Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan
PF? u would take cook over Anderson Varejo? Why? Look at the difference. Cook has always looked slow. I never liked him.

And SF? Howard not a SF? are you insane? Rush was just O. No D. I thought he would learn some D but never happened. Lakers ironically tried out Prince and Rush and look who got better. I mean you can tell who made the picks (Jerry West) and not Mitch. I mean Von Wafer? Sissy? Bynum over Granger (Now vs. future)

Look at San An. Name one bad pick they made that they still somehow make a decen trade. lakers make retarded signings and draft picks. If Cook were cut what basketball team would take him?

See Cupcake doesn t see that in order to trade for talent you need talent. Look at Miaimi. They had talent and could make moves. Lakers have Odom and Kobe. Everyone else is so so at best. So no moves. I mean if they trade Odom they are still 2 deep. So just depth is the answer.

K, first of all, teams at the trading deadline kept calling the lakers asking them about Cook and they declined to trade him so his value is great because noone can easily just go out and get an almost unstoppable shooter

Second of all, the whole lakers team isnt made up of horrible draft picks...if you think rish is bad, you obviously have not watched the lakers of 2004 when Rush became the only reason we beat minnesota in game 6 with him making 6 three pointers and scoring a playoff career high 18 points and let me tell you we were about to go back to minnesota for a game 7 where we would probably lose man...and you call Kareem horrible? almost every player has a flaw these arent Gods that come and play In the NBA.

the Miami heat had picked up wayy too much talent and it had showed early on when Van Gundy was still coaching. SHaq makes wayy too much Money, Gary Payton is very Old, Same with alonzo mourning who ended up taking a pay cut to play there because he thought he had a better chance of winning, Jason Williams PLAYS NO DEFENSE...and antoine walker is not an Ideal PF

San antonio on the other hand...it is easy to raise the value of players when u have a coach that teaches you to play the right way, they all Play Defense, Gregg's system is very different from Phil Jacksons system and he requires different types of players as well as phil does....Wafer had a decent college career and they thought he would do good.

Andrew Bynum now...WE DONT NEED ANOTHER SF...what do you not understand about that u keep bringing up the same point over that we should have drafted granger or Sean May...NEWS FLASH...SEAN MAY HAS KNEE PROBS THAT KEPT HIM OUT.

Teams don;t win by whoever hasw the most all stars win or most talent. geez man and this whole time all u can think of are cupcake's flaws...damn
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #17
jan803
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
K, first of all, teams at the trading deadline kept calling the lakers asking them about Cook and they declined to trade him so his value is great because noone can easily just go out and get an almost unstoppable shooter

uh, you aren't saying what the other teams are offering. trades are at least a two-way process...

Quote:
Second of all, the whole lakers team isnt made up of horrible draft picks...if you think rish is bad, you obviously have not watched the lakers of 2004 when Rush became the only reason we beat minnesota in game 6 with him making 6 three pointers and scoring a playoff career high 18 points and let me tell you we were about to go back to minnesota for a game 7 where we would probably lose man...and you call Kareem horrible? almost every player has a flaw these arent Gods that come and play In the NBA.
and where did rush go during the pistons series? where were the big baskets? where was the defense. i pray that the lakers don't pick him up. and if you've paid attention to the roster as it stands NOW, we have too many guards. to acquire another makes no sense.

Quote:
the Miami heat had picked up wayy too much talent and it had showed early on when Van Gundy was still coaching. SHaq makes wayy too much Money, Gary Payton is very Old, Same with alonzo mourning who ended up taking a pay cut to play there because he thought he had a better chance of winning, Jason Williams PLAYS NO DEFENSE...and antoine walker is not an Ideal PF

what was the point you're making here? sounds like you're bagging on the heat. i thought the team wouldn't pan out and they ended up hoisting the dam trophy.

Quote:
San antonio on the other hand...it is easy to raise the value of players when u have a coach that teaches you to play the right way, they all Play Defense, Gregg's system is very different from Phil Jacksons system and he requires different types of players as well as phil does....Wafer had a decent college career and they thought he would do good.

uh...the spurs had incredible luck getting a player like duncan as a no. 1 draft pick. however, their success has been because their scouts are better evaluators than the lakers. they have more talented players overall than we do. you weren't paying attention to what phil was trying to preach...defense, defense and more defense. but TEACHING is one thing but the players need to execute.

our coaching staff certainly understands defense as well, but having guys like cook, slava, smush, sasha and walton don't help. these guys really need to work extra hard to get the concept of defense, let alone team defense. other than walton, these draft picks were very weak. walton's the only one who makes up his weaknesses defensely by his understanding of the triangle. he will be a fine 6th man now.

Quote:
Andrew Bynum now...WE DONT NEED ANOTHER SF...what do you not understand about that u keep bringing up the same point over that we should have drafted granger or Sean May...NEWS FLASH...SEAN MAY HAS KNEE PROBS THAT KEPT HIM OUT.

first thing i agreed w/in this post.

Quote:
Teams don;t win by whoever hasw the most all stars win or most talent. geez man and this whole time all u can think of are cupcake's flaws...damn

teams do win w/the most talent most of the time. there's the balance of good scouting, good players, good coaches and savvy uppermangement that gets championships most of the time. the lakers over the last 5 years or so have lost some steps in the scouting department and upper management had a lot to do w/shaq and kobe not being able to co-exist and not being able to put the right pieces around two of the most dominant players. that's a dirty shame if you're a lakers' fan.

Last edited by jan803 : 07-03-2006 at 12:20 PM.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #18
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

1. See that shows how retarded Cupacke is. You trade Puppy Crap's sorry ass even if its for cash. I just loved the stifling D he played in the Phoenix series and the way he threw upbricks and long range jump shots which played right into Phoenix's offensive scheme.

2. You remember game 6 because he didn't do crap in the Detroit series. He had no D and was shown how 1 dimensional and soft he is. Hopefully he has improved on D cause if so he would be a cheap fix.

3. Too much talent is better than not enough talent. Obviously cause who has the ring and who was outed in the first?

4. Raise value? San an picks are good b4 they get there. A rare trend found in Laker picks. See Wafer, Sissy, Cook, etc.

5. Yes we did need a real SF.I never said May so please no words in my mouth. Remember Granger plays 5 positions. 5! Not like the Lakers crappy SF's who are soft and played no D. Imagine a lineup of

Kobe
Lamar
Granger
Brown
Mihm

Guaransheed they would have beat Phoenix. And now all they need is real backup PF and C because the bench would be : Parker, Walton, Geoorge, Jackson, Turiaf. The rest would be traded for cash or a year supply of gum if they are lucky. Wow sounds like an awesome team for now and the future. emphasis FUTURE.

See this team is TALENTED. I know, hard to imagine a talented team winning a ring because the last talentless team to do so was in 69 or 70 something, the Sonics. So yeah history is on your side. 30 years of talentless teams making noise. lol
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
3. Too much talent is better than not enough talent. Obviously cause who has the ring and who was outed in the first?

4. Raise value? San an picks are good b4 they get there. A rare trend found in Laker picks. See Wafer, Sissy, Cook, etc.

5. Yes we did need a real SF.I never said May so please no words in my mouth. Remember Granger plays 5 positions. 5! Not like the Lakers crappy SF's who are soft and played no D. Imagine a lineup of

Kobe
Lamar
Granger
Brown
Mihm

Guaransheed they would have beat Phoenix. And now all they need is real backup PF and C because the bench would be : Parker, Walton, Geoorge, Jackson, Turiaf. The rest would be traded for cash or a year supply of gum if they are lucky. Wow sounds like an awesome team for now and the future. emphasis FUTURE.

See this team is TALENTED. I know, hard to imagine a talented team winning a ring because the last talentless team to do so was in 69 or 70 something, the Sonics. So yeah history is on your side. 30 years of talentless teams making noise. lol

I agree that Brian Cook is too soft and I want him traded also...but For you to put a line up like that? whos gonna gaurd nash...aint no real PG's on that lineup man.

Sasha still has another year...look what he did in the phoenix series...he shot better than 60% from 3 pt range. that sounds good...he also frustrated nash a couple of times.

Doesnt it show improvement when we lose to phoenix everytime last year and almost this year in the regular season, jumping to a game 7 in the first round?

That sounds like an overnight improvement, Also Too much talent is better than not enough because they can make trades easier but im just saying it wasn't easy for Miami...they had to make so many adjustments on that team. pretty good coaching by pat riley.

also, about wafer, there was no depth in that draft at all last year, the number 1 overall pick averaged 8 points a game. the only star caliber dude was chris paul.
everyone else sucked.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #20
traditionone

The great thing that will result from the Phoenix series is Sasha's increased confidence. He showed up and played better than he ever has before and now, he should believe that he belongs in the NBA, to trust his game, and don't be scared to let it all out.

I will not say Rush is better than Prince, but he was a good college scorer who was athletic. He got PT in Charlotte and put up okay numbers. I believe he can come back here and play much better than he did before because he is more experienced and he knows he can put up numbers. He should play more aggressively and confidently.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #21
Lakerfan

Quote:
I agree that Brian Cook is too soft and I want him traded also...but For you to put a line up like that? whos gonna gaurd nash...aint no real PG's on that lineup man.

Sasha still has another year...look what he did in the phoenix series...he shot better than 60% from 3 pt range. that sounds good...he also frustrated nash a couple of times.

Doesnt it show improvement when we lose to phoenix everytime last year and almost this year in the regular season, jumping to a game 7 in the first round?

That sounds like an overnight improvement, Also Too much talent is better than not enough because they can make trades easier but im just saying it wasn't easy for Miami...they had to make so many adjustments on that team. pretty good coaching by pat riley.

also, about wafer, there was no depth in that draft at all last year, the number 1 overall pick averaged 8 points a game. the only star caliber dude was chris paul.
everyone else sucked.

No real Centers or PF's on Phoenix and look what they did to two L.A teams with traditional players. A teams best 5 players will have a greater chance of winning.

The lineup i suggest is ideal for the triangle. The shortest player would have been Kobe at 6'6. The Bulls had the same thing, with Harper, Pippen, and Jordan. Ask them who is the PG. Whoever wanted to be. Pippen initiated and he is not a traditional PG at all. But they have 6 rings.

L.A would have a great lineup for now and future with Kobe being the oldest.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

or we can dump the triangle, Keep lamar at point like magic johnson, and we can have a run n gun game.

sound fun??

jk
Old 07-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #23
traditionone

Quote:
No real Centers or PF's on Phoenix and look what they did to two L.A teams with traditional players. A teams best 5 players will have a greater chance of winning.

The lineup i suggest is ideal for the triangle. The shortest player would have been Kobe at 6'6. The Bulls had the same thing, with Harper, Pippen, and Jordan. Ask them who is the PG. Whoever wanted to be. Pippen initiated and he is not a traditional PG at all. But they have 6 rings.

L.A would have a great lineup for now and future with Kobe being the oldest.

Last time I checked, Phoenix didn't get to the Finals and they won't if they keep playing the way they do. Phil has 9 rings.

Also, it takes a player with a certain skillset to play the point. You just can't stick the shortest player there. Ideally, the point guard in a triange has to be a great decision maker, good passer, and be able to hit an outside jumpshot. You don't want Kobe or Lamar to do that. Paxson did that. Kerr did that. Armstrong did that. Fisher did that. Harper wasn't as good of an outside shooter, but he was a great decision maker and passer.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Last time I checked, Phoenix didn't get to the Finals and they won't if they keep playing the way they do. Phil has 9 rings.

Also, it takes a player with a certain skillset to play the point. You just can't stick the shortest player there. Ideally, the point guard in a triange has to be a great decision maker, good passer, and be able to hit an outside jumpshot. You don't want Kobe or Lamar to do that. Paxson did that. Kerr did that. Armstrong did that. Fisher did that. Harper wasn't as good of an outside shooter, but he was a great decision maker and passer.

Thats a good point, Phoenix may not have needed a center with such slow teams but once they reached the higher competition thats when it mattered most and Boris Diaw went from shooting gaurd to center.

Also for the point gaurd situation Phil prefers tall gaurds at the point. Doesnt have to be a true PG but someone that can handle the ball against pressure and play defense. and obviously a shooter.

But I dont see why we cant keep sasha as the starter. Doest he just fit every thing I said we need?

He's perfect he was born to play the role
Old 07-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #25
GM2BE

Default Worst Gm Ever!!

He Is In So Far Over His Head It Is Ridiculous.. He Does Not Know Talent, He Skated On Jw's Coattails And Learned Nothing.. Get Rid Of That Jackass .
GM2BE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #26
traditionone

Quote:
Thats a good point, Phoenix may not have needed a center with such slow teams but once they reached the higher competition thats when it mattered most and Boris Diaw went from shooting gaurd to center.

Also for the point gaurd situation Phil prefers tall gaurds at the point. Doesnt have to be a true PG but someone that can handle the ball against pressure and play defense. and obviously a shooter.

But I dont see why we cant keep sasha as the starter. Doest he just fit every thing I said we need?

He's perfect he was born to play the role

I'm not ready to completely give up on Smush either. As much as I have bashed him, he's outperformed everybody's expectations. He was out of the league a year ago.

I want to give Sasha a legit chance to be the starter. If he has his confidence and plays like we all know he can play, then our point guard situation is good. Smush would be able to move to the bench. Then he could his athleticism to create for himself more and score. He can be a good shooter and a good defender. He has the physical tools.

Is Smush working out with Kobe this summer?
Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone

Is Smush working out with Kobe this summer?

Not sure but it would be good for him.

Kobe should have a workout plan and sell it...itll make him even more money
Old 07-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #28
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Not sure but it would be good for him.

Kobe should have a workout plan and sell it...itll make him even more money

to everybody in the league or just his teamates? I would prefer just his teamates
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
to everybody in the league or just his teamates? I would prefer just his teamates

haha yeah me too. also to laker fans only. then all 17,000 fans can sub in when one guy gets hurt. LOL
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #30
Mr. Clutch

hahaha no i think hes working out with d-wade but brian cook isnt as bad as you make him seem he actually draws alot of crucial charges and hits BIG shots he's like a poor mans Horry at this point in his career we should give him time cuz every year he gets better
Mr. Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: