Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default OT: Am I The Only One That Finds Oprah Irritating?

I can't stand Oprah. I have no idea why every girl on the planet worships her like she is the second coming of Mother Theresa. Saying something bad about her in front of a chick is like mocking Christ himself.

2 reasons why I can't stand her:

1. It is said that when you give with your right hand, your left shouldn't even know about it. I can't stand the way she advertises her generosity. I won't lie, it still takes a whole lot of heart to give what she does, but I don't like her approach. There's no sincerity.

2. She has a major inferiority complex and encourages it upon others. I may be wrong here but this is the way I see it. When she wasn't allowed in the Hermes store in Paris and complained about it, it really killed me. They were closed!!!! And she said it was because she was black. Come on man.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
The Ghost
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Ghost has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: Am I The Only One That Finds Oprah Irritating?

I'm really annoyed by her Book club. I know people should read, and getting them encouraged is important, but some of the crap she chooses is horrid, and it's creepy the way people will do anything she tells them to
The Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
I can't stand Oprah. I have no idea why every girl on the planet worships her like she is the second coming of Mother Theresa. Saying something bad about her in front of a chick is like mocking Christ himself.

2 reasons why I can't stand her:

1. It is said that when you give with your right hand, your left shouldn't even know about it. I can't stand the way she advertises her generosity. I won't lie, it still takes a whole lot of heart to give what she does, but I don't like her approach. There's no sincerity.

2. She has a major inferiority complex and encourages it upon others. I may be wrong here but this is the way I see it. When she wasn't allowed in the Hermes store in Paris and complained about it, it really killed me. They were closed!!!! And she said it was because she was black. Come on man.

1. Most of the money or services she donates aren't publicized, and generally, when something is publicized, the purpose it to bring awareness to the matter at hand or has something to do with her show.

2. You're taking a few instances to characterize someone you don't know. That's entirely unfair, especially for those who live in the limelight.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

The thing that makes me laugh is she talks like a white woman and acts white, yet on Fresh Prince, they had her call Will Smith "young brutha". That was hilarious coming from Oprah.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I don't hate her, but some of her views seem Uncle Tom-ish to me. She still does way more positive than good though IMO.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
1. Most of the money or services she donates aren't publicized, and generally, when something is publicized, the purpose it to bring awareness to the matter at hand or has something to do with her show.

2. You're taking a few instances to characterize someone you don't know. That's entirely unfair, especially for those who live in the limelight.

You make some good points and maybe you are correct.

It just doesn't make sense as to why she is worshipped the way she is. It seems to me as if she makes sure she is looked up to. She makes that extra effort just so that she can be recognized.

Someone like Paul Newman on the other hand, you have to look and look hard to find the great things he has done. He never makes the effort to show off his good deeds. There are many others that don't need to let the world know of their work for humanity.

If it can be agreed that Oprah indeed does it for the popularity of her show, then I can give her respect as a ruthless and successful business woman. But never as a humanitarian.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

No one really minds when their girlfriend or wife sings her name in praise over and over and over like she is infallable?? With everything she says being dogmatic?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
The thing that makes me laugh is she talks like a white woman and acts white, yet on Fresh Prince, they had her call Will Smith "young brutha". That was hilarious coming from Oprah.
why is it an educated black person who speaks eloquently and carries themself well is accused of sounding or acting white?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Oprah is a good person, I sill remember when he gave everybody in the audience barnd new cars, that was priceless and she continues to donate her money, people who dislike her are just envy coz she got dough.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
Derek
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
why is it an educated black person who speaks eloquently and carries themself well is accused of sounding or acting white?

She doesn't seem like an Uncle Tom to you?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Regardless of all her flaws, the fact is that she helps more people then she hurts(if she hurts anybody at all) All those who say she acts "white" are bigoted. Funny how it is always directed at well educated, articulant black people(Oprah, Barack Obama)
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
Derek
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Regardless of all her flaws, the fact is that she helps more people then she hurts(if she hurts anybody at all) All those who say she acts "white" are bigoted. Funny how it is always directed at well educated, articulant black people(Oprah, Barack Obama)

Isn't Obama supposed to be Muslim?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
wow what does a persons religion have to do with the color of ther skin? how old are you and if i'm not being to forward what color?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #14
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Well base on nude photos of Obama it seems he's Jewish coz he's uncut down there, if u know what I mean.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Jewish do cut, they get a Moyle, it's a whole production
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: