Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #16
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

Default Re: Current Durant or prime Kobe--who you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Have to take Kobe at this point.

Durant hasn't proved enough in the playoffs yet.

I'd expect prime Kobe to win the title with the kind of help Durant has had from 11 to present...so we need to see what Durant does in order to really compare the two fairly.

If it's just regular season play...I'd give current Durant a slight edge over prime Kobe

Can u give me a basketball reason? Durant doesn't become any better of a basketball player if they win the title in 2 months
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #17
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
Ahh, my bad , I see.

You said if you had a good defensive stopper, gotcha.

Although, it's not like having a defensive stopper is a small matter. I can only think of a handful of wings and less than 10 centers I'd give that description to.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #18
KirbyPls
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor K
Can u give me a basketball reason? Durant doesn't become any better of a basketball player if they win the title in 2 months

Have to take Kobe at this point.

I'd expect prime Kobe to win the title with the kind of help Durant has had from 11 to present...so we need to see what Durant does in order to really compare the two fairly.

If it's just regular season play...I'd give current Durant a slight edge over prime Kobe
iTare is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote
KirbyPls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
red1
raptors

this is a tough one. Need to see what durant does in the playoffs before I can decide
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #20
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor K

I don't follow this logic.

Durant has to prove shit. Playing well in the regular season is totally different from playing well in the playoffs...and winning.

There is no excuse for Durant. He's had championship level help for a while now. If the Thunder are healthy and he wants "Kobe status"...he has to play well and win.

This is why I love when great players get great help. No excuses and we get to see what they can do.

And we would all expect prime Kobe to win at least 1 titles from 11 to present with Durant's help...and if Durant wants to begin to achieve that level as a player. He has to come through and win...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #21
Solefade
College star

Quote:

Durant has to prove shit. Playing well in the regular season is totally different from playing well in the playoffs...and winning.

There is no excuse for Durant. He's had championship level help for a while now. If the Thunder are healthy and he wants "Kobe status"...he has to play well and win.

This is why I love when great players get great help. No excuses and we get to see what they can do.

And we would all expect prime Kobe to win at least 1 titles from 11 to present with Durant's help...and if Durant wants to begin to achieve that level as a player. He has to come through and win...

not that i don't agree with you...but if this is the case then why are people saying KD > Lebron then?
Solefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #22
KirbyPls
Local High School Star

Quote:

Agree completely. Not to mention that you have to take Kobe at this point.

KirbyPls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solefade
not that i don't agree with you...but if this is the case then why are people saying KD > Lebron then?

People can say anything they want...and clearly KD has been better in the regular season.

But, in my opinion, you don't take the title of best player away from a guy like Lebron until the playoffs.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #24
DMAVS41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyPls
Agree completely. Not to mention that you have to take Kobe at this point.

What are you doing?

Stop copying my posts please.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #25
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter

Current Durant.

Durant just had a better regular season than any of Kobe's.

I'll be back in two months to update this post, but the way that KD has been playing, it seems like he'll have a good to great playoffs as well, so I don't think I'll need to change my response.

I also expect that as Durant wins some rings and gains more accomplishments, a lot more people will come out and say that Durant's current season was so amazing. Because it'll be more acceptable to say it then.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #26
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
People can say anything they want...and clearly KD has been better in the regular season.

But, in my opinion, you don't take the title of best player away from a guy like Lebron until the playoffs.

preach. im no Lebron stan but I've never understood how people could do that.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #27
3LiftHeatCurse
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
However, there has to be something about Kobe's personality and style of play that contributes to winning championships beyond stats.

It's called being on the Lakers when they signed prime Shaquille O'Neal for 3 of them.

And then the Lakers strike again, acquiring Pau Gasol in his prime for.... Kwame Brown.

That's how he won his championships. Stacked teams. Kobe never dominated the league in a fashion that steamrolled to the Finals based on his heroics. Kobe's only heroics of note in his entire career are stuff like 81 pts in a regular season game vs the worst defense in the NBA when the Raptors were garbage and old washed up Jalen Rose was guarding him.
3LiftHeatCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #28
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
How is a 5x champion being compared to a guy with a stacked team and claims of being the best player while also having 0 expectations of winning a title?
/thread
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #29
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:

I'm not talking who has a better career, I thought we were just comparing who is a better basketball player in their primes.

If someone said "mt Everest is the tallest mountain" before it was measured and proven would they be wrong? No mt Everest height stayed the same and was taller before and after it was proven. Just because phstically it had the highest height. That same way Durant is a better player because he plays basketball better. Don't gotta prove it
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #30
LongLiveTheKing
Top 3 Family

OKC fans/KD Stans which are really Kobe stans dodging this thread.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: