Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: Coach K

Why is he not getting critized for this season at duke. I think he is an overaated coach who can only play one style and this year proves it. I also dont get how people say he doesnt have talent but he has the most all americans in the country. Almost ever player on Duke was a HOFer but Coach K does a poor job developing talent.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: Coach K

It's one bad year, people need to give him a break. Every college analyst will say he's the hands down best college coach in the game, but when he's not doing too good, all of a sudden he's 'losing it'.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It's one bad year, people need to give him a break. Every college analyst will say he's the hands down best college coach in the game, but when he's not doing too good, all of a sudden he's 'losing it'.

every1 i heard gives him the benefit of the doubt blaming it on lack of talent. But thats not possible right??? Every1 is a All American on Duke, maybe its lack of development by the coaches.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
every1 i heard gives him the benefit of the doubt blaming it on lack of talent. But thats not possible right??? Every1 is a All American on Duke, maybe its lack of development by the coaches.

More likely it's having a young team and one that is run by an overrated moron at PG.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
More likely it's having a young team and one that is run by an overrated moron at PG.

But the announcer said Paulus is the best shooter at pg duke has ever had. And some posters here think he is the next great point guard(Stockton)
Old 03-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
But the announcer said Paulus is the best shooter at pg duke has ever had. And some posters here think he is the next great point guard(Stockton)

Who? Name one person.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Who? Name one person.

It was an ESPN announcer yesterday in the first half after Paulus hit two tough jumpers.

I dont rember posters names but your welcome to look.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

And that announcer and the people on here clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Paulus may be a decent shooter but that's about it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Sorry but I'm not buying. Show me a quote cause I don't remember hearing anyone on this board praise Paulus.

People aren't killing Coach K in the press cause the team is 22-10. Not great by Duke standards but still pretty good.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Sorry but I'm not buying. Show me a quote cause I don't remember hearing anyone on this board praise Paulus.

People aren't killing Coach K in the press cause the team is 22-10. Not great by Duke standards but still pretty good.

Greg Paulus the Next Great Pure PG(thread title)http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27638

one guy did say it
Old 03-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #11
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Greg Paulus the Next Great Pure PG(thread title)http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27638

one guy did say it

I was looking for that thread. I think Hateraid was just commenting on his passing skills not his overall game.

As for the original topic, Coach K may be a little overrated just because he is seen as a legend already, but much of that is deserved. He gets all the best players because he coaches at Duke and they have a very solid program built for players that want to make it to the NBA. Pretty much a victim of the hype machine that is ESPN if he is being called overrated. He is one of the best coaches in basketball, he gets the most out of his top notch recruits, and Duke always does well in the NCAA tournament.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you SEE Duke's team? Its the worst Duke team in recent memory. Thier supposedly best player is Josh McRoberts who produces like the 6th man off a mofo bench. They use a 3 guard rotation and guess what? None of the 3 guards are that good. You report to me who the first team All Americans are and get back to me. The fact Duke hasnt lost 5-6 more games than they won is amazing. They are what 22-10? Why would he get criticized? If Duke was 8-24 and had a bad record the year prior then he might get slaps across the hands via the media. But give me a break. You just dont go criticizing great coaches in spite. Lets be realistic. Check the grudge at the door.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is this a serious thread? Look at the Duke team, look at how young it is. If you expect Coach K to win with a young team and an over rated PG, then I don't know what to say
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And I've bashed Greg Paulus on this site (topics probably located in the college forum) more than anyone has praised that bum. He's a bum. Said this before the season started. Said it during. Say it in March. Say it tomorrow. Say it forever.

Do we really need to disect this Duke team that is softer than my grandmoms linen closet? Softer then the towels i take out of the dryer? Give me a break.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And I've bashed Greg Paulus on this site (topics probably located in the college forum) more than anyone has praised that bum. He's a bum. Said this before the season started. Said it during. Say it in March. Say it tomorrow. Say it forever.

Do we really need to disect this Duke team that is softer than my grandmoms linen closet? Softer then the towels i take out of the dryer? Give me a break.

Im saying its Coach K's fault they are weak. He gets top recruits every year. Every player who gets time on Dike was a high school All American, its not lack of talent but lack of deveopment which is his fault.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: