Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong waysecund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Gary Payton says most "PGs" are shooting guards

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...is_shared=true

Gary Payton telling the truth about how most PGs today are really just undersized SGs pretending to be PGs.

They are hero ball shooting guard wannabes who are not about ball movement. This is why we are in the ISO era. The spurs understand that a PG must be a distributor first which is why they are so good. Now unlike Payton I actually like Curry's game even though he is a unique PG, but I am not a fan of the selfish inefficient chucker PGs like Rose, Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Kemba Walker etc. These guys play "ball hog in the playground" loser ball. They have such a bad basketball mentality.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
J Shuttlesworth
Tha Knickz R awful

J Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected posterJ Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected posterJ Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected posterJ Shuttlesworth is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gary Payton says most "PGs" are shooting guards

Very few true PGs left in the league. CP3 FTW
J Shuttlesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What height's undersized for a SG?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Rose'sACL
Good college starter

Rose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong wayRose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong way

why does it matter what they are called? if they are playing well and resulting in wins?
KD, melo and Lebron switch from SF to PF a lot of the times and duncan play C or PF depending on what Pop wants him to do.
Rose'sACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by secund2nun
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...is_shared=true

Gary Payton telling the truth about how most PGs today are really just undersized SGs pretending to be PGs.

They are hero ball shooting guard wannabes who are not about ball movement. This is why we are in the ISO era. The spurs understand that a PG must be a distributor first which is why they are so good. Now unlike Payton I actually like Curry's game even though he is a unique PG, but I am not a fan of the selfish inefficient chucker PGs like Rose, Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Kemba Walker etc. These guys play "ball hog in the playground" loser ball. They have such a bad basketball mentality.

the amount of plays finished by iso has decreased every season since 2007
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
MUGEN
Good High School Starter

MUGEN has decent reputation

lol Lillard is anything but a ball hogger
MUGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong waysecund2nun is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
the amount of plays finished by iso has decreased every season since 2007

Good trend, but the league is still an ISO league especially when you compare it to other time periods. I hope the trend keeps up.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Demitri98
Don't feed the trolls

Demitri98 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
For me undersized at the SG is anything under 6'4, a la Monta Ellis, Jimmer Freddette or Avery Bradley.
Demitri98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
why does it matter what they are called? if they are playing well and resulting in wins?
KD, melo and Lebron switch from SF to PF a lot of the times and duncan play C or PF depending on what Pop wants him to do.

ISO PGs are very overrated.

Teams aren't playing up to their potential because of this ISO non sense. A PG's primary purpose is to facilitate ball movement. These ISO PGs contribute nothing in the ball movement category and are actually ball stoppers.

A player like KD, Lebron or Duncan are multitalented and can multiple positions and play them well. Very players have the frame and talent to do that.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #10
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitri98
For me undersized at the SG is anything under 6'4, a la Monta Ellis, Jimmer Freddette or Avery Bradley.
What about Wade?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

Quote:

A 6'3 190 player like Rose and Irving would be a undersized SG.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #12
russwest0
Forever Young

russwest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardrusswest0 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I agree with him on what he said about the NBA being soft a while back. And I agree with him here, but I don't see the point he is trying to make.
russwest0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
What about Wade?

Wade is 6'4 220. But to be honest he was the primary playmaker for Miami before LeBron got here anyways.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
What about Wade?

D-wade is 6'4" and has a great wingspan.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #15
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

outdated NBA model. Why wouldn't PGs today be able to do everything a shooting guard can
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: