Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,847
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
These are OUR comparisons...not scouting consensus. Maybe the dude would take Teddy #1 overall in a heartbeat.
I would (assuming i need a qb).
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,430
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What does that matter?

Where did Brady get drafted? What's that have to do with Bridgewaters potential?

If someone thought Rodgers had potential to be the best QB ever, he would've went a lot higher. He would've went 1st overall.

It matters a great deal. Who thought Aaron Rodgers would be as great as is he when he entered the draft? Outside of you because you know EVERYTHING. Plenty of GMs passed up such a great QB. I wonder who Rodgers was compared to at the time. Maybe it wasn't someone so great or else he would've went higher using your logic. Obviously no one thought he had the potential to be the best ever as he got drafted to a team with a...HOF QB already.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

So what's your point?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #19
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,847
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Re:Teddy vs Arod

Teddy doesn't have A-Rod's arm. But Rodgers is the best comparison i can think of.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,430
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So what's your point?

Point is you're a d!ckhead
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,169
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So what's your point?

That you have **** permanently stuck up your ass
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

What does that have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,430
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

What does that have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.

It's his comparison. Get over yourself idiot. You're a f*cking try hard. Who gives a f*ck what NFL teams thinks Bridgewater compares too shithead.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #24
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,847
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

What does that have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.

Oh my god you're a moron...

From OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Gimme yours

Thread has absolutely nothing to do with what the mainstream media or nfl scouts (who knows what they think. so much of the shit you hear in the media is a smokescreen) think about Bridgewater it's asking what I think. And to me Bridgewater is an elite QB prospect on the level of Andrew Luck.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #25
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin
 
christian1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,975
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Zach Bauman NAU - Ray Rice.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,943
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

This is what I should've asked from the beginning. I'm not saying you're an idiot or trying to be insulting, this is just discussion. That's why we visit this place, to talk about football.

How does Bridgewater have the potential to be Aaron Rodgers?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #27
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,847
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
This is what I should've asked from the beginning. I'm not saying you're an idiot or trying to be insulting, this is just discussion. That's why we visit this place, to talk about football.

How does Bridgewater have the potential to be Aaron Rodgers?

When I think of Teddy's strengths and weaknesses they align with those of Rodgers. Without going into too much detail - Likes to throw from the pocket but has the athleticism and skills to throw the ball well rolling out or being flushed out. Great accuracy (makes some amazing throws). Supposed weaknesses are that he's smallish and not a vocal leader. Sounds a lot like Rodgers to me. Of course no comparison is 100% but Rodgers is the best one.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #28
Smook A.
Hou Rox
 
Smook A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 12,825
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
This is what I should've asked from the beginning. I'm not saying you're an idiot or trying to be insulting, this is just discussion. That's why we visit this place, to talk about football.

How does Bridgewater have the potential to be Aaron Rodgers?
Read their scouting reports. Its almost the same thing. Look at their highlights. Notice how they throw and move around the pocket
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,482
Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

What does that have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.


Okay. Here's where I'm going to throw my .02.

Here's why your argument is being disputed.

1. It's a guys opinion.
2. It's a comparison of a player not the equivalence of a player


**3.(big one) your argument as to why Teddy Bridgewater cannot be compared to Aaron Rodgers is because Bridgewater won't go #1 in the draft or be the 1st QB taken. Teams like Blake Bortles better (this might be smoke screen)

But why does it matter if Blake Bortles might be taken before Bridgewater?

Alex smith was taken before AAron Rodgers?(who's better?)
Aaron Rodgers went 24th overall.(hmmm..)

So this is where your argument loses it's firepower.


So in this case, Rodgers was the 2nd QB taken at #24 pick overall.

Teddy Bridgewater will be taken as the top, or second QB taken in the first 3 picks.

This isn't the NBA where a draft is more you take the best player available first then you're team needs. In the NFL, it's all about what your team needs are.


I hope you see that your point contradicts your explanation.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy