Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
number9baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

number9baller has an OK reputation so far
Default Should Kim Jong Il be eliminated?

Yes, he should and as soon as possible. kim jong il starves the majority of his citizens and operates concentration camp to frighten the citizens in order to make them listen and worship him with no questions asked. a large number of north korean citizens live in confusion, fear and poverty. i feel sympathy for them. if president bush declared war on north korea, i would be one of the first people to support him in this decision. what are your opinions on this matter?
number9baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Should Kim Jong Il be eliminated?

do you mean by the US or by his own people?
I agree with you that he should, but I don't think the US should do it. (unless he starts something)
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
number9baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

number9baller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
do you mean by the US or by his own people?
I agree with you that he should, but I don't think the US should do it. (unless he starts something)

north korean people cannot free themselves. kim jong il has the whole army on his side.
number9baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

US liberals will never allow Bush and the US to do so, regardless of the facts.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

nah, just leave North Korea the **** alone...

the only reason that North Koreans haven't rebelled yet is becasue those stupid US and UN people going into "Peace Talk" with North Korea. How long have those "Six Party Peace Talk" been? Those "Peace Talk" only end up senting more money and food to North Korea. While NK government spends all their money and man power researching nukes, US is feeding North Korean food so they won't stand and rebell (becasue NK government claims all the credit from handing out the food)
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

the reason North Kroeans cannot revolt is because they fear the military...

and if Bush ever wants to "liberate" North Korea, he is not doing it for the sake of helping its citizens, but rather to ensure NK cannot use weapons on the US
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9baller
north korean people cannot free themselves. kim jong il has the whole army on his side.

Well then by eliminated do you mean just him or his regime???
I took your questions to mean just him so if I read it wrong my bad. If you meant his regime, then there isnt much we can do. Like vince driving the porche to work said, the liberals wont let the US do much and also the US already has a big fight dealing with terrorism.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope he lives for at least another 45 years.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
the reason North Kroeans cannot revolt is because they fear the military...

and if Bush ever wants to "liberate" North Korea, he is not doing it for the sake of helping its citizens, but rather to ensure NK cannot use weapons on the US

good point. To the person who made this thread: We cant go around liberating every country with a bad leader. That would be us taking over the world.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

however. if Kim Jung Il proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he has nukes and has intention to use it on anyone, not just the US, then the damn UN better agree on taking him out.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

most of you on this thread have no idea what you are talking about.

The US needs Kim Jong Il, that's right they NEED Kim Jong Il to be in power and stay a threat as long as possible because it gives them a convenient excuse to keep nearly 100,000 US troops in Korea and Japan.

These troops act as a deterrent to China's military growth and keep the PRC in check making it difficult for them to exert influence in Northeast Asia.

Are you really so simple to believe that NK is a problem? they cant even feed themselves how can they attack anyone?

turn off Fox News and stop believing the BS American press and politicians and then you might see the real truth.

Kim Jong Il and his 'lunacy' is of great benifit to the US.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:22 AM   #12
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
most of you on this thread have no idea what you are talking about.

The US needs Kim Jong Il, that's right they NEED Kim Jong Il to be in power and stay a threat as long as possible because it gives them a convenient excuse to keep nearly 100,000 US troops in Korea and Japan.

These troops act as a deterrent to China's military growth and keep the PRC in check making it difficult for them to exert influence in Northeast Asia.

Are you really so simple to believe that NK is a problem? they cant even feed themselves how can they attack anyone?

turn off Fox News and stop believing the BS American press and politicians and then you might see the real truth.

Kim Jong Il and his 'lunacy' is of great benifit to the US.

actually you have no idea what your talking about. You really think the USA can afford to keep 100,000 troops in the Asia area while they are desperately short handed everywhere else.

Even if they did it certainly aint going to deter China from doing crap. That would be like me pissing on a 3 alarm fire. China has the largest amount of Military personal in the world.

Look what they're doing now

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...d/4600862.html

Only a die hard liberal would believe that George Bush or this country is benefiting from a mad man that wants us dead. Not everything is a conspiracy.

To answer the question though, We can't do crap to N. Korea, because we are already stretched thin in Iraq and have no short term solution over there. Its taking all the resources we have no to prevent that country from falling into a civil war.

We also don't have the support of the Allies, this current President was worn the worlds patience thin. One day something will happen with Iran and Iraq, but its going to involve a different US president and a different generation.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 03-08-2007 at 01:31 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #13
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
actually you have no idea what your talking about. You really think the USA can afford to keep 100,000 troops in the Asia area while they are desperately short handed everywhere else.

Even if they did it certainly aint going to deter China from doing crap. That would be like me pissing on a 3 alarm fire. China has the largest amount of Military personal in the world.

Look what their doing now

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...d/4600862.html

Only a die hard liberal would believe that George Bush or this country is benefiting from a mad man that want us dead. Not everything is a conspiracy.

To answer the question though, We can't do crap to N. Korea, because we are already stretched thin in Iraq and have no short term solution over there. Its taking all the resources we have no to prevent that country from falling into a civil war.

We also don't have the support of the Allies, this current President was worn the worlds patience thin. One day something will happen with Iran and Iraq, but its going to involve a different US president and a different generation.

your link only supports my point.

The US has had almost 40,000 troops in South Korea for the last 30 years.

They are actually moving the bulk of their forces away from the border to the central city of Pyongtaek where their air force is centered...hmm, why move a border war away from the North Korean border and increase air support?

there are also nearly 60,000 troops in Japan and they have also been there for a very long time.

These numbers have remained stable since the Iraq war and arent going anywhere.

They are there mainly because of China and if Nk becomes stable it takes away the excuse of keeping them there because NK is the supposed main reason they are there.

the real reason they are there is to exert influence over the region (keeping China from doing so), and that region has only become more important so they will be there for a long time.

believe what you want little boy, but the facts are facts and North Kroea is merely a pawn in a great game of geopolitical influence.

and by the way I know very well what I am talking about
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Bush coudl have handled the situation much better. This whole "no negotiation with turrists" nonsense is what gets us into all these problems. That and the fact that this bogus war in Iraq has taken our attention away from the REAL problems that America faces.

Oh, and now our military is so ****ed that we can't really goto war with another nation even if we had to.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #15
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

support bush. what's the worst that could happen?

btw is it true that bush wants to send troops to the Sun to fight global warming?

Last edited by 0ne50 : 03-08-2007 at 02:03 AM.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: