Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Rousey is an Olympic level Judo fighter. If they ended up in a clinch, there's a good chance Floyd ends up on his back.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
This debate is silly to me. She won't even get close enough for any sort of takedown. Fight is over in like 30 seconds.

how often does floyd ko people tho?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #18
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

i think Floyd is a great boxer but thats a very far cry from calling him the best fighter. when u win on points and crap like that its not real fighting to me. its the art of boxing maybe but not all encompassing fighting. MMA is pretty much all encompassing fighting styles, just so much more to it like a real fight than what boxing is.

this ..

one of the best boxers .. not fighters .. he's not incorporating everything so it's not a true fight .. I'd give her a shot but wouldn't be surprised if he kicked her ass though .. men vs. women fights are not a good bet for the female since men just have more brute strength and can overpower
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I think Floyd would completely demolish her...in less than 30 seconds too

it would be different if she had a significant size advantage on Floyd, but she doesn't...she is 5'6" 135 lbs

Floyd is 5'8" 150 lbs

I don't think many people really understand the advantage than males have over females in athletic terms...the 100th ranked male tennis player would demolish Venus or Serenna Williams in tennis...just like a male college bball team would demolish a WNBA team

the difference is too extreme for "ground skills" to overcome...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

furthermore, how many female MMA fighters are there?...it is probably so few that damn near any woman can enter the sport and be a "name" lol
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

I trained a little bit of Judo. There were times I was paired up with a female with more experience that was the same size. Reason being there is a certain man strength that evened out the experience. Even with my lack of experience I was still overpowering. Paired with the fact that I was competitive in Kenpo Karate so I had fighting experience under my belt.

Point being, and not trying to be sexist, but there is a male aspect that will generally give the man an advantage. Whether it's the more conditioned and multiple muscle fibres, to the general the animal instinct. 2 people of the same size both with fighting experience I will give it to the male. Also Floyd is a world class boxer. His footwork alone will give him natural ability to avoid takedowns or clinches
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #22
ForeverHeat
Banned

If they are fighting MMA rules, it really is a complete toss up. The fight would likely be over within 10 seconds of the moment the action begins. Either Rousey would get destroyed by a unprotected (barely gloved) punch by Floyd which she wont be able to protect herself from, or she will manage to grab him and its over for him from there since a guy whos inexperienced in wresting, judo and muay thai cant hope to beat someone who is one of the best in the world, even if she is a woman.

EDIT: That said, with sufficient training (6 months to a year), and with a basic defense, Floyd will wreck her.

Last edited by ForeverHeat : 03-07-2014 at 06:36 PM.
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Haha
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I trained a little bit of Judo. There were times I was paired up with a female with more experience that was the same size. Reason being there is a certain man strength that evened out the experience. Even with my lack of experience I was still overpowering. Paired with the fact that I was competitive in Kenpo Karate so I had fighting experience under my belt.

Point being, and not trying to be sexist, but there is a male aspect that will generally give the man an advantage. Whether it's the more conditioned and multiple muscle fibres, to the general the animal instinct. 2 people of the same size both with fighting experience I will give it to the male. Also Floyd is a world class boxer. His footwork alone will give him natural ability to avoid takedowns or clinches

leg kicks will mess up his boxing tho. i honestly think Rousey has a good chance. If Floyd were a power puncher i think she'd have less of one.

(talking in general to others who posted) the whole man vs woman thing i get but there have been some severe size/strength differences between men in MMA, i mean huge especially in early UFC tourney days with some body builder looking steroided monsters and that tall Gracie toothpick guy completely controlling them.

i just think ground advantage is such a huge factor to controlling fights where as stand up is a lot more hit and miss literally...and Floyd would have to have good sprawl to at least stop Rousey ground control.

maybe my perceptions of them is off but i'd have though Rousey has more meat to her than Floyd. floyd's got some skinny ass legs that look prone to leg kicks to me and screw up his timing.

yeah maybe manly brute strength will overcome any chance she has but i'd honestly love to see it because i think its a lot closer a fight than people think.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #25
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

If Rousey could get the fight to the ground...she has a legit chance ( actually a very good chance to submit PBF)

The problem would be trying to get PBF on the ground....even though I'm sure his wrestling sucks and Rhonda is a world Class Grappler...PBF is much stronger and if he punches RR in the face about 10 times before she could get a hold of him....she would most likely quit.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #26
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
If Rousey could get the fight to the ground...she has a legit chance ( actually a very good chance to submit PBF)

The problem would be trying to get PBF on the ground....even though I'm sure his wrestling sucks and Rhonda is a world Class Grappler...PBF is much
stronger
and if he punches RR in the face about 10 times before she could get a hold of him....she would most likely quit.
Stronger, you say?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #27
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Stronger, you say?

Did I say " Much stronger"???....maybe not........

PBF got that teenager angst strungth....Rhonda got dat Fat neighbor kid strungth..

PBF slightly stronger...but much faster running away.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #28
Flash31
Local High School Star

Anybody even entertaining the idea of Ronda winning or even lasting long is stupid.

Floyd is one of the goat boxers,and one of if not the goat defensive fighter not to mention his footwork.Hes lightning fast with his punches and the best pro male boxers have a hard time avoiding it and they get hit and Thats WITH boxing gloves.

You put Floyd in those mma gloves,no boots and mma trunks ,
shell get hit 5-10 times hard without even seeing them coming.

Floyd fights against males and the best in boxing and he knocks down a lot,others use as target practice.
An unseasoned untrained female in boxing and how to avoid them would get wrecked.

Even if somehow Ronda takes him down,shes going to be eating shots which she cant take.She wont be able to do an armbar or hold.

This isn't Old,worn out,way way past his prime and out of shape Toney vs Couture,
youre talking about the best boxer on the planet up against a woman his size.

Floyd may not look like he hits hard but thats against other top male pros BIGGER than Him and with boxing gloves.
Same size,mma gloves,and a girl--come on

Its a lose-lose for Floyd.
He can't win against a woman and he can't lose.
He can't knock her out quick bc of that and he cant make her last bc of that.

There's not even a point.
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Floyd would rape this chick
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

yeah maybe manly brute strength will overcome any chance she has but i'd honestly love to see it because i think its a lot closer a fight than people think.

Rousey just overtook Mayweather in the poll... so apparently plenty of people think Ronda would win.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: