Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default The Last Of Us Hype

EmpireOnline: 5/5

“The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and…may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment.”

“an easy contender for the best game of this console generation.”

OPM UK: 10/10

"amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure. This is Naughty Dog pushing the PS3 to its absolute limit. Over to you PS4.”

"It's better then anything we have ever played, not just from this generation, but from all time. Naughty Gods have delivered again..."

Edge: 10/10

And today, we get another 10/10 from Edge, which means Naughty Dog's latest is only the 15th title in Edge's history to receive a perfect score.

"An absolute masterpiece, better then Naughty Dog's more [treasured] possession...Nate Drake; maybe even better then The Twilight Princess herself."

I really don't care about the first two reviews but Edge Magazine is very reluctant at giving out perfect scores. In almost 20 years of existence, they only gave out 15 10's and more then half of those games are NOT from the current gen consoles.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

This and Man of Steel on the same day is insane
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pre-ordered!!
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

Only just started getting into the hype.

I watched a video of someone playing through the demo, and I was simply amazing. Looked genuinely terrifying. No games really hit on making zombies scary, but this game has got it down pat, the way a group of them will run at you is insane.

Not much of a gamer anymore, but this really impressed me, I'll definitely be checking it out.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My only issue is this, it's from the team that made Uncharted 3, and that game looked amazing, but wasn't because it gave you no freedom to do anything. I've been told (by people who played a demo) it is not the case with this game so I have fingers crossed.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
My only issue is this, it's from the team that made Uncharted 3, and that game looked amazing, but wasn't because it gave you no freedom to do anything. I've been told (by people who played a demo) it is not the case with this game so I have fingers crossed.

You're misinformed.
This game was created by Team B, which developed Uncharted 2.
It took them 2 years to develop Uncharted 2, and 3 years to develop The Last Of Us.

"According to USA Today, back in 2008, Neil Druckmann had an idea for a graphic novel about a father-daughter zombie tale. He and game director Bruce Straley saw the cordyceps fungus segment from the BBC/Discovery channel series Planet Earth, in which then turned into a major source of inspiration for The Last of Us's primary plot. Both were working on Uncharted 2 at the time. After the development of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves finished, some team members of Naughty Dog moved on to The Last of Us while the others moved on to start on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. The game has been in development for over two years."

Plus it is a completely different IP, why would you have no freedom in TLOU?
Completely different genre...

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 06-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IGN 10/10
Machinima 10/10
Destructoid 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer IT 10/10
Eurogamer Sp 10/10
Edge 10/10
CVG 10/10
VideoGamer 10/10
thesixaxis 10/10
ibtimes 10/10
PS-Lifestyle 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10
Digital Fix 10/10
Post Arcade 10/10
speciogames 10/10
Gamingbolt 10/10
Godisageek 10/10
OPM 10/10
Pushsquare 10/10
PS-Nation 10/10
Giantbomb 5/5
Techdigest 5/5
Gamesradar 5/5
TheMirror 5/5
Guardian 5/5
Telegraph 5/5
Gameblog 5/5
CheatCodeCentral 5/5
Adam Sessler 5/5
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^^^^^

Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

25/49 with perfect scores so far.
4/49 below 90.

In comparison, the game with the most perfect scores (Uncharted 2) for this current gen console had 39/105 perfect reviews.

96.70% so far on gamerankings
96 on metacritics (38 reviews)

WOW

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 06-05-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is as genuinely excited for a new game IP as I can remember probably since I saw the original Legend of Zelda came in a gold box, and you could save your progress right on the cartridge.

I've loved other new IPs in recent years, Batman, Dead Space, but I've always stumbled into them, bought them after the initial wave. Even the first Uncharted had already been out a year before I bought it.

I do understand Niko's statement (which is a pretty tepid expression of concern by the way). This game is being presented as a true open world experience, but so far the footage we've seen looks as impressive as Uncharted, if not more so, and the reason Uncharted could pull that off is by locking the camera in place for those incredible set pieces, which just isn't the nature of a true open world experience. If it's more limitedly open, like Uncharted, which is open within it's individual levels to a degree, but even then there's only one way to go, albeit possible multiple ways to approach a conflict.

Either way, I'm super pumped.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

IGN 100/100

Closing comments:

PlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is a true feat.

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013

So better then Uncharted 2? And "easily" better then BioShock Infinite?
Insane, can't wait till the 14th.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Online is getting solid reviews now, ticking it's way back to a pre-order.

I'm kinda shocked it is, because those "screen shots" or whatever looked kinda rough.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
IGN 100/100

Closing comments:

PlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is a true feat.

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013

So better then Uncharted 2? And "easily" better then BioShock Infinite?
Insane, can't wait till the 14th.
Let me have it!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The story’s impact relies greatly on the weight of the game's difficulty. After finishing, I replayed the first quarter of the game on the "new game plus" setting, which allowed me to carry over my souped-up weaponry and improved stats from the end of the game in a new playthrough. I found that, with the difficulty significantly lowered (you can't play new game plus on a higher difficulty than you finished the game), the story itself lost a lot of its kick. The Last of Us is most cathartic and believable at its most difficult, which nicely illustrates the primary way its gameplay and story intersect. -Kotaku

Thank ****ing god this game did it. It pisses me off to no end that Tomb Raider didn't.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-the...view-511292998
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
Rose
Moon Wizard

Something that I'm noticing about the "negative" reviews (polygon's lowly 7.5 is that if you like shooters you won't like this game. And some people are complaining about the mechanics being weird.

Although the absolute insanity going on, on gamespot right now is ridiculous.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: