Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Dark Souls 2

Prepare to die...again...

Following Dark Souls, an instant classic, after a few years the next one is being released 3-11-14.

Who's getting this? I know I am, probably the most difficult game and most satisfying I have ever played.

Announcement Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6uyuIQYlfY

Making of Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB4Ke5F78QQ

Making of Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOhUwTkKOY

Gameplay Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY
Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:38 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dark Souls 2

Had this pre-ordered since last summer (it was part of a pre-order 3, get each for $39 deal). I can't wait. Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time. I don't expect this to be a revolutionary leap given that it's still on PS3/X360 but a new story, new enemies and fine tuning is all I need. The core combat mechanics of Dark Souls are so good that small tweaks is all they need.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterglidedrxlr22 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn.....I still have to play Dark Souls. Been playing MGS4 (never completed it) in preparation for the MGS games coming out this year. Dark Souls will be next! I'll pick up DS2 in a few months.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Had this pre-ordered since last summer (it was part of a pre-order 3, get each for $39 deal). I can't wait. Dark Souls is one of my favourite games of all time. I don't expect this to be a revolutionary leap given that it's still on PS3/X360 but a new story, new enemies and fine tuning is all I need. The core combat mechanics of Dark Souls are so good that small tweaks is all they need.

Ya after watching the Devs talk in those videos its reassuring they didnt sell out and make the game easier/change a lot of the mechanics.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Got my shipping notice for it today. I bought it on PS3 since that what I've played the Souls games on so far. I probably should wait for the PC version but ehhhhh I don't have the patience.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

I'm picking up my copy before work tomorrow. I'll start playing it when I get home from work. I'll read the instruction book at work. I can't wait!!! Dark Souls was so addictive. I beat it..left it for a couple months and than I would always come back to it. Amazing game. Looking forward to this.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gamefly didn't ship this to me, fuggg.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:25 AM   #8
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

cant wait for this game to fvck my ass
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
cant wait for this game to fvck my ass

no metaphor
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #10
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Spoiler free early impressions:

Got Dark Souls 2 today for both ps3 and xbox. First thing I noticed- It doesn't come with a manual! Lame! Though somewhat forgivable in Dark Souls' case because it adds to the "figure it out yourself" aura of the game. But we all know they did it to cut costs.

The graphics and atmosphere are GREAT! I wasn't a huge fan of those aspects in Dark Souls 1. I am also loving the enemy design so far.

Combat and controls feel as tight as ever.

Difficulty seems to be the same as the other two, it's still a tough game. I have been playing without a shield though, but that's how I always play. And I don't use magic or bows.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #11
Spaulding
It's Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Spoiler free early impressions:

Got Dark Souls 2 today for both ps3 and xbox. First thing I noticed- It doesn't come with a manual! Lame! Though somewhat forgivable in Dark Souls' case because it adds to the "figure it out yourself" aura of the game. But we all know they did it to cut costs.

The graphics and atmosphere are GREAT! I wasn't a huge fan of those aspects in Dark Souls 1. I am also loving the enemy design so far.

Combat and controls feel as tight as ever.

Difficulty seems to be the same as the other two, it's still a tough game. I have been playing without a shield though, but that's how I always play. And I don't use magic or bows.

Ya weird there was no manual, but you're right it kinda fits with theme. I did'nt really care regardless. What weapon and class did you choose? Curious. I went Warrior and I am using a +4 Bastard Sword.

I have been playing the heck out of it. Very very good game. I'm about 15 hours into it and I am unlocking new areas, farming and dieing of course. A lot of trial and error as I refuse to look online for assistance.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

Can't wait until the PC release
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #13
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

Loving it so far. Too bad work and other things have to get in the way.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #14
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
Ya weird there was no manual, but you're right it kinda fits with theme. I did'nt really care regardless. What weapon and class did you choose? Curious. I went Warrior and I am using a +4 Bastard Sword.

I have been playing the heck out of it. Very very good game. I'm about 15 hours into it and I am unlocking new areas, farming and dieing of course. A lot of trial and error as I refuse to look online for assistance.

Using a swordsman. Scimitar +3 and a longsword +3 for backup. I love the warriors starting armor. Magnifique!
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

pursuer

8-(
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: