Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Rebel INS has decent reputation
Default What are your views on illeagal immigration?

i was having an arguement with a friend and he's pretty much a immigrant-basher. I am not sure what to think, i try to treat everyone fairly. However i did learn some things about it such as the United States have been using policies to indirectly cause immigrants to move in( i.e. the deal for cheap exportation of agriculture causing the farmers in mexico to be out of business). Can anyone inform me about the situation?
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What are your views on illeagal immigration?

well... as long as they don't come in and try to conquer the nation... why not?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

some claim that the costs of their social security caused by these illeagal immigrants are getting out of control. is that true?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

the staunch conservatives have always hated Social Security because the baby boomres will be siphoning a lot of the money away.

but as a smart American, I plan on hoarding cash under my mattress in the future so I can avoid that problem.

more realistically i'd buy bonds but... the mattress idea is funnier.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Its illegal. They are breaking the law.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

It's a tough subject to touch on.

People are coming here illegally because they have hard lives in their country and they want a better life. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a better life, but to risk your life and break the law to get there is wrong. The solution? Who knows.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel INS
i was having an arguement with a friend and he's pretty much a immigrant-basher.

Your friend, is an idiot.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Illegal Immigration in a nutshell:

REpublicans:

They are breaking the law. The economy will be able to sustain itself if we did not have extra Mexicans sweeping our floors.

Democrats:

oh comon. we are one of the richest nations in the world. I think it is our objective to share the wealth with everyone in the world. I'm sure our economy can handle it.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #9
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Is it right for the U.S. to suddenly claim there is too many illeagal immigrants when they previously wanted these same immigrants to be exploited as cheap labor.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

pretty bold accusations there.

im sure individual proprietors wanted cheap labor to save a few bucks to up their personal profits.

but to sya the US wanted them? better find some facts and citations to back up your assertions.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #11
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
pretty bold accusations there.

im sure individual proprietors wanted cheap labor to save a few bucks to up their personal profits.

but to sya the US wanted them? better find some facts and citations to back up your assertions.

I am taking a race and ethnicity class in school so i got some of the stuff to support my claim.

1) I mentioned that the trade deal (forgot the name) that makes it cheaper for Mexico to import agriculture, thus leaving the farmers with no work. No work means they need to move to the city or u.s. given mexico city is already very crowded, it shouldn't be a stretch to say they leave to go to U.S.

2) U.S. tax payers are funding a instution named School of the Americas, which trains the military for some Latin countries. They train terrorist tactics to use on the agricultural farmers. These military's purpose is to repress labor unions and peasant movements for land reforms. U.S. is pushing for the industrialization of the latin countries so 1) they can export agriculture 2) use cheap labor that isn't needed in the previous country.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Mexico sux and citizens there make **** for money. You cant say you wouldnt do the same thing in their position.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #13
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

we can still accomodate those that are here already but were running out of resources so my take is deport those that has been here less than 3 yrs and give those above 3 yrs green cards, then lets close the border, easier said than done.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:41 AM   #14
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they are legal, then I have no problem with immigration. If not, stay the fck out.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 AM   #15
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Abolish NAFTA. Get out of WTO. Tighten up border security. Give amnesty to illegal immigrants currently in America if they meet a specific criteria; i.e., no felonies, no identity theft, they paid taxes, etc.

This will help the workers of Mexico and America. But it's bad for the super-rich, so it won't happen.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: