Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-22-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Whats so special about Blake Bortles??

Im a Houston Texans fan so obviously I look for our potential pick.

I really like Teddy Bridgewater. That's who I wanna get. This guy seems like the type who'll go and practice hard every day to get better. For those of you who say he's all skinny and stuff, you need to see his workout video. It was uploaded a few days ago and man... he looks swoll. Also, I know he played in a weak conference but that doesnt mean his accuracy is weak or his work ethic sucks.

Whenever I go on mock drafts, or bleacher report, im seeing Blake Bortles' name pop up. This guy is receiving that Blaine Gabbert hype. Whats so special about him? I went on YouTube, saw some of his highlights, checked his stats and all that stuff. He looks better than Manziel but I dont see why people think he's better than Bridgewater. I feel like Bridgewater is better. Only reason some have Bortles over Teddy is because of size. Size is important but that doesn't mean you're the better QB

Last edited by Smook A. : 02-22-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Whats so special about Blake Bortles??

Might as well just go on Yahoo Answers for this question...
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not just the size... Kid can truck. Deceptively fast, especially for a guy that big. Everything about his body and athleticism remind me of a young Roethlisberger.

I mean, Brandon Weeden has "size," which is good for seeing over your line and having clear paths to throw the football, but when you combine that with athleticism to move around the pocket and take off if no one is open? That's a pretty rare combination.

On top of that, he has a very strong arm and throws a nice deep ball... good quick release.

Really, the one area that is a big question mark is his accuracy.

If you're a franchise that thinks this is something that will eventually come around with the right coaching and technique, you take him in a heartbeat. He has the highest ceiling in this QB class.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It's not just the size... Kid can truck. Deceptively fast, especially for a guy that big. Everything about his body and athleticism remind me of a young Roethlisberger.

I mean, Brandon Weeden has "size," which is good for seeing over your line and having clear paths to throw the football, but when you combine that with athleticism to move around the pocket and take off if no one is open? That's a pretty rare combination.

On top of that, he has a very strong arm and throws a nice deep ball... good quick release.

Really, the one area that is a big question mark is his accuracy.

If you're a franchise that thinks this is something that will eventually come around with the right coaching and technique, you take him in a heartbeat. He has the highest ceiling in this QB class.
I'm not saying he won't succeed, I've seen almost no footage of him to be holding a firm opinion. Just a general question: Is there anything more important for a QB than accuracy?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm not saying he won't succeed, I've seen almost no footage of him to be holding a firm opinion. Just a general question: Is there anything more important for a QB than accuracy?
For me, the most important trait for a QB in today's NFL is what's between his ears and that's something which is hard to gauge.

I saw a classic example of it with my Browns last year. Reports were that, when Brian Hoyer stepped under center, the entire playbook was in play. When he got hurt, the playbook was literally cut in half with Weeden and Campbell. And, it showed.

A lot of times, people that follow bad teams might say, "Our coaches suck... the offense is so predictable."

Well, that may be due to the mental limitations of your QB. I know that was our issue in the second half of the season.

I hear you on the accuracy issue, though, but think about this... you can be the most accurate thrower in the world, but if you loop the ball getting there, the timing is going to be off. You need a combination of accuracy and arm strength to be truly "accurate" in today's NFL.

No, you don't HAVE to be able to throw the ball 80 yards, but you do have to be able to zip it to WRs on out-routes or get it down the middle of the field before a safety has time to react.

Bortles has that kind of arm strength, so he's halfway there. There's no doubt his accuracy on intermediate routes needs work, though, and he won't be a good NFL QB without it.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pocket presence is elite. Probably his best attribute. Would take him top 5. #2 QB after Teddy. Browns should take him.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Pocket presence is elite. Probably his best attribute. Would take him top 5. #2 QB after Teddy. Browns should take him.

Agreed
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: