Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #16
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Detroit Pistons Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
Delfino isn't bench fodder. He's actually a pretty talented young player. I think he'll be a starter in the league eventually. He has size, athleticism, he defends really well, he has really good handles(ran the point for argentina some), can pass and is probably one of the best rebounding guards in the LEAGUE. Yes I said that. He can get to the rim too and he hustles for loose balls. His problem is that his outside shot is really inconsistent right now. Other than that he's very solid. I like watching him play. I don't think many non-Pistons fans know who he is.
yeah he has the skills to be a very good starter in this league. Has been one of my favorites since he was drafted, if only for the hustle. That being said, I know I am frustrated with his production over the last 3 years. He was too inconsistent to get significant minutes until this year and even now hell have a game where he gets 9 on 3 of 5 shooting with 5 boards and 3 assists and follow it up with a stinker like 0-3 with no assists 2 boards and 2 turnovers. I am glad ( ) that flip murray hasn't taken many of his minutes, but still disapointed in his overall production.

But as mentioned above he can do it all. Our only slasher, better rebounder than Maxiell on many nights, great handles for his size and a solid (not great) defender.

Living in aggieland, I am not sold on Acie as a 7-15 draft pick. Hes very smart and has good floor vision..... I cant really explain why I dont like him for the pistons, just a bad feeling. Hard to knock his production this year, esp. in the clutch.

On a related note, anyone think Antanas Kavaliauskas gets drafted? I love his work ethic and hustle. I dont see him being great in the nba, but a solid 4th big on the bench.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
On a related note, anyone think Antanas Kavaliauskas gets drafted? I love his work ethic and hustle. I dont see him being great in the nba, but a solid 4th big on the bench.

No...He is a poor mans Ivan Radenovic
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Dumars drafted Nick Fazekas of Nevada.

Lets not forget that Joe Dumars is the same kat that selected Mateen Cleaves and Rodney White.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #19
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

He drafted those guys a while ago, when he was still learning on the job. I doubt he picks up guys like that. He won't draft Fazekas with a littery pick in the 2007 draft. No way. And he drafts better with later picks.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #20
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Delfino's ball handling is over-rated. It's not horrible, but he turns it over way too much to be considered good off the dribble. Other than that, I agree that he's a good player. More of a hustler than anything, but could be a decent trenton hassell type starter in the future. A good roleplayer.

As for the draft, I'm not holding my breath. It's part science, but a huge crapshoot as well. You never know what you're going to get. 2003 still hurts.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: