Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: who here lifts weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Wats up man. Wanting to start weight training. Im about 5-10-5-11 165-160 lbs., fluctuates around there. want to get to 170-175 lbs. want to get bigger upper body, as well as strenghtn my knees and legs/ (Had a knee op on my left knee, torn ACL). Can u write me up a program I can follow to start up. Used to be cut wen i was in college playing ball 3-4 times a week pre-knee injury and job. But after school im starting to grow a belly. Thanks

uh haha heres something basic for you, moderare it how you like.

pick maybe 4 excercises for each muscle group, do 3-4 sets of each

monday - chest and back -
tues - rest
wed - quads and hams (legs duh)
thurs rest
fri - shoulders
sat - bi's and tri's (arms)
sun - rest

you can do calves and abs almost every day if you want, i try to hit only one muscle group a week, and i go hard every day. eat good, make sure you eat in the morning, after training, and right before bed. holla.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #17
Hstone
Serious playground baller

Hstone has an OK reputation so far

if you build up ur legs how much would you need 2 dunk am about 57' and can get da rim on 9 foot baskets
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Remember guys, protien is yuor best friend.
BTW, try out a product called Redline. It comes in pills, liquid, and sports drinks. Love the feedback for business purposes.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For those who asked about leg strength for dunking. You need to work on the power of your legs not the strength. If you work on the strength of your legs, your legs will eventually get too big an the weight of the muscle will weigh your legs down.

But then again I learnt this from my GCSE PE lessons in school, and they usually don't know what they are talking about. Most of the stuff they have taught us is wrong (I know this from research of my own)
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
For those who asked about leg strength for dunking. You need to work on the power of your legs not the strength. If you work on the strength of your legs, your legs will eventually get too big an the weight of the muscle will weigh your legs down.

But then again I learnt this from my GCSE PE lessons in school, and they usually don't know what they are talking about. Most of the stuff they have taught us is wrong (I know this from research of my own)

A lot of it is natural athleticism. Either you have it or you don't. I've always been skinny and athletic, so it comes natural for me. There's no weight bringing me down. I first dunked when I was 6'0". Now, I can dunk on 11'.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #21
Pyro
Banned

Pyro has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Wats up man. Wanting to start weight training. Im about 5-10-5-11 165-160 lbs., fluctuates around there. want to get to 170-175 lbs. want to get bigger upper body, as well as strenghtn my knees and legs/ (Had a knee op on my left knee, torn ACL). Can u write me up a program I can follow to start up. Used to be cut wen i was in college playing ball 3-4 times a week pre-knee injury and job. But after school im starting to grow a belly. Thanks
120!!!! How tall are you 5foot 3inch
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
A lot of it is natural athleticism. Either you have it or you don't. I've always been skinny and athletic, so it comes natural for me. There's no weight bringing me down. I first dunked when I was 6'0". Now, I can dunk on 11'.
Yeah, I'm the same; 6'3", slim, athletic and can hit my elbow on a 10ft rim. People always wonder how I manage to jump so high even though I do no kind of weight training or plyometrics.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #23
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
BTW, try out a product called Redline. It comes in pills, liquid, and sports drinks. Love the feedback for business purposes.

Yes, protein is our friend. What's redline? One of the homies at the gym had one (a little blue bottle i think), he said it tasted like ****.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianou
Personally, I wouldn't mess around with suplements. I've seen plenty of good friends get fat because they started training and all the stuff in the suplements turned into fat.
1.You have no idea what you're talking about.

2.Your friends got fat because they ate donuts, not Whey protein.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #25
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

i drank a bottle last night before i worked chest : dam that stuff gets you going i got up 265 on my own 4 times on bench press then i went and did dumbell press and got 105's up 3 times.

i've been working out for about 3 years now and my usual goal is trying to loose weight but of course i say i'm going to do more cardio but then as you can tell above i spend WAY more time lifting instead of cardio. anyways i've been focusing on my back and stomach lately and i want a "V" back and a flatter stomach so how many reps and sets should i be doing and what type of excercise do you recommend?? TIA

oh yeah almost forgot to ask i've been taking muscle milk for the past couple months and feel like i've plateaued (SP) any other recommendations of suppliments i should try?? I hear the plain whey protien isn't that good because it just gives you mass and lean muscle is this correct?

Last edited by Wicked_1 : 03-13-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: