Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: So, how many games does Kobe get for the pushoff on Jaric?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYHEXIjzEY
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #17
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

i don't think he should be suspended, but i do think he will get one game.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #18
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
context here by your logic the mailman should of been permamnently banned when he elbowed david robinson and put him to sleep.

Yeah, I think Malone should have been punished a lot more than he was for his dirty play. So that's a poor example.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #19
goldgrill4me
Banned

goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far

it was obviously intentional and there is precedent for star players being suspended for blatant elbows to the face.......just ask karl malone.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The ranting, personal insults and crap (and reasonable responses to it) was deleted.

Just have a normal, intelligent discussion about the incident.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #21
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

This one looks even more obvious than the Ginobili hit. I don't know what goes through Kobe's mind when he's pulling this off. It's not only poor sportsmanship but dangerous too. An elbow to the face ****ing hurts! I wouldn't be surprised if the league now suspends him for multiple games since he's a repeat offender.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
number23
Decent playground baller

number23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kobe Bryant nails Jaric in face, similar to Manu incident

He should get suspended for that being the equivalent of a flop down the lane. He does that crap to look like he got fouled. I HATE FLOPPING.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #23
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Im obviously not a Kobe fan, but this is getting out of control...

he hit Jaric in the face.... so what?

It seems like its some kind of reflex Kobe has to push off when his shot is contested to that degree....but the suspension talk is ridiculous

Offensive foul = Yes
Suspension = Hell no

NBA cant afford to be this soft with the calls
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I don't like Kobe, but somehow this just doesn't bother me much. So he's gotten caught hitting guys in the face out of frustration...that **** happens all the time. It's a physical game, and tempers flare occasionally. Sneaky elbows and shoves are pretty common.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #25
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

i don't think he is intentionally trying to nail people. If he gets suspended again hopefully it'll get Kobe out of the habit of flailing his arms around to try and draw calls when he gets stripped/blocked.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I don't like Kobe, but somehow this just doesn't bother me much. So he's gotten caught hitting guys in the face out of frustration...that **** happens all the time. It's a physical game, and tempers flare occasionally. Sneaky elbows and shoves are pretty common.
I don't know. Cracking someone in the face with an elbow out of frustration does not happen all the time, I don't think. Otherwise, you would see guys on the floor in a heap a lot more often.

I wasn't so sure after seeing the first one if it was accidental or not. This one looked a lot worse to me. Kobe deserves to get suspended.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

This is really what we argue about now?

Please God, let the NBA give us something to have a real debate about.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe is suspended for one game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2790534
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #29
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

I'm pretty sure Kobe flails his arms like that to draw a foul, not so as to intentionally hit a guy in the face. You know, because drawing the foul actually gives him some kind of advantage, where hitting the guy in the face does nothing for him.

The problem is that when he flails like that, sometimes they get hit. It's worth a T and a fine for sure, but to think that could get you suspended for a game for that is silly.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #30
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMshooter
I'm pretty sure Kobe flails his arms like that to draw a foul, not so as to intentionally hit a guy in the face. You know, because drawing the foul actually gives him some kind of advantage, where hitting the guy in the face does nothing for him.

The problem is that when he flails like that, sometimes they get hit. It's worth a T and a fine for sure, but to think that could get you suspended for a game for that is silly.
Reggie Miller was the biggest 'arm flailer' ever. I don't remember him ever elbowing someone in the face. It is obvious that Kobe needs to work on his flailing. He isn't very good at it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: