Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Are you happy with your team's 2006 draft?

I am.

Give me Shane Battier over Rudy Gay right now and for the next couple of years. Shane just does things that don't show up in the box score to help us win. He's also a smarter basketball player than Rudy Gay will ever be. Shane is very big reason why we are the best defensive team in the NBA.

We'll have to wait and see about Steven Novak. However, looking at the guys drafted after Novak, I see nothing that I would say that I would rather have. Craig Smith, Daniel Gibson, and Paul Millsap look like they'll be solid players, but we already have Chuck Hayes so I don't see the need for another undersized PF (Smith). Gibson might be nice at the point guard, but he wouldn't be playing much under JVG, I think. He's also not the most refined of point guards (as far as the skills needed for that position). Millsap is a good player. I think he might end up being the guy that we should have taken, but I want to see what kind of damage Steve Novak can do when given good, consistent minutes. I'm using Jason Kapono has his barometer so I'm giving him a couple of years.

All in all, I give my team an A- for the draft since we snared Shane Battier, got rid of Stromile Swift, and picked up a deadly shooter.

Last edited by fatboy11 : 03-07-2007 at 01:32 PM.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Are you happy with your team's 2006?

Left "Draft" off the end of the title.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

I am. Ronnie Brewer is long and athletic and a welcome addition at SG. Dee Brown is smart and a great energy guy off the bench and off the court. And doesn't everyone know by now how critical Millsap has been to the Jazz's success?

A great draft for Utah.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
I am. Ronnie Brewer is long and athletic and a welcome addition at SG. Dee Brown is smart and a great energy guy off the bench and off the court. And doesn't everyone know by now how critical Millsap has been to the Jazz's success?

A great draft for Utah.
It would be a lot greater if Ronnie Brewer played.......
Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I am obviously very pleased with gibson the 2nd round pick. But Shannon Brown has been injured so we will see what he can do. Hes done quite good the past 2 games.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can edit titles.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess.

From this years draft class Bargnani sure looks to have some very good future potential. Then again, this draft blew and it wasn't exactly one where getting the #1 pick was that big of a deal.

As for PJ Tucker? Meh, it was only a 2nd rounder and while I wanted a more defensive swingman (has Bobby Jones done anything yet anywhere?), I guess Tucker was a solid pick.

I hope Bargnani can become a solid C like Mehmet Okur has been this year and last year. If Bargnani can reach Okur-level some day then I'll be thrilled (the people waiting on the next Dirk are kidding themselves IMO).
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
You can edit titles.
As*hole.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #9
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Toronto Raptors: Andrea Bargnani, PJ Tucker

I'm extremely pleased with our draft. I think Bargnani has enormous potential, and assuming he is dedicated to his game, could be a star in this league. He has huge range in his jumpshot, and has recently started going into the post on offense. He needs to improve his rebounding, but hopefully that will come along with experience. His defense for a rookie is pretty solid, help defense could use some work I think.

PJ Tucker is relatively solid in the few minutes he has seen on the court. I'm not really sure I expect anything from him, he was a 2nd round pick, usually it's a crapshoot as to whether you get a decent player or not. I don't have any real expectations, if he can give solid minutes off the bench in the future, I think I'll be satisified.

The real success of this draft is solely dependant on Bargnani, he's probably the rookie with the greatest ceiling in terms of potential. He's probably not the best rookie today (Brandon Roy) but the fact that he's already having a pretty significant impact off the bench for the Raptors is enough to lead to me to believe that he can be a great player in the league.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Too early to tell.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Too early to tell.
Right.

But as of right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
It would be a lot greater if Ronnie Brewer played.......

I'm betting you'll see plenty of him in the playoffs as Jazz players pick up fouls trying to guard McGrady.

Quote:
I am obviously very pleased with gibson the 2nd round pick

A nice young player.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Right.

But as of right now.

Not speaking in general, speaking in terms of the Sixers. Rodney Carney hardly plays. Mo Cheeks plays his major mins if not starting him then he has him coming off the bench. As of now he's injured. Bobby Jones the 2nd round pick is either in the NBDL or sitting at the end of the bench.

I dont know what to really make of either.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #14
fatboy11

Seems like Carney does OK when he starts.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Seems like Carney does OK when he starts.

Sometimes he is the kid at the front of the classroom asking & answering questions and other times he is the kid in the back of the classroom with his head on his desk. He's never wow'ed me yet this year outside of his incredible leaping ability.

I wanted Uconn PG Marcus Williams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: