Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #31
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: Did We Just Witness Detroit Pass The Torch To LeBron ala Jordan in '89?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
Can we all get ready for 6 championships in 8 years? Will we see a level of basketball that hasn't been seen in our lifetime?

People, I really think we saw something special tonight. Witness LeBron and hold on to your seatbelts cause here we goooooooo!!!!

one game is WAY different than 8 years..
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #32
allball

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default Re: Did We Just Witness Detroit Pass The Torch To LeBron ala Jordan in '89?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And Spurs

I think they can beat the Spurs. They beat them twice this season and it wasnt just that they beat them since they were reg season games but they match up well with a slower methodical Spurs team if they can get the low scoring games like the series against Detroit last year.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #33
fundamentalist
I airball my layups

fundamentalist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Can we all get ready for 6 championships in 8 years? Will we see a level of basketball that hasn't been seen in our lifetime?

People, I really think we saw something special tonight. Witness LeBron and hold on to your seatbelts cause here we goooooooo!!!!

am i missing something? did he do something d-wade has not done? educate me on this- if you really think this pistons are a measuring stick for lebron then you must be a joke, they have no defense, chris webber is their center and rasheed is aging.
fundamentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #34
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundamentalist
am i missing something? did he do something d-wade has not done? educate me on this- if you really think this pistons are a measuring stick for lebron then you must be a joke, they have no defense, chris webber is their center and rasheed is aging.
Hahahahaha little one, if the Pistons don't have defense then there is no one with defense. Matter of fact, I'm going to make a thread that's dealing directly with this later on today.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #35
fundamentalist
I airball my layups

Quote:
Hahahahaha little one, if the Pistons don't have defense then there is no one with defense. Matter of fact, I'm going to make a thread that's dealing directly with this later on today.

hahahaha smart grade 3 teacher, do you know the meaning of defense? lebron had a free lane for a dunk to tie the game in the last minute and you wanna tell me that is a defensive team?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #36
allball

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundamentalist

they are a measuring stick because they are one of the best in the East right now. they have the best record.

They also have 5 all stars / former all stars.

BTW Pistons are 4th in the NBA in defense.

may not be the Pistons of old but they're here right now.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #37
fundamentalist
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
they are a measuring stick because they are one of the best in the East right now. they have the best record.

They also have 5 all stars / former all stars.

BTW Pistons are 4th in the NBA in defense.

may not be the Pistons of old but they're here right now.

: you have a point but whatr i was trying to say is why do lebron get all credit in world for what he did in 1 game and d-wade gets none for what he has done over and over. if you gonna compare anyone to jordan, it is d-wade not lebron.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #38
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
The only teams the cavs can't beat when they are playing there best are the mavs. And suns.

And Spurs... problem is that the Cavs don't always play their best... and if we even it up, and have the opposing team playing their best, you can also put Houston, Utah and Detroit in there...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #39
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
And Spurs... problem is that the Cavs don't always play their best... and if we even it up, and have the opposing team playing their best, you can also put Houston, Utah and Detroit in there...
, .
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #40
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

what are you lauhging about ? the spurs will whipe the sheit out of cleveland in a playoffs series, who cares about the meaningless regular season ? it doesnt mean jack come playoffs time.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #41
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
that'll happen if you turn gooden into rodman and hughs to pippen, also turn sasha into kukoc, yea after that, the cavs will be set

Do you see that happening?

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #42
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
what are you lauhging about ? the spurs will whipe the sheit out of cleveland in a playoffs series, who cares about the meaningless regular season ? it doesnt mean jack come playoffs time.

Yeah seriously, I'd love to see you guys match up agains Tim Duncan in the playoffs. Forgive the analogy but it's like taking Goku from DBZ (regular season Duncan) and going Super Saiyan. Can the Cavs stop Super Saiyan Duncan? I don't think so.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #43
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

and anybody who thinks detroit is better than SA deffensivelly needs a mind check, they allowed a damn open lane for a dunk to lebron to tie the game, yeah, legendary defense right there.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #44
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
and anybody who thinks detroit is better than SA deffensivelly needs a mind check, they allowed a damn open lane for a dunk to lebron to tie the game, yeah, legendary defense right there.

I can't believe I find myself agree with Lakers fans all the time on ISH. wtf? The only team that can even think about calling themselves better at defense is the Houston Rockets.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: