Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crazy NFL offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Stallworth's that kid from Cleveland, right?

Hes the dude from Philly that caught all of the 40+ yard passes from McNabb early in the year. Similar Skill set to moss, but not quite as talented. Welker will take Branch's role, and Stallworth gives them something NE hasn't Had in a while: A deep threat.

If NE has a good draft, which they probably will, they should be the favorites to win it all next year. I say they pick up a Safety and a TE. I think Brian Lenord would be nice on that team, play him at TE/RB. Have a lesser role than Dillon a year ago, but still be the power back to counter Maroney.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Minnesota misses out on another WR. Guess they are hopin for Ginn or Johnson in the draft
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #18
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
Hes the dude from Philly that caught all of the 40+ yard passes from McNabb early in the year. Similar Skill set to moss, but not quite as talented. Welker will take Branch's role, and Stallworth gives them something NE hasn't Had in a while: A deep threat.

If NE has a good draft, which they probably will, they should be the favorites to win it all next year. I say they pick up a Safety and a TE. I think Brian Lenord would be nice on that team, play him at TE/RB. Have a lesser role than Dillon a year ago, but still be the power back to counter Maroney.
really played most of his career at NO. Very good hands, should be a good pick up.

ON an unrelated note, my favorite lion, cory "the brick" schlesinger, signed with one of my least favorite teams, the Miami Dauphin.

Now I have no reason to follow the NFL at all.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Stallworth gives them something NE hasn't Had in a while: A deep threat.

Bethal Johnson was/is a great deep threat
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Bethal Johnson was/is a great deep threat
I should have added legitimate/proven. I wouldn't call Bethel Johnson a proven deep threat.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #21
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stallworth finally gives the Pats a legitimate down field threat. Now Brady can use the the deep threat more and keep the safety honest. And Wes Walker to the Pats makes perfect sense as well. Isn't that the guy that kicked a FG, scored on Special team TD, and caught a TD in one game, if sp perfect fit.

BTW, did you guys see that the Rams singed Randy McMicheal and Drew Bennett. God damm that offense is going to be amazing this year. Holt, Bruce, Bennett and they finally get a legitimate TE McMicheal did I also mention a 1,800 yard back in Jackson and good qb in bulger. Best offense on paper.

Other notes:

-I Like the Leonard davis signing
-Pats have had a great offseason, duh
-There have been some decent lineman, so why aren't the Texans making a move?
-WTF are the seahawks doing? There done as far as I'm concerned. They put all there eggs in one basket last year and then later found out that basket has a hole in it.
-: Giants
-Trent Green still available? If so, Bears should hit the chiefs up.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #22
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Curious to see what Oakland's going to do. Got rid of one malcontent in Porter.

uhhh am I missing somethin? I thought joey porter was the only one released (now on the dolphins) not jerry porter, or did he get released too?
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #23
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
-WTF are the seahawks doing? There done as far as I'm concerned. They put all there eggs in one basket last year and then later found out that basket has a hole in it. .
What don't you like about the Hawks offseason? Yeah, we overpaid Kerney, but who wasn't overpaying this offseason. If the team can stay healthy, i say they have 1-2 very good years left before we need to make major changes.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Leonard Davis is a bum. Where is Dallas gonna play him? I hope at OG.

Quote:
Stallworth's that kid from Cleveland, right? If so, Pats just seriously upgraded on their wing corps. It's going to be scary to see what Brady can do with some actual threats again.

Wrong. Clevland? Where you get Clevland from?

He played 1yr in Philly (started off hurt) but was traded to Philly from NO where he underachieved as a WR. And Sean Payton decided to go with the 7th round pick named Marques Colston instead.

Donte Stallworth is a deep threat but has a problem with catching the football at times. He's dropped some passes going deep that were easy catches. That said NE adding him to the rest of the core is solid. NE doesnt need Donte to be the #1 WR who recieves all the catches/passes. They'll spread it around and they got some playmakers to do it.

Quote:
Philly's getting cut every which way but loose this year. Garcia gone. Now they're deep threat lights out from under them. And a disgruntled McNabb? Philly doesn't make any noise this year that cheesesteak chomping media is going to have Donovan's head on a platter, and you can take that to the bank.

You're not into football are you? Disgruntled Mcnabb? How so? Eagles will be fine dispite losing Stallworth. They are putting thier faith into Hank Baskett who avg 21ypc last season and made some big down the field plays.

Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis, Avant. I've seen worst WR cores in Philly.

I'd like to know who the backup RB will be but the real issues arent on offense. Try defense. OLB, S and nickel CB sicne Rod Hood bolted.

Quote:
Curious to see what Oakland's going to do. Got rid of one malcontent in Porter, now they just to deal that headcase Moss, but they're going to be pretty thin on an already suspect offense. Their draft position is going to be fun to watch.

WR Porter is still there. Joey Porter from Pitt signed with Miami Dolphins opposite Jason Taylor. You're clueless as hell to football. And you're from TEXAS???? Wooow.

Raiders signed Rhodes from the Colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
really played most of his career at NO. Very good hands, should be a good pick up.

ON an unrelated note, my favorite lion, cory "the brick" schlesinger, signed with one of my least favorite teams, the Miami Dauphin.

Now I have no reason to follow the NFL at all.

Donte Stallworth and very good hands dont mix like oil and water. I'm sorry.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
NE just signed Donte Stallworth to a 6yr deal worth $30mil, $12mil guranteed.

NE is having a nice offseason plus they have 2 first round picks in the draft. Add more talent to replace the ones they have there...that they may not want to keep or pay. Nice. Tom Brady WR core is back up to snuff.

They still need to find a nice back up for Harrison. The dude is good, but he gets injuried too much. I am really looking forward to see what Pats can get from this draft.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #26
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Only one off season move impressed me as far as pure talent and that was Adalius Thomas by the Pats...
all these other moves really didn't improve to many teams and the money paid was absolutely idiotic and ridiculous. there was not one impact player signed really IMHO for the money payed... Nate Clements is a good addition but he cost more than Champ Bailey and his skills aren't even close. The Saints added a really good pass catching TE in Eric Johnson if he can stay healthy.

Who ever said Stallworth was a good signing never seen the guy play... he doesn't stay healthy and he drops WAY too many balls...
Davis an over sized TeddyBear...
McGahee thinks he's the best back in the NFL pssffttt 3 picks for a back that doesn't hit holes hard....
Rueben Droughans is OK for the giants they will use a two headed approach Brandon Jacobs still runs like a n0ob and cant pass protect...
Joey Porter just lost a step and will be forgotten now...
Jamal Lewis a has been they ran him into the ground time to move on and they should have never resigned him and let Chester Taylor go....
Micheal Lewis and Lelie not even worth mentioning....

As a Jets fan I personally think they over paid for Thomas Jones he isnt worth really dropping 20 spots. He's a hard nosed runner with no game breaking or game changing ability but he is solid consistent. The Jets really needed a dependable back that can teach Washington and Houston how to run.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-12-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #27
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
WR Porter is still there. Joey Porter from Pitt signed with Miami Dolphins opposite Jason Taylor. You're clueless as hell to football. And you're from TEXAS???? Wooow.

good to know texas fatman was just being his dumbass self and that I wasnt missing out on a big football move.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #28
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

whats going on w/ Randy Moss? He going anywhere or staying pat with the Raiders?
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #29
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
whats going on w/ Randy Moss? He going anywhere or staying pat with the Raiders?
theyre still looking to trade him if I'm not mistaken, I believe green bay wants him, packers fans dont want it to happen though, althought I wouldnt mind seeing AJ Hawk or Aaron Kampman going to the raiders!

Last edited by lebron_zoom : 03-12-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #30
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
theyre still looking to trade him if I'm not mistaken, I believe green bay wants him, packers fans dont want it to happen though
yeah i dont see farve and moss clicking too well.

Miami could use him. Chambers needs some help
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: