Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
djfleet
I airball my layups

djfleet has an OK reputation so far
Default Can they keep this up?

Cavs are finally playing with some fire, now winning 3 in a row against playoff bound teams plus the near comeback against Dallas. I'll be interested to see if they keep it up against Milwaukee or take the night off versus the inferior team. Also gotta wonder how much playing Hughes at the point is helping....seems to be working but tonight his shooting came back to the usual 40% region.

Kudos to the Cavs tonight
djfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Can they keep this up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfleet
Cavs are finally playing with some fire, now winning 3 in a row against playoff bound teams plus the near comeback against Dallas. I'll be interested to see if they keep it up against Milwaukee or take the night off versus the inferior team. Also gotta wonder how much playing Hughes at the point is helping....seems to be working but tonight his shooting came back to the usual 40% region.

Kudos to the Cavs tonight

I dunno, the Cavs team that I saw play last night against Detroit really overachieved. I just don't know if they can sustain that high level of play over the entire playoffs, let alone the rest of the season. And lets be honest, they blew a big lead last night as well, which is becoming trademark for them.

We'll have to see what they do against the Bucks. If they hold true to their early season form, they were showing up against tough teams (beating San Antonio twice), but letting easier teams kick their ass (The Bobcats beat them in their first game). If they keep that up, the Bucks should have a field day Sat.

We'll see. Any time you have someone like Lebron on your team you have a shot as long as you can keep the game close.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Yeah it's hard to say whether or not we can keep up this kind of play, we all know how our Cavaliers are, inconsistent as can be. We can look like a championship team at times, and then other times, look like crap against a .500 or less team. I must say, that since Larry Hughes started running the point since Boobie Gibson when to the injured list, we've been looking a lot better. He's a lot better of a player when he's pass first, shoot second. All year long he's been forcing so many stupid shots, and he's not a good jump shooter. But with running the point, the offense seems a lot more fluid, and it's making Hughes look a lot better. I think we need to keep this lineup and see how it goes, and if it continues to excel, we have to keep it. Sasha or Boobie can start at the 2. Hopefully when Boobie comes back, Brown still gets a solid 5-10 minutes a night, and Snow and Wesley stay on the f'n bench where they belong or get very limited minutes. I'm so sick of that all ready. Snow especially ruins everything about our offense.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
Yeah it's hard to say whether or not we can keep up this kind of play, we all know how our Cavaliers are, inconsistent as can be. We can look like a championship team at times, and then other times, look like crap against a .500 or less team. I must say, that since Larry Hughes started running the point since Boobie Gibson when to the injured list, we've been looking a lot better. He's a lot better of a player when he's pass first, shoot second. All year long he's been forcing so many stupid shots, and he's not a good jump shooter. But with running the point, the offense seems a lot more fluid, and it's making Hughes look a lot better. I think we need to keep this lineup and see how it goes, and if it continues to excel, we have to keep it. Sasha or Boobie can start at the 2. Hopefully when Boobie comes back, Brown still gets a solid 5-10 minutes a night, and Snow and Wesley stay on the f'n bench where they belong or get very limited minutes. I'm so sick of that all ready. Snow especially ruins everything about our offense.

I really think that Larry Hughes has mental issues in the basketball world. I'm not being funny and I'm not saying he's mentally challenged, or that he has problems in society either.

It's just that when he plays the point, he drives to the hoop.

When he plays shooting guard, he takes stupid shots, particularly jump shots.

During a recent interview in the Plain Dealer, he was quoted as saying he feels more comfortable with the ball in his hand at point guard because he feels he has more time in the shot clock to create.

He said when he plays shooting guard, he feels compelled to do just that... shoot.

Let's be honest, there's no great mystery to why Hughes is playing better. He's taking better shots. He's being aggressive and driving to the hoop.

I used to think he was afraid of getting hurt, since he's played so many seasons with under 82 games.

But now I think he definitely has a problem in the way he approaches the game mentally.

The idea that he has to play point guard to be aggressive and drive is the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: