Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #31
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fitness questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I'm just wondering. I'm 6'7" 210 pounds. Is that in the ideal weight range? I feel a little thin, but not rail thin. I exercise quite often and am not sure if I should just stick to what I'm doing, or try to bulk up.

you're like a tayshaun prince i'm guessing
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #32
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
lol, thanks. question though, would protein shakes make me gain weight? I'm not trying to become skinny but i want to burn fat and gain muscle.

Have a protein shake, but at the same meal have a bowl of oatmeal (instant is fine), or a couple of bananas.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #33
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
you're like a tayshaun prince i'm guessing

I'm about 1-2 inches shorter than Tayshaun so I don't look as thin. Considering I weighed 185 when I was 15 and the same height, I think I've done a good job putting on weight, though age helped me out a little.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #34
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
and last, does anyone have a suggestion of a good workout routine that i can do at home, because when i go home i don't have access to a gym as i do here in college.
Run, do half-highs and half-bends, and jujitsu (Sp?) pushups...that's what i'm currently doing and it's absolutely killing me...but thats because I'm out of shape
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #35
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedy bird loc
ok no offense, but you shouldnt be giving advice here. To answer question 2, of course you'll burn more calories running.

And terrible advice on question 3 as well. Your body burns 75 calories an hour just living, so add in some activity, and your burning around 3000 calories a day. eat clean foods like chicken, oats, beef, fish, rice (brown if u can), protein shakes and fruits. Don't eat any of that disgusting **** this guy told you to.
dude if you thought there was an ounce of seriousness in my post, i don't know what to say to you.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #36
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
dude if you thought there was an ounce of seriousness in my post, i don't know what to say to you.

haha yeah man I re read it and realized it was a joke. I just briefly browsed over it the first time and became infuriated. My bad.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: