Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Are you happy with your team's 2006?

No, I'm not happy with it.

Happy would have required NOT trading Brandon Roy.

However, Foye was the next best pick. So I'll say I was "pleasantly non-disgusted" with the draft, which is a welcome change of pace.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Ugh... The Suns had the 21 and 27(?) picks in the draft. Their biggest need of the offseason was someone who could backup Nash. Nash even called out the Suns management to find him a backup.

So... With Rajon Rondo and Marcus Williams both available at 21, the Suns trade away the pick for basically nothing.

And, they sell the 27th pick to the Blazers for 3 million cash or something like that.

They ended up wasting 25 million on Marcus Banks, when they could have gotten a player just as good or better at a fraction of the cost. It's been the same story the past three years.

So, am I happy with the 2006 draft? Definitely not...
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm happy with Rondo, and Powe is alright for a second round pick. But there was this trade that went on that only seems to have one positive result, which is a year less of Raef LaFrentz's contract, with the price being the 7th pick. This makes me a little less than happy. I guess I need to watch a tape of Sebastian Telfair in high school because right now I see no reason to regard him as a big deal. Can "NYC Point Guard" hype just die forever? Oh well. I'll give Telfair credit for this much: He has yet to publicly complain (as far as I know) and whenever the team is making a run he's cheering. So he appears to at least be a "good teammate."
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
the outsider
Kids at the park dunk on me

the outsider has an OK reputation so far

Pacers:

i am almost ashamed to say i am a pacer fan. larry bird has totally slacked and the pacers need to clean house in the front office, including; larry bird, donnie walsh and rick carlisle. J/O needs to be traded along with jamaal tinsley. troy murphy and mike dunleavy are good pick ups but we should also trade dunleavey to bring in an allstar center or big man who can lead a team. i say trade J/O and tinsley for brad miller and mike bibby. then trade dunleavy for magette and which would leave the pacers like this

pg-bibby / armstrong
sg-maggette / daniels
sf-granger / williams
pf-murphy / diogu
c-brad / foster / harrison

not a bad lineup

then all they would need to do is make reggie GM, Mark Jackson head coach.
the outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the outsider
Pacers:

i am almost ashamed to say i am a pacer fan. larry bird has totally slacked and the pacers need to clean house in the front office, including; larry bird, donnie walsh and rick carlisle. J/O needs to be traded along with jamaal tinsley. troy murphy and mike dunleavy are good pick ups but we should also trade dunleavey to bring in an allstar center or big man who can lead a team. i say trade J/O and tinsley for brad miller and mike bibby. then trade dunleavy for magette and which would leave the pacers like this

pg-bibby / armstrong
sg-maggette / daniels
sf-granger / williams
pf-murphy / diogu
c-brad / foster / harrison

not a bad lineup

then all they would need to do is make reggie GM, Mark Jackson head coach.
Okay.........thread was about the 2006 draft..........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the outsider
then trade dunleavy for magette a
Uh, how are they going to get LA to do that?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #22
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I won't be happy until either Flip Saunder is fired, or he proves me wrong and wins an NBA title.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Blazers: Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Alrdige, and Sergio Rodriguez. Yes, I'm happy.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #24
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Knicks

I disliked this draft. With our fisrt pick we selected Ronaldo Balkman, when Marcus Williams was still magically available. Now, we are giving big minutes to Mardy Collins (our second pick), due to all the guard injuries, when those minutes could be going to a star quality player like Williams. Although it seems Balkman and Collins will make two decent bench players with the Knicks.

Draft Grade: D+
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #25
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldn't call Marcus Williams "star quality".
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #26
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

TJ Ford for Charlie Villanueva - I'm happy with this only because of Mo's better-than-expected play. Clearly TJ has been better than CV thus far, but the final verdict won't be in for a couple years yet, and we do need big man depth. We also aren't paying $8 million a year for Charlie like the Raps are for TJ. So ok on this one.

Joe Smith for Ruben Patterson - Ruben has been one of our best players this year, so great trade.

Jamaal Magloire for Brian Skinner and Earl Boykins (via Blake) - Bad trade. We thought that it was neccesary to get Magloire off the team, but found out after the fact that he and Bogut were great friends. It probably wasn't neccesary. Magloire would have been a huge step up from Gadz off the bench, and now we have the risk that Boykins will excercise his option and come back next year.

Not much else to say about '06 except that it was the year of the injury for us. Hopefully '07/08 will be better.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #27
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I wouldn't call Marcus Williams "star quality".
Bad choice of words, compared to the rest of the Knicks guards, with the exception of Marbury, he looks like star quality. What I meant was "decent starter" quality.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #28
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Yeah but Isiah seems commited to the guard corps he has now, so Williams probably wouldn't see any burn.

Quote:
Ugh... The Suns had the 21 and 27(?) picks in the draft. Their biggest need of the offseason was someone who could backup Nash. Nash even called out the Suns management to find him a backup.

So... With Rajon Rondo and Marcus Williams both available at 21, the Suns trade away the pick for basically nothing.

And, they sell the 27th pick to the Blazers for 3 million cash or something like that.

They ended up wasting 25 million on Marcus Banks, when they could have gotten a player just as good or better at a fraction of the cost. It's been the same story the past three years.

So, am I happy with the 2006 draft? Definitely not...

Actually you forgot Sergio Rodreuguez who is looking like the best PG so far out of that class.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #29
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
No, I'm not happy with it.

Happy would have required NOT trading Brandon Roy.

However, Foye was the next best pick. So I'll say I was "pleasantly non-disgusted" with the draft, which is a welcome change of pace.

Well, anything would have been a change of pace from "no draft pick." :) :
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #30
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

im VERY happy that we got Iverson. imagine your favorite team picking up your favorite player. thats me.

im surprised we're a 500 ballclub, but i think we're actually more dangerous now than in years past. we finally have someone with killer instinct. i think with Kmart coming back and a chance for our club to get healthy we should have a solid 07'08
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: