Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Default Re: MY Prospect Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
These are OUR comparisons...not scouting consensus. Maybe the dude would take Teddy #1 overall in a heartbeat.
I would (assuming i need a qb).
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What does that matter?

Where did Brady get drafted? What's that have to do with Bridgewaters potential?

If someone thought Rodgers had potential to be the best QB ever, he would've went a lot higher. He would've went 1st overall.

It matters a great deal. Who thought Aaron Rodgers would be as great as is he when he entered the draft? Outside of you because you know EVERYTHING. Plenty of GMs passed up such a great QB. I wonder who Rodgers was compared to at the time. Maybe it wasn't someone so great or else he would've went higher using your logic. Obviously no one thought he had the potential to be the best ever as he got drafted to a team with a...HOF QB already.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #18
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

So what's your point?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #19
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Re:Teddy vs Arod

Teddy doesn't have A-Rod's arm. But Rodgers is the best comparison i can think of.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
So what's your point?

Point is you're a d!ckhead
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
So what's your point?

That you have **** permanently stuck up your ass
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

What does that have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers.....nobody thought he was going to be the best QB in the league, let alone turn into a player on his way to competing for GOAT status before the draft - otherwise he would've been drafted well before where he did. That's a fact.

My only point is people comparing Bridgewater to Rodgers need to re-evaluate the player. That's extremely high praise and IMO not even close to deserving.

Bridgewater is probably the safest pick from the QB group in the draft, his floor is still an average player. So if his potential is arguably the best QB ever, people wouldn't be putting Blake Bortles over him.

It's his comparison. Get over yourself idiot. You're a f*cking try hard. Who gives a f*ck what NFL teams thinks Bridgewater compares too shithead.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #24
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Quote:

Oh my god you're a moron...

From OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Gimme yours

Thread has absolutely nothing to do with what the mainstream media or nfl scouts (who knows what they think. so much of the shit you hear in the media is a smokescreen) think about Bridgewater it's asking what I think. And to me Bridgewater is an elite QB prospect on the level of Andrew Luck.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #25
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

Zach Bauman NAU - Ray Rice.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

This is what I should've asked from the beginning. I'm not saying you're an idiot or trying to be insulting, this is just discussion. That's why we visit this place, to talk about football.

How does Bridgewater have the potential to be Aaron Rodgers?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #27
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

Quote:
This is what I should've asked from the beginning. I'm not saying you're an idiot or trying to be insulting, this is just discussion. That's why we visit this place, to talk about football.

When I think of Teddy's strengths and weaknesses they align with those of Rodgers. Without going into too much detail - Likes to throw from the pocket but has the athleticism and skills to throw the ball well rolling out or being flushed out. Great accuracy (makes some amazing throws). Supposed weaknesses are that he's smallish and not a vocal leader. Sounds a lot like Rodgers to me. Of course no comparison is 100% but Rodgers is the best one.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #28
Smook A.
Hou Rox

Quote:

Read their scouting reports. Its almost the same thing. Look at their highlights. Notice how they throw and move around the pocket
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:

Okay. Here's where I'm going to throw my .02.

Here's why your argument is being disputed.

1. It's a guys opinion.
2. It's a comparison of a player not the equivalence of a player

**3.(big one) your argument as to why Teddy Bridgewater cannot be compared to Aaron Rodgers is because Bridgewater won't go #1 in the draft or be the 1st QB taken. Teams like Blake Bortles better (this might be smoke screen)

But why does it matter if Blake Bortles might be taken before Bridgewater?

Alex smith was taken before AAron Rodgers?(who's better?)
Aaron Rodgers went 24th overall.(hmmm..)

So this is where your argument loses it's firepower.

So in this case, Rodgers was the 2nd QB taken at #24 pick overall.

Teddy Bridgewater will be taken as the top, or second QB taken in the first 3 picks.

This isn't the NBA where a draft is more you take the best player available first then you're team needs. In the NFL, it's all about what your team needs are.

I hope you see that your point contradicts your explanation.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: