Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #166
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron
 
LBJFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,360
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
anyone play Warface? its a free to play shooter gonna try it right now.

Game is filled with novices. I'm a level 20 and getting first place 8/10 times against level 30-35 players who have much better guns and armor.

How fun.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #167
Shade8780
Mavs fan since 1734
 
Shade8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 16,678
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

I've been going wayy back and playing my old WWE games. Started Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth season mode with Booker T a few weeks ago and even though I started off slow, I'm ****ing addicted now. There's two years in it, but I've been going through months per day recently. Just got to Wrestlemania in 2003 and have one year left to go. I plan to play the rest of the season modes in the other games when I'm done.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #168
TheWINdyCity
Dont Care.
 
TheWINdyCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: IL.
Posts: 368
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
10 hours into Dragon Age: Origins right now and have hardly cracked any of the main quest. How did miss this game when it first came out? Got that and DA2 in preparation for Inquisition cause I heard good things about the game/franchise. Straight addicted right now.

agreed dragon age origins was addicitng as hell for me as well. Unfortunately while still good dragon age 2 does not live up to the hype of the original.
TheWINdyCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #169
JimmyMcAdocious
Very good NBA starter
 
JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The biceps of a God
Posts: 8,218
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I've been going wayy back and playing my old WWE games. Started Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth season mode with Booker T a few weeks ago and even though I started off slow, I'm ****ing addicted now. There's two years in it, but I've been going through months per day recently. Just got to Wrestlemania in 2003 and have one year left to go. I plan to play the rest of the season modes in the other games when I'm done.

64 had the best Wrestling games.

No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO Revenge, WCW vs NWO World Tour, and WCW Nitro.

That was all my shit. Back when I gave wrestling a second of my time. I think it was Wrestlemania 2000 was the one with a create a wrestler mode. GOAT wrestling game.


Made me want to find some of my old video games.



One box. Missing a lot of games and some handheld stuff. Also the consoles... They're somewhere.

Found the Gameboy, GBC, and GBA. Lot of random games in mint because of those thick individual game plastic containers. A bunch from Japan since I had an uncle there who would just send me and my brother video games all the time. Would try to find how much some of them are worth, but damn if I'm not lazy. Guessing some of these old Gameboy Pokemon games are worth something.

Damn some of these games were expensive as ****. All my boxes still have the original price tags on them. GoldenEye was 76.99??

Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious : 08-18-2014 at 09:58 PM.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #170
Shade8780
Mavs fan since 1734
 
Shade8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 16,678
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

They're way before my time. My first wrestling game was the GOAT, HCTP, and I was only 4 or 5 then. I remember watching my sister and brother playing huge elimination chamber matches, it was great.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #171
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch
 
Ai2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
64 had the best Wrestling games.

No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO Revenge, WCW vs NWO World Tour, and WCW Nitro.

That was all my shit. Back when I gave wrestling a second of my time. I think it was Wrestlemania 2000 was the one with a create a wrestler mode. GOAT wrestling game.


Made me want to find some of my old video games.



One box. Missing a lot of games and some handheld stuff. Also the consoles... They're somewhere.

Found the Gameboy, GBC, and GBA. Lot of random games in mint because of those thick individual game plastic containers. A bunch from Japan since I had an uncle there who would just send me and my brother video games all the time. Would try to find how much some of them are worth, but damn if I'm not lazy. Guessing some of these old Gameboy Pokemon games are worth something.

Damn some of these games were expensive as ****. All my boxes still have the original price tags on them. GoldenEye was 76.99??

With the boxes in decent condition you can sell N64 for quite a bit its ridiculous!
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #172
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,062
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Has anyone played Injustice Mobile? Holy crap this **** is addictive.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #173
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 4,892
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Bayonetta 2 reviewing really well, I'm gonna have to pick that up soon.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #174
Rose
Hero in a half shell
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Pole
Posts: 34,967
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Bayonetta 2 reviewing really well, I'm gonna have to pick that up soon.
demo's on the eshop. Downloading as we speak just because of the reviews.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:19 AM   #175
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 8,053
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

I'd forgotten how much fun Jet Set Radio can be until I recently beat it again.

I'd had wonderful memories of it, and had run a couple levels here and there since I got it off PSN, but then I sat down and just played. And played and played and played. I miss games like that.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #176
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 4,892
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I'd forgotten how much fun Jet Set Radio can be until I recently beat it again.

I'd had wonderful memories of it, and had run a couple levels here and there since I got it off PSN, but then I sat down and just played. And played and played and played. I miss games like that.

Sunset Overdrive has a similar look to it and is coming out soon, it's an Xbox one exlusive though.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #177
CeltsGarlic
straight from...
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ...dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,951
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

New middle earth game is great. Gets boring at times, but it is a lot like AC, so thats a good thing.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #178
Shade8780
Mavs fan since 1734
 
Shade8780's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 16,678
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

With The Phantom Pain coming out this year and the Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection collecting dust in my bedroom, I decided to finally start the MGS series. I've began with the original Metal Gear Solid, which I got from the Playstation Store on PS3 as a PSOne Classic, and I'm having a blast so far.

It's pretty f*cking hard, but unlike most games nowadays, I constantly have the urge to play it. I'd play it for a while, decide to get off at a hard boss battle or something, look up the walkthrough, and then suddenly have an urge to play it again. The graphics are very outdated, but I love all the stealth and the crazy story. I'm only about a quarter way through the game, but it feels like I'm much further.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #179
outbreak
Custom User Title
 
outbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Steve Kerr's hairdressers
Posts: 7,296
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
New middle earth game is great. Gets boring at times, but it is a lot like AC, so thats a good thing.

I started this on the weekend. About 5 or 6 hours in. Seems pretty good but the combat system feels far clunkier and less reliant on timing or skill than I thought it would be but it seems balanced out by how easy it has been so far. Seems if you prepare well you can take on most things fairly easily. I did have trouble with one warchief though who was immune to everything except ranged attacks and finishers but I figured out if I got him against a wall on his own I could spam throwing knives until he was on low hp then just walk up and execute him with the quick time even thing.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #180
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 8,053
Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Super Time Force is a good game, but not quite as manic as I had imagined. Some of the bosses are pretty cool though and the clock being the biggest factor is cool. I guess I just pictured it really hearkening back to super duper hard games.

That's my fault not the game's. It's a fun title.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy