Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #91
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blue Jays Season 2014

While Reyes is all kinds of awful at SS this year, having to use scrubs like Redmond and Rasmussen in a close game will generally burn you. The Jays got lucky with the mess Rasmussen made. Not so with Redmond.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #92
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So close, man. Got to move on to the next one, mistakes happen.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:29 AM   #93
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

I would very much like to go the rest of my life without seeing Redmond get high-leverage innings again. Not holding my breath on it though. Gibby seems to love the guy.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #94
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I would very much like to go the rest of my life without seeing Redmond get high-leverage innings again. Not holding my breath on it though. Gibby seems to love the guy.
This is why Santos is still important. He's sucked so far this year and is seemingly never healthy but when he is, I'll take him over Redmond in that kind of a spot every time.

Just because the team was winning, doesn't mean guys like Rasmus and Santos aren't important. I'll be very happy when both are back.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #95
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Stroman has been scratched from his start tonight He's not hurt, his agent just told him to hang tight. Trade? or he's being called up.
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #96
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Stroman has been scratched from his start tonight He's not hurt, his agent just told him to hang tight. Trade? or he's being called up.

wow! do we have a number 1 starter on the way?
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:17 AM   #97
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Stroman starting in Hutchison's spot. Fatigue, managing innings, call it what you want. If it's not injury related, I think it's a brilliant idea to rest Hutch here and there to protect his arm over the long haul. This is his first year back from TJ surgery, can't be asking him to throw over 200 innings (even though Jays said he has no restrictions).
Old 05-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #98
DJMason
High School JV MVP

So Stroman is kinda filthy. So glad he showed up today and will likely stay in the rotation leaving Happ/Hendricks to play the "who blows up first" game. My money's on Hendricks given how hard he's been hit. Also Happy has that ridiculous contract.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #99
brwnman

Stroman's slider is all kind of nasty. And he pitched well. I still have my doubts long term of him being a starter, but we need to give him every chance to fail as a starter. I think Hendricks would be the one that's going to out of the rotation, he doesn't fool anybody up there.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #100
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Hendricks sent down. I think he'll be back, probably next time Hutch needs to be pushed back.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #101
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

*Pelvic thrusts*
Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #102
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #103
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Honestly at this point forget planning the parade route, I'm taking it for a dry run.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #104
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This is the most I've been excited about a Toronto sports team during a season since the 2000-01 Raptors. But I'm not a hockey fan so I can't say if there has been any Leafs joy recently (probably not though).
Old 06-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #105
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This is the most I've been excited about a Toronto sports team during a season since the 2000-01 Raptors. But I'm not a hockey fan so I can't say if there has been any Leafs joy recently (probably not though).

I feel the same way, although I thought this year's Raptors became more exciting as soon as the players started getting more comfortable in their roles, but that's just my opinion.

I don't know your definition of "recently", but the 01-02 Maple Leafs were the last Toronto team to win 2 rounds in a single year, before losing to the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 in the ECF. Since you mentioned the 00-01 Raptors, I figure that's the same vicinity of being recent in terms of success.

If it's just which teams have made the playoffs, Leafs made it last year and the Raptors made it this year. Also, the Blue Jays could finally end that 20 year (not counting the strike year) drought of missing the playoffs and it would mark the first time the Raptors and Jays made the playoffs in the same year. The Leafs and Raptors have been in the playoffs in the same year in 00, 01 and 02. None of the big 3 teams have been in the playoffs together in the same year.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: