Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What player has to step up the most

explain
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What player has to step up the most

They all do.

Whenever you lose an important player all of them must step up.

The guy I am most disappointed in is Frye.

He needed to lift his game and be more of a force under the boards. But he has proven that what the scouts said he was true when he entered the draft. They said he was soft, he is, he has turned into a 6'11" jump shooting guard.

I am so disappointed in him because he's a nice kid and very likable but he is not NBA ready and not tough enough. He knows the game and has a high basketball IQ but he's a bust.

The other players are doing their best and Marbury has stepped up but that wasn't his job to score and has reverted back to being a score first point guard. That has defeated the whole point......

Curry has to learn to pass better off the double team. He had Lee around to clean up the mess, so now that he doesn't Curry's deficiencies are showing up again.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Nate, Jefferies and James. It's like if they are hiding on that bench. Letting the team carry them. Even Frye is kind of invisible sometimes.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

gotta be frye or francis. with their guys injured, they need players to step up and these are 2 players who have the ability to. as far as all this talk about channing frye being soft and a 6'10 shooting guard.... well thats exactly what he was last year and no one was complaining. the difference was he was hitting his shots back then, and he was an "untouchable", so why does everyone point to that now?
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Simple........if your going to be a 6'10" shooting guard you better hit all your shots.

He did make a statement and it was something that I have said before, he said that all this emphasis on Curry has hurt his game.

What I would have liked to say back to him is in the NBA you have to earn it like Lee does. So start hustling and banging inside and you will get respect. The refs also won't call you for every foul. That's the way it works.

When he wakes up to the fact that the NBA is a man's game he will excel. He still has a college mentality.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 AM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure he'll wake up when he's wearing the jersey of another team. That's a rude awakening if any. But, for now, he's fast asleep. Sleep it off. Sleep.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Frye needs to step up it up definitely...the Knicks are gonna scrap and fight for every game we play if we want to make it to the playoffs. And with Curry cooling down, Lee out, Q out, and Crawford out, he needs to get at least 15/8 a game
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Steve Francis, He needs to fill in Crawfords role and he showed us he can do it last night vs Washington.

The whole team has to step up starting from our leader, Stephon Marbury. We need Frye, Lee and Curry to step up in the front court. Q needs to get his back better so he can return.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
He did make a statement and it was something that I have said before, he said that all this emphasis on Curry has hurt his game.

so its fine if hes a 6'10 shooting guard if hes hitting shots? then the problem is not that hes a 6;10 sg, its that hes not hitting shots. but being a jump shooter i think a guy like curry that draws doubles should help him get open and help his game. though it would hold back his post game, i dont see why he cant hit a jumper. my thoughts on his struggles, i think he let the hype get to him. he was called an untouchable and i think it got to his head and might have slipped on the work ethic. i remember seeing him in some magazines and he seemed to think he was a celebrity or businessman wearing a suit with a cigar in his mouth talkin bout how he hopes halle berry thinks hes cute or whatever. i think he'll be better next season, whether it be with the knicks or not.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

You really have to focus closely on what's going on during the game. It kind of takes a little of the fun away but it is enlightening.

Many times I have seen Frye give the ball up to Curry when he's on the low post take a step out and wait for the ball. Curry is double teamed and fails to kick the ball back out. Or hit him when he cuts.

I think this is confusing for Frye. See, in college it would be natural for him to get the ball back and hit the open jumper.

But this is the "ME" NBA.....poor fundamentals, poor D, poor passing and selfish play. Why, because more stats means more money. That's what Frye doesn't understand, you have to work for it because it's a man's game. A man must make money to provide for his family, it's a mindset.

It's no longer a game and Frye has to wake up like Lee did and it's seems like Balkman and Collins are. You have to work for it and Frye doesn't understand the difference between the college game were everybody listens to the coach and does what they are told or they sit. Were as in the pros it's all about contracts and egos.

When he wakes up and takes charge of his game by banging at the boards and demanding the ball not asking for it he will excel. But I have a feeling it will be on another team and he will come back to haunt us.

He will enjoy coming back to the garden and put up 30 points and 20 rebounds every time he comes back.

And after every basket he will say things like:

That's for playing James over me, swoosh as the ball goes in.

That's for Curry never giving the ball back to me, swoosh as the ball goes in.

That's for never run a play for me, swoosh as the ball goes in.

That's for spending hours with Curry and not any with me, swoosh as the ball falls gently through the basket......all net.

It's partly his fault for being a good kid and a nice person. He has to learn it's a cruel mean world and he has to learn to make his way in it, he has been sheltered.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Great post BDB.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Thank you

I do watch the games and have seen things. Then I try to figure out the reasons. Why am I seeing certain things? What's going on, really goning one, the stuff they don't tell the fans or the media.

Why does Q score 30 points one game and become almost invisible the next? The answer is simple, he's back is acting up.

Little things like that.

I still for the life of me have no clue why Zeke starts James for 5 minutes than sits him for the rest of the game. He has a good backup in Cato who can do basically the same things as James should and play PF too.

I'm sure Zeke has all the answers even if they are convoluted nonsense.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #13
knicks15
Local High School Star

something else i notice about frye, especially earlier in the season, when he hesistates on the jumper he almost always misses the shot, when he just squares and shoots he has a much better chance of hitting it. he looked very uncertain a lot of times. they could really use a consistent jumper from him
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Frye also seems to be too hesitant this year as well. He'll get a nice open look, then he'll do a pump fake and run into a defender and puts up a terrible shot.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Frye also seems to be too hesitant this year as well. He'll get a nice open look, then he'll do a pump fake and run into a defender and puts up a terrible shot.

yeah looks pretty evident he lost some confidence in his jumper
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: