Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
dropstepdunk
Banned

Default DYNASTY league, join for next year.

ok, so i know a few of us wanted to get a keeper league goin, so i went ahead and tried to spearhead alil something. i got good advice from this dynasty vet and i think i got the setup all good to go. first off, i only want active managers with good records and backgrounds, no dickheads, no fantasy neophytes and no cheating bastards.

so with all that out of the way, here are the rules and regulations.

Have you ever wanted to play in a really deep dynasty league? 20 Teams, 15 players per team. (This can be debated, depending on how deep of a fa pool we want... i like the depleted type so *****es can't add drop and it makes trades harder to negotiate...)

Settings:

League Name: Playin for Keeps
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Unknown
Number of Teams: 20
Scoring Type: Head to Head
Max Moves: No Maximum (or we can put a max so people can't cycle players)
Max Trades: No Maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 Days
Trade End Date: Unknown
Waiver Time: 2 Days
Can’t Cut List: None
Trade Review: Commissioner (or vote??)
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Weekly Deadline: Daily – Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, STL, BLK, TO

Keepers: 13 of the 15 players will be kept each year from each team.

Draft: The first year will be a live snaking style draft. Every year after year #1 the draft will start with an offline draft where I will add the 13 keepers to everyone’s team followed by a 2 round slow forum draft on the league’s forum here at the Café. (this is where i found these rules and regs, fantasybasketballcafe.com) The worst team from the year before will get the #1 pick and the best team from the year before will get the 20th pick in the draft. The second round will be the same order as the first round.

Waiver Rank: Year #1 - Order determined by the draft order. Year #2 – The worst team from the year before gets the #1 waiver rank, the best team from the year before gets the #20 waiver rank.

Trade Review: It will be commissioner review, however all managers will have a say. I won’t reject a trade unless 7 people post on the league message board saying the trade is vetoable.

Trading of Draft Picks: There will be no trading of draft picks in the first 2 years. In year 3 I may allow trading of draft picks.

2nd Year Timeline:

1. Have all 20 managers join including the replacement managers.
2. Teams will post their 13 keepers in a keeper thread in the League Forum.
3. I will complete the offline draft adding everyone’s keepers to their teams.
4. The 2 round slow forum draft will begin. When a pick is made, the manager should go to the league and add the player to their team as well as post their pick in the draft thread in the league forum.
5. Once the draft is completed, the league will begin.

so hopefully we can get 20 teams wanting to join this thing, i don't think it should be a problem. now, before signing up for this, please realize this is a commitment, for more than one year. also, there will be rules set on tanking, collusion and possible limit on moves.

pm me if you are interested or just post a reply on this thread.
dropstepdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
nkjordan23
I rule the local playground

Default Re: DYNASTY league, join for next year.

If you can get a full league as you stated, I would be very interested in joining. I like an active league so the more active the better for me. Im pretty crazy about this stuff so im down if you are serious about it. Send me the details when you get a chance.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
dropstepdunk
Banned

yeah, the league is for next year, so im sure we'll be able to get 20 people to want to join by then. the more people, the more competitive the league will be, so im aiming for that 20.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #4
demirci
Learning to shoot layups

I'd be very interested in such a league. Count me in.
demirci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:52 AM   #5
sonics0034
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I'm in
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Sounds good but I guarantee the league will fold in 2 years, people will just quit if they have a POS team, or plainly lack of interest.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

I am in.
rysharps7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
demirci
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Sounds good but I guarantee the league will fold in 2 years, people will just quit if they have a POS team, or plainly lack of interest.

If people want to give up their team, they can just post it here and I suppose someone would be willing to take over.
demirci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

I'm down.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Dtownsbest
Not airballing my layups anymore

Talking Re: DYNASTY league, join for next year.

U know u gotta count me in asap. This is gonna be worth bragging rights
Dtownsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
dropstepdunk
Banned

so if anyone doesn't have any qualms, im thinking of using yahoo, just cuz its the easiest and most popular. i will try to be a good commish, just realize ive never been one, but I'm sure I can do a good job. unless one of you guys is really power hungry and wants to be the commish..

has anyone ever done a dynasty league who can give us any additonal pointers or suggestions on how to make the league better? for example, keeping 2 prospects (2 years under nba exp?) on the roster out of the 13, and just overall suggestions on making it the best league possible..

i guess we can hold the draft a few weeks before the start of next season, i'll let everyone know the league info/pass all that stuff as soon as yahoo will allow us to do it for next year.

any other suggestions?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #12
nkjordan23
I rule the local playground

I have heardof leagues forcing teams to hold atleast one rookie player on their squad and it seemed to work out well. With a strong draft coming, i doubt it would be much of an issue anyway if you did enforce that rule. It is a keep league so it makes sense to me. If it was any other league, it would be silly.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
rysharps7
Decent playground baller

Keeping one rookie sounds like a good idea and something people would probably do anyways. I don't think we should vote on vetoes. I think your idea for vetoing if alot of us vote against it but I think you should increase the number to 2/3 of the league. I am looking forward to it though, I have been wanting to do a keeper league for awhile.
rysharps7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #14
Aus_GM
Saw a basketball once

Talking Re: DYNASTY league, join for next year.

Yeah i'd be in for sure... I've wanted to be in a proper keeper league for a while, not those hack ones that go for 10 weeks cause everyone quits. So if everyone that joins is ligit... im in.

My email is duff__man69@hotmail.com (2 underscores). Let me know when ur ready, ill keep checkin here aswell tho

Last edited by Aus_GM : 03-13-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Aus_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
JumperMode
Saw a basketball once

I am def in. I am in a twelve team keeper league and would love to join another. My email is witt2513@yahoo.com. Please email with details. Thanks
JumperMode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: