Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #31
okayabc123
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Current Durant or prime Kobe--who you got?

i dont buy into the reg. season vs. playoff comparison... and i don't buy into the fact that kobe needs help to win. i mean, who doesnt? this argument has already been hashed out millions of times on this forum. Almost every championship team that has won has had at least a minimal of two all stars, if not potential hall of fame players.

Durant is accompanied by one of the best PG in the game, and probably the best defensive PF in the league. He has had James Harden, Kevin Martin played along him over the past few years, which both are more than capable of putting up 20+ any given night. So please tell me, how much more help does he really need in order for him to win?

As for this whole Durant is a better reg. season player, I mean, yes in terms of scoring, I think Durant is about as complete of an offensive basketball player as anyone that ever laced it up. Overall, offense/defense, not even close. Sure a lot of us are questioning Kobe's defense over the past 3-4 years. But Kobe for about a better part of his career can lock down 1-on-1 on any player.
okayabc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #32
3LiftHeatCurse
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
OKC fans/KD Stans which are really Kobe stans dodging this thread.

We all know Laker/Kobe stans hate LBJ and so they prop up Durant as a way of hating on LeBron.

Do you want to know the fastest way to get the Kobe stans/Laker fans to stop it?

Start saying Durant, right now, is better than Kobe ever was and will pass Kobe on the all time list. Start putting Durant vs Kobe. Watch them back off :
3LiftHeatCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #33
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor K
I'm not talking who has a better career, I thought we were just comparing who is a better basketball player in their primes.

If someone said "mt Everest is the tallest mountain" before it was measured and proven would they be wrong? No mt Everest height stayed the same and was taller before and after it was proven. Just because phstically it had the highest height. That same way Durant is a better player because he plays basketball better. Don't gotta prove it

We are.

My point is we can't possibly know that at this point.

We just obviously differ on this...and honestly I don't see your side of it. If Durant can't win a title with this group he has...how can one say he's better at basketball than Kobe? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm accused of being a stats only guy...etc. But that isn't the case. Durant has a loaded team...every bit as good as Kobe's teams in 09 and 10 when healthy. Kobe made 3 finals and won back to back titles.

I need to see something along those lines from Durant if I'm going to put him on that level...as a basketball player.

Right now I don't think we can do that...

If Durant was on KG level Minny teams or something...then we'd have to really debate this. Now that KD plays on a stacked team...we don't. We get to compare stats and objective things...and see how KD does as a leader of a top team in the league. And that is a good thing...we get the answers...they are coming.

How players do on title capable teams with loaded talent like the Thunder is part of how good they are at basketball...if it isn't...then I give up.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 04-07-2014 at 07:42 PM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #34
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
We are.

We just obviously differ on this...and honestly I don't see your side of it. If Durant can't win a title with this group he has...how can one say he's better at basketball than Kobe? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm accused of being a stats only guy...etc. But that isn't the case. Durant has a loaded team...every bit as good as Kobe's teams in 09 and 10 when healthy. Kobe made 3 finals and won back to back titles.

I need to see something along those lines from Durant if I'm going to put him on that level...as a basketball player.

This team might be better talent wise than the 09/10 Lakers but they had great veteran presence and GOAT level coaching. Something the Thunder sorely lack. DFish doesn't count anymore.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #35
truhooper
Good High School Starter

KD
truhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #36
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
This team might be better talent wise than the 09/10 Lakers but they had great veteran presence and GOAT level coaching. Something the Thunder sorely lack. DFish doesn't count anymore.

Thunder have tons of veterans...and a great mix at that.

This is the point of people here...these are just excuses.

Collison, Thabo, Butler, and Fisher...those aren't veteran presences?

Shit...Durant and WB and Ibaka are veterans at this point.

Last edited by DMAVS41 : 04-07-2014 at 07:48 PM.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #37
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Current Durant.

Durant just had a better regular season than any of Kobe's.

I'll be back in two months to update this post, but the way that KD has been playing, it seems like he'll have a good to great playoffs as well, so I don't think I'll need to change my response.

I also expect that as Durant wins some rings and gains more accomplishments, a lot more people will come out and say that Durant's current season was so amazing. Because it'll be more acceptable to say it then.

How so?

Did he win the title? maybe 4?

Was he putting up comparable numbers to a Prime Shaq? Oh ok.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #38
Doctor K
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
We are.

If Durant was on KG level Minny teams or something...then we'd have to really debate this. Now that KD plays on a stacked team...we don't. We get to compare stats and objective things...and see how KD does as a leader of a top team in the league. And that is a good thing...we get the answers...they are coming.

How players do on title capable teams with loaded talent like the Thunder is part of how good they are at basketball...if it isn't...then I give up.

Let me just ask you 1 question: does Durants basketball ability increase or stay the same if he wins a championship this year? Not career just basket ability.
Doctor K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:06 PM   #39
Frozen1
Made that high school varsity squad

Kobe everytime they gave him a good team he won rings.
Frozen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #40
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen1
Kobe everytime they gave him a good team he won rings.

This. Boiled Down to Top Ramen.

Screw everything else , half the players ISH says is better than this guy can't win with their current stacked Teams sans Lebron James and Timmy D.

Freaks like Dirk don't need such things.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #41
red1
LaVron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
Hour later....... Still no KD stans....
hmm seems like lack of faith in their boy is a recurring trend among the durant stans here
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #42
Black and White
Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
LeBron

Who did you lose the avy bet to CB??
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #43
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Current Kobe would be a bigger draw than Prime Durant Please don't disrespect a legen-wait for it-dary player.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #44
JT123
big time kobe stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
hmm seems like lack of faith in their boy is a recurring trend among the durant stans here
I think the KD stans signed a treaty with the Kobe stans. The Kobe stans agreed to dickride Durant all season as long as the KD stans NEVER say anything bad about their precious Godbe. Embarrassing!
JT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #45
Rocketswin2013
Bad Username

Gonna bump.

LOL this is sad.
Rocketswin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: