Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #16
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Cleveland @ Detroit

Big game for the Cavs tonight, will need a win here to maintain even a little hope of getting past Pistons for the 1st seed, and even if we don't get that we'll need every win we can get to stay ahead of Bulls.

Anyway think the key player as is so often the case for the Cavs will be Hughes, if he has a good game we could take this, if not we could get blown out.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

The problem with Maxiell is that he's not particularly good on the defensive glass. He brings energy, but he's not extremely fundamentally sound.

The Cavs can go ahead and have the top seed in the East.

1) The Pistons play better when they start off a series on the road.

2) It will improve their draft pick (I actually wouldn't mind if the Pistons fell even more in the standings)
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think it's possible for them to fall that much. They've shown that with a full squad they can play like crap most the game and make it close in the 4th against everyone in the East.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #19
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I don't think it's possible for them to fall that much. They've shown that with a full squad they can play like crap most the game and make it close in the 4th against everyone in the East.

This march schedule is actually rough as hell. Lots of games, and a west coast trip that could result in a lot of losses. The Pistons have been playing pretty poorly since Sheed went down, and I don't think it's just because of Sheed. They're in a little slump right now. At the very least they should be able to slide behind some of the other west teams to improve their pick.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #20
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I would be so pumped if cavs won the east.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I would be so pumped if cavs won the east.
While it would be good to go into the playoffs assured of home court, I'm not sure I want that target. I would rather go into the playoffs as the underdog that no one thinks has a shot. You can't really do that as the top seed.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Cleveland's never won the east tho right?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Can anyone on Cleveland make Billups...I dunno, realize that someone's guarding him?

Can Larry Hughes effectively chase Rip Hamilton around all day?

Actually, unless Gibson is back, Larry will start at point guard, and I think they've been starting Sasha in his place at shooting guard (I've missed the start of quite a few games lately, and to be honest, I don't pay that much attention until the 2nd quarter).

Given that, I don't see them putting Sasha on Billups, so you'll probably see Larry matchup against Billups and Sasha on Rip.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see the Cavs winning this unless they get a huge game from Lebron and 20 apiece from Larry and Z, and beat the Pistons on the board.

Lots of "ifs".

I hope I'm wrong, but I just think the Pistons are extremely deep when compared to the Cavs, and they definitely have more high caliber players.

Hughes and Ilgauskas have been so inconsistent lately, but Billups, Sheed, Prince, Hamliton, or Webber could all go for 20 or more on any given night.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #24
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Cleveland's never won the east tho right?
Definitely not in my lifetime. I don't think they have... no.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Actually, unless Gibson is back, Larry will start at point guard, and I think they've been starting Sasha in his place at shooting guard (I've missed the start of quite a few games lately, and to be honest, I don't pay that much attention until the 2nd quarter).

Given that, I don't see them putting Sasha on Billups, so you'll probably see Larry matchup against Billups and Sasha on Rip.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see the Cavs winning this unless they get a huge game from Lebron and 20 apiece from Larry and Z, and beat the Pistons on the board.

Lots of "ifs".

I hope I'm wrong, but I just think the Pistons are extremely deep when compared to the Cavs, and they definitely have more high caliber players.

Hughes and Ilgauskas have been so inconsistent lately, but Billups, Sheed, Prince, Hamliton, or Webber could all go for 20 or more on any given night.

Mathius

As long as hughes shoots over 45% we will do fine.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The problem with Maxiell is that he's not particularly good on the defensive glass. He brings energy, but he's not extremely fundamentally sound.
I'm a little more concerned with the energy level (because Wallace is returning from injury) than I am with his actual tendency to box out.

Of course, I haven't seen these two teams play each other this year.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow, LeBron just let Tay do whatever he wanted in the post. Prince looked so surprised he belw the layup
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #28
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

James is huge!!!...By his 10th or 12th year he may be like 265+....WOW
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #29
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

The Cavs look very good right now.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Good start for Hughes and the cavs in general looks promising, we're 15-6 when Hughes scores 20+.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: