult me by saying I need an educated mind. That is exactly what I don't want to strive for.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #36
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
Yall are some real haters. The guy is just putting across his opinion and 90% of you are just hating. If you think hes wrong why dont you just give some intelligent reasons why. No need for grown ass men to try "page break" threads because they disagree with the comments. Pathetic.

Thanks bro, at least someone smart around here understands my true intent.

What these trolls don't understand is I only post to better myself as a person; I might act like I know it all, but I only do this because I'm constantly being attack by trolls telling me I don't know sh*t when the premises I set forth are legit and should be think about a bit deeper.


All they have to do is engage and I'll back it all up with supporting evidences, but as is, they're just trolling because they are afraid to engage.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #37
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
3. our science isnt "killing us". You are sensationalizing the negatives. would it be better if we didnt use science to farm crops and livestock? Do you know that observing a plant that it needs sunlight, water, how it reacts to conditions, is science right? If humans didnt initially "observe" the leafs turning towards the sun then how would we know that it needs sunlight? Hydroponics, cloning, cropping, are all methods discovered by science that yield more harvest. so without science we could'nt grow crops and feed people, thats what you are suggesting, that we dont grow crops and feed people. How would that possibly be better off than where we are now?

You are assuming people dont know what eating healthy is. Well everyone knows what eating healthy is, many choose not to do it. their is no distinction between money being a factor in living longer. People are poor because they arnt smart enough. They arnt smart enough to eat healthy, not smart enough to stop drinking, not smart enough to exercise, wasnt smart enough to not pick up the crack needle, or to have safe sex at 14. Why would you call anyone "dumbshits" your ideals aren't new, they are actually simple.

2. More sensationalizing. Technology actually empowers the people at the bottom with access to all information, knowledge and a means of communication to one another (im talking about the computer/ internet, the tool that youre using to have a voice and yet you are devaluing it). Anyone with internet has access to all information, you can learn computer programing if you want, or learn how to grow crops hydroponically, all from a simple web search. These are skills you can use to start you're own business that could turn into a huge company.

3. more sensationalizing. humans are conscious, especially of their impulses. Thats why we dont go around raping people when we are horny because we are conscious that our impulses can have a negative impact.
You are generalizing people with your sensationalism, most people would agree, That we dont need many sex partners. and a single person can live off of 15k a year. And in reality, most people are that way.


your topics are really simp, and barely envigorating. Debating you is not even debating, its more like "good god i have to knock some reality and rational into this idiot again". Thats why people dont debate you, there is no debate.

1. It is not sensalization. It is a fact the chemicals we put in the foods we are eating is killing us. It is a fact that the medicines we take are patching up the symptoms from these foods. Diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc. are surpassing smoking and accidents as the leading killers in America. We know very little about these chemicals, and it will prob take another 50 years until we realize the total repercussions. We're just at the tip of the iceberg and already we are seeing a death rate that has already beaten smoking. I mean seriously, how can you even begin to support the science that goes behind these chemicals when so many people are dying from it?
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #38
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

2. Access to information and playing flappy bird on your stupid Iphones don't mean sh*t when the same technology is being used to take away your freedoms.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #39
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

3. No, you are not conscious of your impulses: this is why the media is fiddling you like a puppet; this is why the propaganda has tooled you into consumerism using sex; and this is absolutely why you are so willing to give up your freedoms out of fear.

Sigmund Freud.

Study him.

There is a deliberate attempt at controlling your impulses because the smarter guys know you're too busy thinking like a realist to realize how you're being played.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 02-23-2014 at 01:50 AM.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #40
Riley Martin
O-Qua Tangin Wann
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 593
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
It is a fact the chemicals we put in the foods we are eating is killing us. It is a fact that the medicines we take are patching up the symptoms from these foods. Diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc. are surpassing smoking and accidents as the leading killers in America.

You're saying chemicals being placed into food is the leading cause of diabetes, obesity and heart disease? Not the food itself or quantity of food being routinely ingested or the unhealthy, inactive lifestyles of the people eating this food, but chemicals put in the food? Not high LDL cholesterol, high blood pressure or genetic predisposition. What sort of chemicals, exactly? I mean if we're talking about food additives like high fructose corn syrup or monosodium glutamate, then I say we can hardly blame science for the ailments that result from the overconsumption of these types of food. You wouldn't blame sugarcane for giving you type 2 diabetes by producing such delicious sugar when you're the one who chose to eat it. Again and again.

The masses might not know the names of these substances, but they know that potato chips and cheeseburgers aren't very healthy yet they continue to overindulge. And then you want to blame science?
Riley Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:59 AM   #41
Trentknicks
Banned
 
Trentknicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

What's missing in your life op?

Seriously, you start these topics clearly to bait people and pass off your opinion as fact. Trying to sound intelligent over an internet board isn't impressing anyone. Every time someone gives you a credible answer or even anything that doesn't completely align with your clearly deluded and warped views, your scream, bitch, make up shit, or your pet favourite, claiming they don't understand your view and change the definition of your argument slightly to skewer it in your favour.

You strike me as the kind of person that would get kicked out of a maths major and then write some bullshit essay about how maths isn't even relevant.

If your half as old and intelligent as your poorly trying to make out, you'd realise your life's come down to failing to impress random users on an internet forum. Get offline and do something worthwhile with your life.

Face your reality.

Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #42
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,407
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Martin
You're saying chemicals being placed into food is the leading cause of diabetes, obesity and heart disease? Not the food itself or quantity of food being routinely ingested or the unhealthy, inactive lifestyles of the people eating this food, but chemicals put in the food? Not high LDL cholesterol, high blood pressure or genetic predisposition. What sort of chemicals, exactly? I mean if we're talking about food additives like high fructose corn syrup or monosodium glutamate, then I say we can hardly blame science for the ailments that result from the overconsumption of these types of food. You wouldn't blame sugarcane for giving you type 2 diabetes by producing such delicious sugar when you're the one who chose to eat it. Again and again.

The masses might not know the names of these substances, but they know that potato chips and cheeseburgers aren't very healthy yet they continue to overindulge. And then you want to blame science?

Sure people have died from heart disease, obesity, diabetes, etc. in the past but it was never a pandemic.

Like I said, we know very little about these chemicals and their effect on the body, so you're going to have to give it another 50 years until we know their full repercussions.

Tobacco companies used the same line of PR when they said it is all about personal responsibility. It's the same thing as saying a rape victim should not be dressing sexy if she didn't want to get rape; it's the same thing as saying a murder victim should be carrying a firearm or not be in the place at the time if he didn't want to get killed.

People gotta eat; you can't blame em for eating sh*t that's nothing more than poison without their knowledge. I mean real talk, how many people actually know what these chemicals are doing to their body? They don't. It's hidden and we won't know it's full effect until some time.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #43
JohnFreeman
Lovely stuff.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: may the handsome be with you
Posts: 20,431
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #44
shlver
코비=GOAT
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,255
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

How science and its methods are used by capitalistic industries and governmental bodies and whether you believe it is wrong or not does not detract from science as a discipline. Science is a completely neutral discipline. If you studied any science, then you would understand the application of science(for good or bad) is completely separate from its principle. You should also provide proof of your claimed "facts" as well as clarification of buzzwords like "chemicals." People won't engage in debate if you do not put in the effort to have an honest one.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #45
Spell&Grammer
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Default Re: How science has failed humanity ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I'm constantly being attack by trolls telling me I don't know sh*t when the premises I set forth are legit and should be think about a bit deeper.

I'm constantly being attack by trolls telling me I don't now sh*t when the premises I set forth are legit and should be think about a bit deeper.

Dat educated mind doe.




Spell&Grammer
Spell&Grammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy