Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 03-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Super Nintendo

anybody still play theirs?

Any suggestions on games to check out? I've already played the classics such as Donkey Kong, Super Mario World, Mega Man, Contra..

any lesser known games you guys would suggest? I picked up Plonk and it's been a pleasant surprise, although it has no saves or passwords so you have to beat it in one sitting, and it's extremely difficult to beat but it's enjoyable

Any suggestions?
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation
Default Re: Super Nintendo

Get the Star Wars games on there. I loved those games, so much fun.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

breath of fire, secret of mana, FF3, chrono trigger, dragon quest, lufia.

those jrpgs stand up pretty well to the test of time. other than that you got your classics like mario,zelda, metroid, donkey kong, castlevania but i think you already know those.

Another cool game is uncharted waters, i haven't played it in years but it's like a new world sailing game where you can trade goods and be a pirate. Can't recall which games were on which system though but I know there's a snes version of at least one of them.

I haven't played mine in awhile but I've just bought a cheap mini pc to set up with a mala or hyperspin front end as a dedicated console emulator for my study. Those first jrpgs are what I plan on re playing/finishing the ones I never finished.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

super nintendo chalmers
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

oh also earthworm jim is fun and megaman x
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

all the final fantasy megamans are dope, the power ranger game is good and legend of zelda of course
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #7
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

i spent a lot of hours playing yoshi's island as a kid.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #8
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Link to the past, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country, FF6

GOAT fkin games.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i just got link to the past on the wiiu eshop but haven't played it yet. It's the only zelda i have not played.

I still got a super nintendo i should look into getting chrono trigger.

Anybody ever play earthbound? I haven't.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
Get the Star Wars games on there. I loved those games, so much fun.

Super StarWars series.. I used to love those games too.. Star wars Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi

Also loved tecmo super bowl and tecmo basketball

Cant forget street fighter...

great fun
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:15 AM   #11
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Sunset Riders (if you liked Contra III you will like this even more)
Wild Guns
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario All-Stars
TMNT Turtles in Time
Megaman X / X2 / X3
UN Squadron
NBA Jam TE/HT
Super Punchout
Mortal Kombat 3
Streetfighter II
Super Castlevania
Star Wars return of the Jedi
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars empire strikes back
Alien 3

and if you are into spaceshooters/airplane fighting like i am these are must plays:

Parodius (Gokujou Parodius, Parodius non-sense Factory, Parodius 3 - Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius, Parodius Da)
Gradius III
R-Type III/Super R-Type
Strikegunner
UN Squadron
Axelay
Darius Twin/Force
Aero Fighters aka. Sonic Wings

Last edited by pauk : 03-25-2014 at 04:35 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
SwayDizzle
Local High School Star

SwayDizzle has decent reputation

UMK3, hands down best game of all time
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Anybody ever play earthbound? I haven't.

I emulated it years ago. Got on the wiiu eshop about a month ago with the intention of playing through it again, still haven't gotten around to it.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #14
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I highly recommend Super Smash TV. The premise is simple but the gameplay is flat out addicting. It's actually one of the few games I don't mind playing with an unlimited lives code because the feeling of plowing things down is so darn satisfying that I just don't want it to end.

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I highly recommend Super Smash TV. The premise is simple but the gameplay is flat out addicting. It's actually one of the few games I don't mind playing with an unlimited lives code because the feeling of plowing things down is so darn satisfying that I just don't want it to end.

That's a great and only somewhat well known game. My dad and I used to play it for hours on end.

Mutant League Football is another cult classic.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: