Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Same game as last two but for 60$
And new shot meter is somewhat iffy, you cannot make a created player from a foreign country anymore


Buying the new console won't be feasible for me ATM, should I Trade this crap in?

Seriously wasted my money (my fault for not doing more research). Might as well have bought 2k13 or 2k14.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Yeah it's a total scam. If they wanted to release anything, they should simply release an official "season update" DLC for 10/15 bucks or something with the updated roster/commentary/jerseys.

No need to put that on shelves at full price.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Yeah it's a total scam. If they wanted to release anything, they should simply release an official "season update" DLC for 10/15 bucks or something with the updated roster/commentary/jerseys.

No need to put that on shelves at full price.
It's my first time buying a 2k game so it's not too bad I guess but why the hell can't you create a player from a foreign country? That sucks.
If I trade this is in for older versions is there a way to get current rosters on 2k13 or 14?
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
KobesFinger
Laker Gang
 
KobesFinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
It's my first time buying a 2k game so it's not too bad I guess but why the hell can't you create a player from a foreign country? That sucks.
If I trade this is in for older versions is there a way to get current rosters on 2k13 or 14?

You'd have to update it yourself because after a while 2K closes the servers for each game. I think the 2K13 one is closed. And also, the My player in 13 freezes during the 3rd season. I skipped 14 because of how many problems there were with 13 but I wanted a new basketball game.

And to create a player from a foreign country, just find the name of the country in alphabetical order. They don't have every country but they have most major countries aside from Canada (I think) because its in North America. They might have cities in Canada instead.
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
You'd have to update it yourself because after a while 2K closes the servers for each game. I think the 2K13 one is closed. And also, the My player in 13 freezes during the 3rd season. I skipped 14 because of how many problems there were with 13 but I wanted a new basketball game.

And to create a player from a foreign country, just find the name of the country in alphabetical order. They don't have every country but they have most major countries aside from Canada (I think) because its in North America. They might have cities in Canada instead.
No dude when you go to create a player the options aren't in alphabetical order anymore. It's sorted by NCAA conference

Look I've learned now that when I get my own apartment (hopefully soon) ill need to get a Xbox one and the corresponding version of this game, but for now I'm fine with this if I could just make international players!
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
KobesFinger
Laker Gang
 
KobesFinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
No dude when you go to create a player the options aren't in alphabetical order anymore. It's sorted by NCAA conference

Look I've learned now that when I get my own apartment (hopefully soon) ill need to get a Xbox one and the corresponding version of this game, but for now I'm fine with this if I could just make international players!

Damn thats stupid, in next gen its exactly how it was. EA needs to step up and create some competition so 2K can't put out half assed glitchy games that focus on presentation rather than gameplay
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
Damn thats stupid, in next gen its exactly how it was. EA needs to step up and create some competition so 2K can't put out half assed glitchy games that focus on presentation rather than gameplay
Yeah for sure. I sent them an email hopefully it will get fixed in an update. I'm using a friends xbox 360 ATM, how is it on next gen? Actual improvements?
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
KobesFinger
Laker Gang
 
KobesFinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Yeah for sure. I sent them an email hopefully it will get fixed in an update. I'm using a friends xbox 360 ATM, how is it on next gen? Actual improvements?

Hard to tell, I've only played 5 games. The teammate AI does less of the "hold ball until shot clock expires" stuff and will even pass to you even if you're a scrub. Its also easier to move without the ball. I used to get bumped and stuck all the time in 13. I still get bumped and have to fight for position but I rarely get held.

The MyGM mode is like association on steroids e.g. you have to balance your relations with the fans, the media, your players, your coaching staff, your training staff, your financial department and your owner. Your staff and finance department have traits of their own e.g. they might like to talk which affects your relationship with the media. Its heavy at first but I quite like it.

As I say, I haven't played 2K15 on current gen so I don't know what that has or doesn't have.
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #9
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

I've noticed teammates play smarter yeah so that's something. Like I said since I haven't bought 2k before its not really that bad for me. I just want international players and ill be solid. I already created a pretty decent version of young Kareem/Lew.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #10
Done_And_Done
D & D
 
Done_And_Done's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Embedded In Your Cranium...
Posts: 7,830
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
Damn thats stupid, in next gen its exactly how it was. EA needs to step up and create some competition so 2K can't put out half assed glitchy games that focus on presentation rather than gameplay



Seems like that's the norm with all publishers/devs these days
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #11
KobesFinger
Laker Gang
 
KobesFinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

OK I've played more games now so I feel more qualified to give a short review.

It really is 2K13 with a few things added or changed here and there.
  1. The game still feels scripted e.g. if you're not in rebounding position, the CPU will miss and the man you're guarding will get the rebound and score
  2. Commentary is the same (as 2K13!), exceptions being traded players, retired players and players who weren't in 2K13 e.g. Wiggins.
  3. No crowd atmosphere. You get the occasional chant of "three" or "DE-FENCE" late in a close game but thats it. Even in a stadium like MSG or the Rose Garden.
  4. Help defence is still a myth. I have to be a C otherwise the paint is a lay-up line, even a time like Memphis
  5. When a play breaks down the CPU still dribbles/holds for the remainder of the clock and shoots over a defender instead of passing
  6. Too much emphasis on guard play (isolations and pick and rolls) and not enough on big man play (low post). Your starting stats as a C are much lower in comparison to a PG e.g. hook shot vs jumper
  7. Still haven't fixed the speed glitch
  8. Your character will still do/not do animations you didn't want/wanted e.g. stuck his hands out instead of jumping for a rebound

Instead of addressing these issues, they do things which are nice for 5 minutes then get forgotten like adding cheerleader dances at half time.

This being said, the saving grace of the game s MyGM IMO. Its got so much depth its unreal. You have control over almost every facet of the organisation.

And bear in mind this is the PS4 version, supposedly next gen. My first 2K game was 2K11 and the only time I've felt there was a real noticeable change was going to 2K12
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #12
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt
 
Wavves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,025
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

I picked up 2k15 for my PC and enjoyed it, yet still end up playing 2k11 on the PC anyway. So much more fun.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ...Since 1994.
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

I have this game for both the PS3 and PS4. I was also irritated when I couldn't create a player from a Country rather than only a college.

To be honest, I am actually now more annoyed with the PS4 version. Is it possible to edit the roster or create a team on the PS4? I have created a player but I can't find any option to place him anywhere.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,494
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
To be honest, I am actually now more annoyed with the PS4 version. Is it possible to edit the roster or create a team on the PS4? I have created a player but I can't find any option to place him anywhere.

There is the roster creater in the options menu, there you can edit/create rosters.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ...Since 1994.
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: So apparently NBA 2K15 should only be bought on new gen consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
There is the roster creater in the options menu, there you can edit/create rosters.


Ok, thanks for the info. I could swear I already viewed that and nothing happened. I wonder if it's because I bought and downloaded the game from the Playstation store that it would contain some glitch? I appreciate your help and will go back and double check though.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy