Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #31
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Default Re: Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Rousey just overtook Mayweather in the poll... so apparently plenty of people think Ronda would win.

Plenty of people just hate Floyd.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Rousey just overtook Mayweather in the poll... so apparently plenty of people think Ronda would win.
I am sure a large % of the people voting weren't taking it the least bit seriously

if this was an actual fight I promise you that the 135 lb female would be the strong underdog to the 150 lb world class boxer
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #33
ForeverHeat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
Anybody even entertaining the idea of Ronda winning or even lasting long is stupid.

Floyd is one of the goat boxers,and one of if not the goat defensive fighter not to mention his footwork.Hes lightning fast with his punches and the best pro male boxers have a hard time avoiding it and they get hit and Thats WITH boxing gloves.

You put Floyd in those mma gloves,no boots and mma trunks ,
shell get hit 5-10 times hard without even seeing them coming.

Floyd fights against males and the best in boxing and he knocks down a lot,others use as target practice.
An unseasoned untrained female in boxing and how to avoid them would get wrecked.

Even if somehow Ronda takes him down,shes going to be eating shots which she cant take.She wont be able to do an armbar or hold.

This isn't Old,worn out,way way past his prime and out of shape Toney vs Couture,
youre talking about the best boxer on the planet up against a woman his size.

Floyd may not look like he hits hard but thats against other top male pros BIGGER than Him and with boxing gloves.
Same size,mma gloves,and a girl--come on

Its a lose-lose for Floyd.
He can't win against a woman and he can't lose.
He can't knock her out quick bc of that and he cant make her last bc of that.

There's not even a point.

Your right about everything except that. What does Floyd know about stopping a arm bar? Or a kimura? If she manages to take him down, and thats a big IF, then she will win 99% of the time. And for the guy saying she will quit after 10 hits, if she took 10 hits she may have to quit living. No chick is taking 10 hits from a Floyd Mayweather who is basically fighting gloveless and then quitting of her own accord lol. One punch and shes into next Tuesday.
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

As impressive as Rousey has been it's worth noting that all of her matches have been against women. The world record bench press for a 132 pound woman is 300. For a 148 pound man it's 448. Neither Rousey nor Mayweather could set the record for their weight class but it should put into some kind of perspective the difference in strength between peak male and female athletes of their weight classes. Mayweather is unaccustomed to the kind of attacks he'd face in MMA but there's no way that Rousey is used to fighting bigger, stronger that are trying to hurt her and are expert at throwing punches. If you throw the pair into the octagon right now Rousey has a small chance because Mayweather isn't used to thinking like an MMA fighter and could fall victim to some rookie submission and may not even know all the rules. But that's not how fights work. They know who they're fighting months in advance and get a lot of time to prepare for the match. Mayweather doesn't have to be turned into a truly complete fighter like he would if he was taking on men, he just needs to be taught some submission defense. Rousey has never faced anyone with Mayweather's hand speed, punching power or punching accuracy. He'd only need to tag her once and it'd be over.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #35
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
It would be a draw

Ronda would just lay on her back and butt scoot and floyd isn't dumb enough to go in her guard

nothing would happen

yeah you're probably right, thats exactly what she would do. i don't think she would attempt to stand up with floyd at all. forgot about how they always pull that against superior stand up opponents.

would be real anti climactic with floyd probably talking trash telling her to get up, and Rousey just laying on her back talking trash from the ground inviting him in.

i really do think people are overestimating Floyd KO'ing Rousey in a punch or even few punches even with MMA gloves on. i just don't feel his punch power is anywhere near how people are portraying, i dn't think him or his wight have heavy hand punch power like the bigger fighters. and Rousey is as mean and tough as they come...i mean meaner than most guys with some screws loose. she makes me laugh how angry she is...like the biggeest chip on her shoulder a human being could have.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #36
9erempiree
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
As impressive as Rousey has been it's worth noting that all of her matches have been against women. The world record bench press for a 132 pound woman is 300. For a 148 pound man it's 448. Neither Rousey nor Mayweather could set the record for their weight class but it should put into some kind of perspective the difference in strength between peak male and female athletes of their weight classes. Mayweather is unaccustomed to the kind of attacks he'd face in MMA but there's no way that Rousey is used to fighting bigger, stronger that are trying to hurt her and are expert at throwing punches. If you throw the pair into the octagon right now Rousey has a small chance because Mayweather isn't used to thinking like an MMA fighter and could fall victim to some rookie submission and may not even know all the rules. But that's not how fights work. They know who they're fighting months in advance and get a lot of time to prepare for the match. Mayweather doesn't have to be turned into a truly complete fighter like he would if he was taking on men, he just needs to be taught some submission defense. Rousey has never faced anyone with Mayweather's hand speed, punching power or punching accuracy. He'd only need to tag her once and it'd be over.

no dummy.

Floyd can just walk in and beat her.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #37
9erempiree
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
yeah you're probably right, thats exactly what she would do. i don't think she would attempt to stand up with floyd at all. forgot about how they always pull that against superior stand up opponents.

would be real anti climactic with floyd probably talking trash telling her to get up, and Rousey just laying on her back talking trash from the ground inviting him in.

i really do think people are overestimating Floyd KO'ing Rousey in a punch or even few punches even with MMA gloves on. i just don't feel his punch power is anywhere near how people are portraying, i dn't think him or his wight have heavy hand punch power like the bigger fighters. and Rousey is as mean and tough as they come...i mean meaner than most guys with some screws loose. she makes me laugh how angry she is...like the biggeest chip on her shoulder a human being could have.

Did you get picked on by girls as a kid. How you are describing this fight so vividly can only be done through experience. I hate to act like a sexist pig but in this scenario. There really is no competition.

Seeing how quick Floyd is and she is lying on the ground. He would probably just kick the crap out of her. A big boot. With the strength advantage of men, you honestly think a woman can grapple a grown man while laying on the ground?
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Did you get picked on by girls as a kid. How you are describing this fight so vividly can only be done through experience. I hate to act like a sexist pig but in this scenario. There really is no competition.

Seeing how quick Floyd is and she is lying on the ground. He would probably just kick the crap out of her. A big boot. With the strength advantage of men, you honestly think a woman can grapple a grown man while laying on the ground?

you ever watch MMA? he can kick her as much as he wants, kicking her legs when she's in guard position isn't going to hurt her.

this is all in fun since the match will never happen but i do think MMA and especially BJJ > all other fighting styles where boxing is such a fraction of being a complete fighter. weaker people have beaten much stronger and bigger opponents with it. Arm bar is not that hard to put on, and he's completely screwed IF she can get it at any point period. Big IF but that is something i'd swear by....man vs woman or not.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #39
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Quote:

Would you be able to take a punch from Floyd?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #40
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Would you be able to take a punch from Floyd?

well if i just stood there and let him hit me square obviously not. but lucky fighters have their hands up, move around, and in this case Rousey would minimize stand up opportunities by forcing him to the ground most likely.

i mean do you think Floyd could hit you square with one punch if you could put your hands up and move your head? let alone laid on your back waiting for him to come in at you?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #41
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
A dude is flexing out of any hold a female has on him while on the ground before it gets anywhere near a submission

It's science

lol ok. i swear a lot of y'all don't watch any mma i guess. not saying that can't happen but she's as good as any with arm bars
Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #42
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

Quote:
well if i just stood there and let him hit me square obviously not. but lucky fighters have their hands up, move around, and in this case Rousey would minimize stand up opportunities by forcing him to the ground most likely.

i mean do you think Floyd could hit you square with one punch if you could put your hands up and move your head? let alone laid on your back waiting for him to come in at you?

Of course he could hit me! Dude is quick as hell.

You act as though his punching power is crap though.

Are you saying that Floyd wouldn't be able to land any punches on this chick???????????????

Floyd is a smart defensive guy. So how will she get him on the ground so easily without taking any punches?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #43
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
People who seriously think she'd win are straight up delusional.

people thinking just because PBF is a Man/Boxer will " flex out of submissions"..or just KO her with 1 punch are equally delusional.

Transgender MMA Fighter " Fallon Fox" ( a man ) gets TKO'ed by a woman in a MMA fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjkrjBQflx4

Ronda Rousey is a world class Grappler and has been doing Judo since she was a baby...

just as PBF has been hitting Focus Mitts since he was still pissing his pants.

If she gets PBF in a submission or Choke...Most Likely he will quit or get choked out....least likley he will be "flexing out of it"

remember although he is a man...he isn't much bigger the Rousey....and has no idea what he is doing on the ground.

Like I said...the hard part would be getting PBF to the ground without getting hit in the grill ....

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 03-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #44
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Of course he could hit me! Dude is quick as hell.

You act as though his punching power is crap though.

Are you saying that Floyd wouldn't be able to land any punches on this chick???????????????

Floyd is a smart defensive guy. So how will she get him on the ground so easily without taking any punches?

oh he'll land some punches but not every punch is going to be some power punch. they're not all hay makers like people are acting. he'll most likely get like short punches in or something like jabs maybe if she stands up with him at all.

i don't think Floyd's punch power is that great so yeah you're right, well comparatively to some other boxers and even some fighters in general. if anything i think people are pretending like every Floyd strike is some power punch when he throws lots of less than half power punches. he's more like quantity not quality(pwer) so much.

i don't know, maybe Floyd might think he's just going to wreck her and just go straight in. and i don't think its that hard to shoot a boxer but theres a million ways it could go to geet Floyd on the ground, or Floyd KO'ing her if she tried i guess. too many variables with that hypothetical.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #45
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
I do MMA

A female won't be able to submit a resisting male. Maybe if he was asleep and she grabbed a limb and got all set up, aka totally unrealistic.

Dudes just naturally way stronger than a female. Soon as she grabs a limb and he becomes aware she's going for a submission, he will flex out of any bad situation just on the basis he's a dude and she's a female, the strength difference is way too steep.

where do you train?
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: